- BoxyBay | Love, Click, Get - Promotion Enter code BOXYBAYP at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save $1.00, just because! when you spend $99.00 or more on Qualifying items offered by BoxyBay. Enter code ONEOFFJB at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply). Enter code 1BOXYBAY at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save $1.01, just because! when you spend $999.99 or more on Qualifying items offered by BoxyBay. Enter code BoxyBayLove at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply). BoxyBay | Love, Click, Get Here's how (restrictions apply)
Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing Deluxe - 25th Anniversary Edition SB
|Sale:||$19.25 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$5.74 (23%)|
Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
- 330 Personalized lessons, exercises and tests
- 12 Entertaining typing games
- Detailed tracking and progress reporting
- Learn to type with bilingual instruction (English & Spanish)
- New content types: type jokes, riddles, recipes, song lyrics and more!
There is a newer version of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Platform: PC/Mac Disc | Edition: Deluxe
Top Customer Reviews
Mavis Beacon just keeps getting younger and younger. And thinner. :o
Installation was a breeze on my laptop.
Installation was a breeze on my desktop.
You don't need the CD in the drive to run it. (Big Plus)
No online activation. (Big plus)It appears that once you buy it you keep it. ie not a rental like Office.
Needs at least 1024x768 res. So some netbooks that still have 1024x600 may have difficulty.
If you have a widescreen monitor, set your graphics card to keep the aspect ratio and not to stretch it. (I have my Nvidia card set for Nvidia scaling with fixed aspect ratio. That setting seems to work best.) My monitor's native res in 1680x1050. You'll get better results since Mavis is not widescreen. Not a big deal to me. It will be to some.
I've ran this all day on my laptop and desktop with no problems at all. Registration isn't required to run the program. Just x out of it if it doesn't pop. The default music is similar to that in Simcity and Sims games. However, you can use whatever music you want. (Though you could do that in another program anyway.)
I ran with whatever Mavis threw at me. I played for 4 hours strait. With the variety of things she threw my way it didn't grow tedious at all. Very pleasant. I usually type at about 20-25 words a minute with looking at the keyboard.Read more ›
First let me share the System Requirements as provided on the product cover (and no where else to be found on the product listing!!!) :
PC users: Windows XP (Home & Pro) SP3, Vista SP1, Win 7, Pentium 4 (2.4 GHz or higher), 1 GB of RAM (2 GB RAM for Vista & Win 7 users), 300 MB free hard disk space, DirectX 9.0c graphics card w/128 MB or more video memory, 24-bit color monitor, 1024x768 resolution, CD/DVD-ROM drive, Windows compatible sound card, mouse, keyboard, speakers, Internet Explorer (7 and later) or Firefox (3 and later) browsers, Internet connection, Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Mac users: OS X 10.5 & later, PowerPC G5, Intel Core Duo or newer, 1 GB RAM, 300 MB free hard disk space, 24-bit color monitor, 1024x768 resolution, CD/DVD-ROM drive, Mac compatible sound card, mouse, keyboard, speakers, Safari (3 and later), or Firefox (3 and later) browsers, Internet connection.
There you have the minimum requirements to dig into. But before we move on with tis review it maybe helpful to know that I'm using this software on a Lenovo Edge 14 laptop which runs on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit with Intel Core i3 (M350 @ 2.27 GHz), 4 GB RAM, & screen res. of 1366x768.
* Ease of Installation: Set up was a breeze. Just pop the CD into your drive, follow the on screen prompts & voila!
* No online activation is necessary. It asks you if you'd like to register your product but that's your call. You don't have to.
*Unlike older versions, you don't need the CD to start the program.Read more ›
As other posters have commented, your stats start going backwards, making them worthless. Audio transcription lessons start, but with no audio making it impossible to continue. Other lessons will start by saying you'll do classic literature and then present you with something like famous quotes.
The software is full of bugs making the user experience thoroughly disappointing. There has to be something better our there. Perhaps purchase a learn to type book?
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Doesn't work well with Windows 10. Kind of sliuggish, even the cursor.Published 22 days ago by Joe D. Mendoza
I received this Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing Deluxe - 25th Edition very quickly and also packaged very nicely. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Preston Willams
Just as I remember it when I learned as child. I do wish the content that you type was a bit more interesting but it gets the job done and I am a much better typer now because of... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Mama Gord
Excellent dvd for practice or teaching the keyboard. Enjoy the whole program.Published 5 months ago by Sandy