Lyft Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Noah Gundersen PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 39 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 40 reviews
on March 30, 2016
Easy to install on a Windows 10 machine. No drivers necessary.
on June 26, 2017
Really nice thank you.
on November 1, 2013
Bought this card for an older i3 on a EVGA P55 motherboard. I use esata to connect to a Raid 5 enclosure. I had been having very slow write speeds for awhile and grown frustrated switching out hard drives, cable, and finally the enclosure itself. Nothing worked. Finally got this to rule out the esata port as a cause even though the esata ports on the motherboard are rated at 3 Gbps. The motherboard maker had stopped releasing new drivers two years ago.

All you do is pop this card in a free PCI-E slot and that's it. "Asmedia Sata" flashes up briefly after the bios notification.

Write speeds went from 30-60 MB/sec to 100-140 MB/sec. Read speeds 140-180 MB/sec. Card fixed my problem. Not happy with the motherboard maker.

Only reason I give it 4 stars is the card is considerably more expensive than other esata cards. If judged only by performance and ease of installation it's 5 stars.
on May 23, 2017
Easy installation and use on OSX.
on February 24, 2015
I'm so glad I didn't purchase the Mac Pro "Black Cylinder".

Installed in a mid-2010 Mac Pro 5,1

30 second installation time. Was recognized automatically with no additional software required. About twice as fast as FireWire 800.

How nice it is to be able to expand and enhance your computer by installing things internally.
on September 21, 2013
I installed this card on my desktop PC with an Asus motherboard running windows 7 and it was literally intuitive. It was instantly recognized and connected both of my e-sata drives instantly. I love how much faster I can access my drive contents than I was able to using USB connections. Just as an aside, if you are running windows XP, you must download and install the driver separately. It was a no go for me on my XP machine, but that's not to say it can't be done.
on April 24, 2013
I bought this card to eliminate a problem that I had with the older card causing the PC to hang during BIOS detection of my external drives, but it appears that I also have improved the transfer rate significantly over that card also. This card is so short (3"), that it fits into an x1 PCIe slot that nothing else on my system would fit into, freeing up an x16 slot for something else. If this card doesn't fail or cause other problems in the future, then it will have been an excellent buy
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 5, 2013
My 2009 Mac Pro got painted into a corner with no USB 3 or Thunderbolt support. This eSATA 6G PCIe card was just the ticket to bring my aging beast up to speed. No drivers or special configuration needed under OS 10.85: pushed card into the slot, closed the case and plugged in my LaCie and OWC drives. For only $35 a nice speed bump over FW800 and my video and audio files open a lot faster. Highly recommended!
on March 17, 2014
I had an older, Voyager USB, FireWire, eSata dock that I tried to use with this card but it kept disconnecting after heavy use. I didn't know if it was the dock or the card, so I decided to try another dock (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005UA3I72) and the card and dock work perfectly with no sleep/disconnecting issues.

I would definitely recommend this card for someone who has an older Mac Pro without USB3 and wants some more speed out of their external disks
on August 25, 2014
I installed this in a 2010 Mac Pro to connect a LaCie RAID box. It installed easily and works as it should out of the box.