Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing Deluxe 17 - Old Version
|Price:||$19.88 & FREE Shipping|
- Typing tutorial software with 350+ useful skill-building exercises
- Concentrate on core drills, key interests, or overcoming bad habits
- Practice speed, accuracy, and rhythm with 40+ new custom lessons
- Adaptive Response Technology adjusts lessons to age, skill, and progress
- Ideal for students, email enthusiasts, and office professionals
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The leader in typing tutorial software for 11 years running, Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing v.17 is the ONLY typing software delivering the customized training you need in a motivating, engaging format. Work at your own pace with lesson content that keeps you interested. This flexible program is an ideal choice for any would-be fluent typist, including students, email enthusiasts and office professionals. If you use the keyboard, you'll benefit from Mavis Beacon.
From the Manufacturer
The leader in typing tutorial software for 11 years running, Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing v.17 is the only typing software delivering the customized training you need in a motivating, engaging format. Work at your own pace with lesson content that keeps you interested. This flexible program is an ideal choice for any would-be fluent typist, including students, email enthusiasts, and office professionals. If you use the keyboard, you'll benefit from Mavis Beacon!
Practice speed, accuracy, and rhythm with more than 40 new custom lessons.
- Target your individual goals with more than 75 custom lessons
- Benefit from Adaptive Response Technology, which adjusts lessons to your age, skill-level, and progress
- Create custom practice lessons
- Track your progress over time
- Concentrate on core drills, overcome specific habits, or focus on key interests with more than 350 useful skill-building exercises
- Improve your skills the fun way with arcade-style practice games
- Watch video tips on comfortable posture and attain proper physical alignment
- Mavis habla Espanol
- Winner of over 15 prestigious awards, including Parents' Choice awards
Top customer reviews
The installation engine for this software looks like something left over from 1979. It gives no feedback about the only choices (full or minimal install) and is not "Mac-like" in any way. The biggest problem I had has to do with the multiuser aspect of the Mac OS X system. I wanted to install the software into the main Applications folder and then let my son use it on his parental-controlled user account. It took me nearly an hour two times to get it to play nice with both multiuser and parental limitations on my desktop and laptop machines. The problem has to do with permissions, which default to read only in all accounts but the main administrator's account. This generates error messages because it can't save your work and progress in those other accounts. I finally figured out that I had to go to the User - accountname - Shared - Boderbund folder and change permissions to let everyone have read-write access to the personal work files and folders. Just for good measure I changed the permissions on the program itself. Now everyone is happy and my son can learn to type in his own account space without having access to my work and financial records.
For a program of this popularity and age, I would expect a better installation experience. I know I'm not the only one having problems, but for us it did turn out OK in the end. My twenty years as a Mac power user came in handy. If you are just doing a straight-forward installation in your own account, it probably will work fine.
Most recent customer reviews
I am very pleased with this software. It is a great help!