Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18PP_gno

on March 4, 2017
The reviews are misleading...I was expecting 13x13 board which I did not get. The one I received has a board that is almost 12x12...actual playing area is 11x11. The board is grey and comes with zip bags to separate the colors into. If the zip bags and slightly bigger board are the only difference I don't see what makes it deluxe. Wish I had gone with the cheaper one. I guess I paid $10 extra for cheap zip bags. I ordered the one that says Deluxe Blockus Game sold by Amazon and fulfilled by Amazon. If I was giving stars only on the game itself it would have been 5...we love this game. It's only the confusing descriptions and reviews that made me rate it a 4.
on April 21, 2016
I bought Deluxe Blokus Game for my family and we absolutely love it. This game can be played by everyone.The game is played on a square board divided into 20 rows and 20 columns, for a total of 400 squares. There are a total of 84 game tiles, organized into 21 shapes in each of four colors: blue, yellow, red and green. The game tiles have 1 to 5 made up of different shapes. The idea of the game is to strategically place these odd shaped tiles on the board and try to get rid of as many pieces as you possibly can. In order to put down a tile it needs to touch the corner of the same colored tile that you are playing. You can play this game with 2 to 4 people. Each person getting the same amount of tiles and each person is represented by a color. Once you cannot play any more of your tiles you are out of the game. The individual with the least amount of tiles in their hands wins. It is a game that can be played on many different levels even up to the highest of strategies. I would recommend this game to anybody who is looking to find a fun family friendly game.
on April 16, 2015
Here's my first 1 star review. Because the false advertising. I paid $35 including shipping for this version, because, according to its website, it is a older version which is bigger and suitable for a 6 years old (5+), while there is a newer version which is smaller and lower in price, only 18.11 and shipping fee free (for prime, who I am). When I receive the item, guess what? is the newer smaller and lower price version! I then check the 1 star reviews, it turns out that I am the only one who encounter this problem. I am very unhappy and am returning it.
on November 10, 2013
We love it! We got our friend into board games with this - she previously only thought she liked Carcassonne. We have since fed her a steady diet of highly-visual and spatial games, so she now loves this, Ingenious, Ticket to Ride, a few word games, and the Discworld game. Success!

My one complaint is that it only plays well with 4. There are modifications for 2 or 3 players, but they aren't great, and I don't recommend them. I'm waiting for Blokus Trigon to go on sale, as that scales better, but it seems to be out of print.

Regardless, this is a better starting game than Trigon, because it's even more visual.
on March 23, 2011
From reading the description of this game online I was a little confused what they meant by only allowing pieces to touch at the corners because it wasn't readily apparent to me that most of the pieces consist of multiple joined squares in various configurations (think tetrus). Having said that, once you see the game the rules are quite simple and can be learned in a few minutes. Adults can play a challenging game, but 2 adults can readily play with 2 kids because the adults will focus on blocking each other in and hence the [ignored] kids could well end up winning. Best with 4 players, but 2 works pretty well too.

Caveats: the playing pieces are bit flimsy, so kids who aren't careful could break some pieces, but replacement pieces are easily (and cheaply) available. Also, the scoring rules are a bit more complex than the playing rules, so when we play with kids we just say whoever is the last one able to make a move is the winner (and 2nd last one gets 2nd place, etc).
on February 13, 2018
Great game for the entire family, kids and adults. Challenging, but easy and a lot of fun. Each time you play the game changes. Best of all it allows you family time and gets the kids off the electronic for a while. Highly recommended!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 26, 2012
Okay - I ordered Blokus for a Christmas present for an 8 year old. I did not order The strategy Game (capitalization exactly as shown on box) made in China with numerous spelling errors, punctuation gaffes and just overall unattractive, substandard packaging. I have to say I will give the 'educational component' 5 stars because not only would this be a logic game it is also a lesson in grammar, phonics and spelling. Amazon - if you are selling something under a particular brand/name, make sure your vendors are following through and delivering what you advertise. Just shaking the box, it sounds chintzy and of low quality versus the game I found in the retail stores in my area. This will go back.
11 comment| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 30, 2015
This was a gift for my daughter and her family last Christmas. When I read reviews that the new Blokus game was smaller and had duller game pieces, I searched all over the internet for this older version that didn't cost twice the face value. I found out this Christmas that it was their favorite game and the adults enjoyed playing it just as much, if not more, that the kids! My adult children play it with their friends and get quite lively.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 3, 2009
Ok, let's describe the people at home who plays this:
-Dad=Doesn't like game of chance
-Mom=Loves Tetris and family games
-10 years old boy=Likes to win
-5 ys old girl=Likes to be with Mom and Dad
And we play, and play, once a day, twice sometimes, and when we don't want to play we usually only play with the little girl and teach her how to "attack" in the game.
The Dad loves this game because you actually have to think, it doesn't matter your luck and even if you make a mistake you can turn the tables at your favor.
The Mom just wants that nobody blocks her, because all that she wants is to make the perfect strategy to put all her pieces.
I really recommend this game for anybody, even if you are totally different from us.
You get better over time, the battles heat up :) and nobody complains or whines.
The only thing is be careful not to lose a piece, you will cry if you do.
on March 13, 2009
I was looking for a game to play with my children (10 and 15) and a foreign exchange student (21) over vacation. I found Blokus and after reading the reviews decided to buy it. Boy, am I ever glad I did. It is a great game.

It took us just a few moments to get the hang of it. Namely how to put the pieces on the board. After we played it once we got the hang of it and then we were off. The game itself doesn't take that long to play (as compared with say Monopoly). So you can play a couple of times in one sitting. You do need strategy, you learn as you play how to plan where you will put your pieces, how to stop someone else, etc. We laugh a lot with this game (I usually threaten to punish my children if they block one of my moves). It is great for all ages and loads of fun. Well worth it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.