Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

Format: Toy|Change

Showing 1-10 of 813 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,170 reviews
on November 22, 2014
Bait and switch. Not the version advertised.
on April 21, 2016
I bought Deluxe Blokus Game for my family and we absolutely love it. This game can be played by everyone.The game is played on a square board divided into 20 rows and 20 columns, for a total of 400 squares. There are a total of 84 game tiles, organized into 21 shapes in each of four colors: blue, yellow, red and green. The game tiles have 1 to 5 made up of different shapes. The idea of the game is to strategically place these odd shaped tiles on the board and try to get rid of as many pieces as you possibly can. In order to put down a tile it needs to touch the corner of the same colored tile that you are playing. You can play this game with 2 to 4 people. Each person getting the same amount of tiles and each person is represented by a color. Once you cannot play any more of your tiles you are out of the game. The individual with the least amount of tiles in their hands wins. It is a game that can be played on many different levels even up to the highest of strategies. I would recommend this game to anybody who is looking to find a fun family friendly game.
on November 23, 2014
Ordered "blokus classic" (the larger version pictured here) and paid about $35 for it. Was sent the smaller, newer, cheaper version instead. I could have gotten that version much cheaper anywhere else. I must agree with the other reviewer who said this is a typical bait & switch. I am attempting to send it back. I'm not sure if the classic version is available anywhere at all. I guess there's no way to tell for sure what you'll get from the seller. It's not like I didn't check first, I tried.
on March 4, 2017
The reviews are misleading...I was expecting 13x13 board which I did not get. The one I received has a board that is almost 12x12...actual playing area is 11x11. The board is grey and comes with zip bags to separate the colors into. If the zip bags and slightly bigger board are the only difference I don't see what makes it deluxe. Wish I had gone with the cheaper one. I guess I paid $10 extra for cheap zip bags. I ordered the one that says Deluxe Blockus Game sold by Amazon and fulfilled by Amazon. If I was giving stars only on the game itself it would have been 5...we love this game. It's only the confusing descriptions and reviews that made me rate it a 4.
on April 6, 2016
I was expecting the nice version of this game that my son had at his preschool. Unfortunately, this is a much more cheaply made version, where there are almost no ridges for the tiles to sit in, so the tiles end up sliding around very easily. Super-frustrating for little kids who are still working on their motor skills. I would not have bought this if I'd realized this would happen.
on December 29, 2015
We gave this game to our six year old daughter for Christmas, because a number of people had highly recommended it. They were right! This game was easy enough for our six year old to catch on right out of the box, but challenging enough that my husband and I were fully engaged from the start. We have since played Blokus both with and without our daughter- even though it is "her" game!

Blokus encourages both spatial awareness and strategic thinking, but does so in a way that is creative and fun. We've already played this game nearly a dozen times in the last four days, and I know that we will be enjoying it for years to come. I would highly recommend Blokus to anyone.

I want to add one caveat, though, which I haven't seen many people mention. This game is best when played with :exactly: four players. Playing with three players is a little easier, so that's a good way to learn, and is still engaging and fun. Though there are adaptations to play the game with two players, I, personally, don't enjoy it as much that way.
on December 26, 2012
Okay - I ordered Blokus for a Christmas present for an 8 year old. I did not order The strategy Game (capitalization exactly as shown on box) made in China with numerous spelling errors, punctuation gaffes and just overall unattractive, substandard packaging. I have to say I will give the 'educational component' 5 stars because not only would this be a logic game it is also a lesson in grammar, phonics and spelling. Amazon - if you are selling something under a particular brand/name, make sure your vendors are following through and delivering what you advertise. Just shaking the box, it sounds chintzy and of low quality versus the game I found in the retail stores in my area. This will go back.
on April 16, 2015
Here's my first 1 star review. Because the false advertising. I paid $35 including shipping for this version, because, according to its website, it is a older version which is bigger and suitable for a 6 years old (5+), while there is a newer version which is smaller and lower in price, only 18.11 and shipping fee free (for prime, who I am). When I receive the item, guess what? is the newer smaller and lower price version! I then check the 1 star reviews, it turns out that I am the only one who encounter this problem. I am very unhappy and am returning it.
on January 20, 2013
We had it as a Christmas gift for our kids, who were 5, 4 and 2+. Introducing game rules of course is the first, after simply example games with we adluts, they all love it soooo much. For kids, they may have their easier and optional rules as a opinion to conduct a game. Maybe educating how to win at the very final is more suitable for older kids. But practice to set up a game is also an important part for kids to learn. It's also a hard game for adults, which can train your brain to think more deeply and completely. We two parents sometimes play with it while kids all go to bed, it's our treasure time!
You may question about my 2+ years old kid if she can join the game..?! Of course! But in the very begining she's just grouping with one adult, and gradually she knows how to put her cubes/pieces into game. But you can't ask her to set to win ! Now they three little kids can play by themselvies without adults' accompany.

The only one thing I worried about and it happened for sure is...the pieces are easy to lost if kids they didn't put it back to box immediately after they finished the game.
on June 14, 2016
I love Blokus! Such a simple concept, but always challenging and fun. I first played this in my high school math class. Now I'm a high school math teacher, so I got myself a copy for my own class! It will strengthen spacial and sequencing skills. You really have to think ahead and build strategies with this one, but it is easy and simple to play and understand. I bought a used version of the Deluxe game for cheap here on Amazon.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.