Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Alexa on Mobile Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

Price:$23.09+ $15.55 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 133 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 147 reviews
on December 28, 2016
We bought this game as a gift for a friend who didn't have it yet, but assuming it's anything like the copy we have (and the photos look like it is), it should still be just as fun.

To play, each player is given a pencil and slips of paper, and the active player draws a card and rolls a die to see which category to play. There are words, initials, names of inventors, dates, movie titles, etc. (depending on which version of the game you have), and each player is then supposed to make up a definition of the word, plot synopsis for the movie title, event that happened on the date, etc. while the active player writes down the actual answer from the card. Then all the slips are handed to the active player and shuffled, and he or she reads them out. Everyone votes on which they think was the correct answer, and points are scored accordingly. It's great fun in coming up with some of the most out-there responses, because the actual response is almost always just as out-there or even more so. It's even funnier when someone in the group actually knows the correct definition of the word or the synopsis of the movie title, if only for the responses of "How do you know THAT?" from everyone else. We've found at least one movie from MST3K on there, for instance.
on December 28, 2014
I bought this game as a family gift for my husband and I, along with a few others games.

We played it for the first time last night and at first I thought the concept was kind of weird and wondered if we were even going to like it.

Then we played a few hands and I fell in love with it. If you are a writer, like I am, you are going to love this one. I think too it will be much more fun with more than two people even though it can be played with just two.

You have a word, phrase, name, initials, and laughable laws that you most likely NEVER heard of and your job is to make up what it means. Your imagination can run wild with this one. Then everyone votes on which one they think is the actual answer. If they pick yours you get big points!

It's so much fun though and I can't wait to play with more people.
VINE VOICEon January 12, 2011
I was introduced to this game a few years ago at a game night
with some friends in their home. It was the most fun I had had in a long time. I don't know when I laughted so much. This game takes imagination and the ability to keep a straight face while making up incredible facts. SO much fun!So easy to play!

After getting tired of waiting for another game night to be scheduled, I realized that I could simply buy one for my own, to have on hand for when freiends and family find themselves together. There is no lack of conversation once this gets going!

Highly recommended.
on January 6, 2015
We love games, Balderdash is a lot of fun, It more fun to play with 4 or more people, we have actually played with 10 people, we just added markers for the additional people. You can play with three people, The reader can read the real answer and they can also put in a dummy answer.
It's a lot of fun, This is a newer version, we have the older one also. But got the newer board this time. WHen family or friends get together, this is always one of the games we play.
They give you a word and you have to define it. Then one person guesses who said what. You advance on the board as to right answers you get right. So you have to be creative, but really there are no right or wrong answers. so anyone one can play. No one knows the what the words mean, so easy for everyone. In the end your learning also.
on June 1, 2017
Great game to play with the family and parents. It was interesting to hear the answers, because they are true facts and most of them you would never guess what it is.
on February 20, 2013
This is a great board game and a lot of fun to play with a group. It forces you to get creative if you want to win. I would highly recommend this game to anyone who likes board games.

The only reason I am giving it 4 stars instead of 5 is because I miss the old Balderdash. However, the changes they have made still work very well. If you're a fan of the old Balderdash, you'll love the new.
on December 28, 2013
This game is so much fun. You really get a chance to be creative and every turn ends in a bout of laughter. One thing I find highly annoying about the product description is that it does not tell you that you really need at least 3 players. If you only have 2 players and play according the instructions, it is way too easy. I have played it with 2 players several times with slightly modified rules. When it is your turn to be the Dasher (the player that reads the real definition on the card), that person will then write down the real definition and make up 3 fake answers. The guesser then has 4 choices to pick from and that makes the game much more fun. The Dasher is also allowed to look at the real answer so that they can write their fake answers in a similar fashion to the real answer. If you don't do this, sometimes the real answer will stick out like a sore thumb, especially for the movies category.
on September 21, 2017
Great game! We've had lots of fun with this at family gatherings.
on February 4, 2013
When we first started the game, it went a bit slow until we realized the kind of definitions we needed to write so that our answers were believable. By the end of the game, we were having a blast. If you're lacking in imagination, or have a small group, it might not be as much fun.
on August 2, 2010
I had played Balderdash many years ago in high school. I am now in college and recently I had an urge to buy this game and enjoy it once again. I have a decent number of friends of whom I play many games with on many occasions. Some of our favorites are Apples to Apples Party Box - The Game of Hilarious Comparisons and Cranium. We all have a lot of fun with these party games and have been enjoying them for years. However, I decided to try something new. This was when I remembered Balderdash.

Balderdash is a simple enough game, played with as little as two players (though I would recommend a minimum of four to really enjoy the game). The concept is as follows: A card is picked with one of five categories: Words, Initials, Movie Titles, People, and Laws. Each of these are things no one has ever heard of. Every round, one person reads the word/clue (this is the Dasher) to the others, who then do their best to write down what they think the definition/plot/etc. is. This is where everyone gets creative. You could write down a funny answer, a serious answer, or just anything. The idea is the trick everyone into voting for you. Once everyone writes down their submission, they turn in their little pieces of paper and the Dasher reads everyone's submissions to the group, randomly, with the REAL definition hidden among the rest. Everyone then votes on what they think the real one is. If you trick some people into picking your submission, you get points, which translate to moves. That's it.

The game's fun comes from the wacky submissions and the art of how you write your submissions. It's a game where the fun doesn't come from winning but from the laughs had by all. I've found that the actual definition is even weirder than what people write. People come up with some pretty crazy stuff, too, and if you have some creative friends you can have a really good time.

A complain I have about the game, though, is that it can be a bit short (a full run can last as little as 20-30 minutes) and there are not many slips of paper, as well as the fact that no pencils were included. However, once the paper runs out, you could easily use normal paper. Still, a minor inconvenience.

Don't let this deter you from getting this game, though. It is a very fun game and there are a LOT of clues given with the game to ensure that you will not see a repeat clue for quite some time. With a lot of creative people this game has the potential to be a real big hit. And because there are definitions, there is even a (slight) bit of learning, though this is NOT an educational game and probably shouldn't be treated as such.

Overall, this is a fun game that is best enjoyed with a decent-sized group of creative people. The supply limitations may deter a few, but it really shouldn't. Any problems with supplies can be overcome with standard paper and pencils. Overall, I very much recommend this game.
44 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.