Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Keepsake Box
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

Price:$21.50+ Free shipping

HALL OF FAMETOP 50 REVIEWERon September 24, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a wonderful gift for a little girl between 6 and 10. This I gave to my 6 year old niece and she loves it! Before I gave it to her, I placed the batteries in the box and got it ready for her to use at once. She did just that and has hardly put this thing down.
May I suggest that you do this BEFORE giving this box to a child:

1) Install the AA Batteries.
2) Place the plastic keys and decals and instructions in a zip-lock bag and tape this to the bottom of the box for safekeeping.

*****Keep in mind that this toy has small parts (the six keys) so it is not recommended for a child really younger than 6 because of the small objects (some very small children put small objects in their mouths). Just want everyone to be safe, so I had to mention this...
VINE VOICEon November 21, 2013
my 13 yo begged and begged for this. this review is based on her comments
1. it's too small for my important stuff
2. you mean it doesn't come with batteries?!?
3. ok all the keys are cool
4. i like recording different messages

ok it's a cute, sturdy LITTLE box. I"m sure little girls will be super pleased with this treasure box. My 12 yo tech savvy son couldn't break into it so i'm ok with it
on November 24, 2013
A gift for a 7 year old birthday and she seems to like it. Has pretty colors and it has become her keepsake box for sure!
VINE VOICEon December 18, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My 7 year-old writes in a journal but hates that it doesn't have a lock. Actually, it DID have a lock, but we lost the key and eventually the lock. I would definitely recommend taping these keys to the bottom for safe keeping (even though that makes it not so private). If your child is super responsible and organized, you may not need to do this. My child misplaces everything, so we thought it would be easier that way. Also, make sure you have the 3 AA batteries. The voice recognition is what we really thought she would love. However, sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. So she mostly just uses the keys. It is still a great little lock 'n key box, but I wouldn't buy it for the voice recognition feature (like we did). My daughter doesn't like that her 2 year-old brother always gets into her jewelry box, and she loves that he cannot open this box on his own. We are happy with our order.
VINE VOICEon October 3, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I purchased a Keepsake Journal for my 8-yr-old daughter a few months ago. After some issues with it needing to be reset because it wouldn't recognize the password, we finally got it to work ok and my daughter uses it all of the time. So when I saw this neat little memory box by the same company, I decided to get it for her. The password portion of this box is similar to the journal, in that you have to be very precise in how you speak to get it to open. However, it also has security "levels" that one can set to lessen the precision needed. This is a good feature for kids that may not have perfect pronunciation yet. Each key provides the user with an ability to record a different memory and stickers they can attach to treasures they put in the box. It also has a small recess inside for the extra special things. I was a little shocked when my 12-year-old twins both said they wanted one too. They haven't played with toys in a couple of years, but they think this is pretty cool. So I would say that it's a great toy for young girls. Although not of the highest technology or security, it is a cute thing for kids to play with.
on November 13, 2013
My niece collects what she calls "treasures", usually just shells and bird feathers and such, and she's been keeping them in one of my old cigar boxes so I bought her this for her birthday and it's great.

It is really well thought out and works reliably and well. The user interface is a little clunky and too complicated for a child but an adult can help them get it set up and then they're good to go.

The box can be used with no password or with a pre-recorded password that must be spoken to open the box. This can be a little tricky for younger children. My 5 year old (just barely 5) can't quite grasp the concept of saying the password exactly the same way at about the same volume every time and so she has trouble getting it to reliably respond but the 7 year old was able to get it to work just fine.

A word on the "security" of the box, there is a "reset" button (that must be pressed with the tip of a pen or something) on the bottom of the box and when pressed it will disable the password, this is a necessary thing for little kids because they forget the password or can't say it exactly right a second time, but it also removes any real security from the box. It's a toy, don't depend on it to actually keep things safe from siblings.

The keys are neat too. You insert them and then turn and the box prompts you to record a memory. The stickers that come with it match the keys. So for example, say you have a movie ticket from the first movie you ever saw. You can put the blue sticker on the movie ticket, insert the blue key and turn it and then record the message "This is the movie ticket from my first movie ever when I was 5! I went with dad and mom and my sister." and then whenever you insert the blue key and turn it from then on it will play back that memory. It's a really cool idea!

I love this and am very happy with it for the price.
on December 5, 2014
My daughter got this for her 7th birthday. She is super into collecting small things and loves to be able to have privacy. Thought she would love this but after we set it up the day she got it, she's not played with it since. Am hoping it's just because she's on gift overload. It's smaller than I expected and the keys are a little flinsy and don't fit properly in the key holders (they giggle around). But the box and sound are really good. Over all, I would buy this again because she will get to it and and I know she will love it.
on February 14, 2016
I bought this for my daughter for Christmas. She returned yesterday , we do not live near each other, and has never been able to open it. It is crazy to make something so difficult. This product cost too much to so disappointing.
on November 4, 2015
honestly seems broken and its very frustrating to my daughter. and me. i can't figure it out even after reading instructions. it truly seems broken or the instructions do not match the product.
even after turning security off the middle front button doesn't open it, it simply says 'cancel' over and over.
on September 14, 2015
This was one of only 2 items my daughter asked for for Christmas. Unfortunately the microphone/playback is very muffled, so her "memories" are usually very difficult to understand or the "password" feature doesn't recognize her voice. Otherwise it's a cute box and fun for little ones :)