BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Women's Coat Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on April 26, 2011
Unlike the other reviewer for this item, I have never had a problem with these tapes recording in the several different VCRs that I use. I have also recorded shows for friends and they have never said that their machines didn't like them either, so I have to assume that they played fine for them, as well.

I do see that Amazon is now selling an 8-pack for not that much more than this 4-pack and that's much less per tape, so I would buy those in future. Of course, the quality cannot compare with DVDs but not everything is important enough for a DVD. In other words, I might want to record a movie or something like Masterpiece Classic just to watch a second time and then, if I really like it, I can buy the DVD. These tapes also seem to work well for everyday re-recording. I have one at my office that has had perhaps a dozen passes or more and the quality of the video and audio is still good.
on March 22, 2015
Great tapes. I still use VHS, DVDs are NO GOOD. The device don't last long, bought 3. They stop playing and recording. A fake on the market to get rid of VHS, which is the best ever created. Records 3-2 hr. movies, can record up to 7 hrs on a 6 hr. tape. Just love, Never even thought to give it up for DVD, I bought a COMBO, and used both. DVD died long time ago, I used the VHS and buy the tapes to keep me going.

A Happy recorder. The industry tricks us into giving up our good stuff for cheap stuff to make more money. They new that the DVDs were no good and you would have to keep buying them over and over...their profit on you buying them over and over. I stopped. You ought to pull out that old recorder you had that is still good and buy some tapes and start using it again.
on November 11, 2013
These are great for everyday use. They are reasonably priced so you can give these away.
You can record over these up to 3 times without noting any noise on the recording even
at the SLP mode.Great quality at a decent price.
on January 6, 2016
have used 3 tapes and I hate when you pay more now days for the tapes and at least one of them mess up in the machine and cant be used I know it's the tape because all the rest work maybe the tapes need to be made better so they work right this is not the only time this has happened I get lots of tapes and the 8 hr ones work a lot better but most times cost way to much. I like taping shows so I have them to watch later my dvr can't hold that many shows so it would b nice if all the tapes worked some times they will tape one show then mess up so you can't watch the show again so please have some pride in your product and have better control of what you put out it does not seem to mater the price with the workmanship i have payed more for the tapes and the are still bad ones in the pack
on November 3, 2016
After using it several times it would stop in the middle of a recording. It would make a squeaking sound then my VCR would just stop. When I turned it back on it would eject automatically. At first I thought that it was 1 defective tape out of the pack but they all started doing it after a while. I'm gonna but a different brand next time.
on June 13, 2015
What is there to not like? I keep old VHS tapes to use in my more vintage recorder. Some of my tapes were so worn they started to drag and could have destructed inside the player. I like these because they also only had one outside plastic wrapping and I don't have to fight with individual wrappings for each tape. Six hours using SLP (speed) is perfect for my use. Never had any trouble with Maxell.
on March 11, 2013
Years ago I would be able to buy VHS tapes in just about every store. Not they are harder to find, and when you do find them they are expensive. Here I was able to buy VHS tapes for under $2. Not only did I find my type of VHS tapes, but found other types as well such as PRO tapes, etc... I plan on purchasing other types of cassettes in the near future, only because it is affordable and convenient to buy. I also like the fact that they are delivered to your home at no extra cost. I highly recommend buying VHS tapes here, I have purchased over 50 tapes so far and all recorded perfectly.
on October 13, 2015
Although VHS is outdated and not really the way to go, I still like to use it for fast recordings. I did not like these tapes as well as some others that I have purchased. Only a couple of times using them to record and the quality of the recordings is very poor, even at standard play. I will probably not purchase them again if I have a choice.
on October 20, 2015
I had problems with these tapes. It appears that they are slightly warped or something, like they have been kept in a hot warehouse for a while. When you attempt to rewind them, they will not rewind all of the way back to the beginning of tape (BOT), but will stop at a point that is 30 to 45 minutes before BOT. The VCR will shut off. When the VCR is turned on again, the VCR tape will then eject. I finally cut 30 minutes off of the front of a couple of tapes, which seemed to help, but I believe these tapes are still defective. They appear slightly wavy along the edges when you look at the edge where the tape stopped.
on August 26, 2017
Awesome tapes ... use them for work ... I like them better than CD's because you can record tons of information being that there is no hard drive transfer crap , etc. , all time consuming.
review image