Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services gotcatchup gotcatchup gotcatchup  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 26 reviews
on March 2, 2012
I purchased this item because my last set, purchased at Bed, Bath and Beyond, got ruined in storage. I was so excited to get this new, automatic, set but was disappointed by how cheap they seem. My last set was manual but were a lot sturdier. I don't remember if the product stated whether it comes with salt and pepper but it does not. When I did get to use them, they each take 6 AAA batteries (not included) and only one of the mills worked. I was also excited about the feature that allows you to choose how fine or coarse the salt is but was a little disappointed in that as well. There really isn't a whole lot of difference between the lowest and highest setting. The light on the bottom however is kind of cool, so you can see how much salt you are actually using. I decided it was more trouble to send them back and order new ones, so I kept the one and threw the other away. It will grind your salt but I am going to get a better set eventually.
on December 13, 2011
Nice brushed stainless steel design looks great and performs well. The light is a nice touch so you see what is coming out (although it would be nice for it to have a time-delay to stay on for few seconds after the grinding is stopped so you can continue to illuminate the food and see what was done). Easy to adjust the course-ness of the grind by twisting the bottom. Holds a fair amount of salt and pepper. The only negative is that they do not provide a 'tray' to set them on (to catch remnants of the grind when you put it down). Happy with purchase and price. Time will tell about durability but have been using them for a month without any issues.
on April 12, 2011
Bought to replace a different brand, much more expensive and much larger pair with internal battery pack and external charger that failed rather quickly when bought and then did same after having repaired. I like the replaceable standard battery feature. May buy additional for herbs. Four star because no 'catch tray' to sit on. I use a couple of plastic lids to set them on to catch the dregs.
on February 5, 2011
The reviews on this grinder really helped me pick these. Some were
negative, but seemed to be on older models. I really like the built
in light so you can see how much salt and pepper goes on the food.
And the feature that allows you to easily change how coarse the salt
and pepper are ground. I would recommend these grinders.
on December 4, 2012
I bought two sets, one for me and one to give as a gift.
In the set I opened one mill was chipped because the interior is very thin plastic that breaks very easily.
So, I could not screw the two parts together and the light would not work. I have returned this one set to Amazon and hope that the set I will give as a gift will be OK.
It is a shame that those and other similar sets are made so badly and they all look like they are made by the same manufacturer.
on December 30, 2012
It turns out thst all three I purchased were broken, I was really upset, as they were open and already nor functioning. Maybe you should teached the Chinease how to assemble stuff. The plastic parts inside the shakers were already broken in the Box! Please buy yourself one, and try to use this High Priced Junk!
on April 26, 2011
The shaker that works is great. The one that doesn't has a stripped screw that connects to the base and doesn't allow it to turn/grind, etc...It only lasted one day. That particular area is made of plastic which is why I assume it stripped so easily. I'm planning on returning this set. If this incident hadn't occurred I'm sure I would have been happy with the product.
on March 19, 2012
I was taken back on how nice these were, even with a light that comes on the bottom when it is grinding.
on June 8, 2013
would not recommend dropped while unpacking broke one right of the bat being that the cost was low it is not worth the hassel of returning probable better to go with a name brand that is better quality
on November 24, 2012
Actually, I haven't used them yet, as they are a gift. Love the sleek look, though, and they worked fine after I got the batteries installed and filled the pepper and salt mills. Looking forward to entertaining with them.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question