Maxi-Cosi Priori Convertible Car Seat, Total Black
- Rear facing: 5-35lbs, forward facing: 22-40lbs, 4 Independent recline positions, Harness holders, EPP foam, Vehicle belt lock-offs for easier installation
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
Lets do the pros first, Ok admit it every one, it is such a stylish and fun looking car seat! It is compact and weighs much less than most of those monstrosities out there (except the combi cocorro new seat) It latches with ease to the latch system. Unlike what some reviews claim, the cover is easily removed and machine wash safe and re-installing it is a breeze. My son loved the recline position and his cute big head never dangles forward like a rag doll! Now last and MOST IMPORTANT it is really really (and I mean REALLY) Safe and sturdy! we actually and sadly put it to the test! We had a BMW 3 series and got rear ended (we were at full stop at a stop sign) by a Ford F450 truck going at 45 miles per hours (and he never stopped! yes an F450, didnt know they made 450's!)but thanks to the wonderful german engeneering and the amazing Maxi-Cozi the car was polvorized but my son got out with not even a scratch (obviously he was in the back seat). SO to answer every parent's main question YES IT IS VERY SAFE AND STURDY!
Cons; I have to say this is frustrating and the only reason I did not give it a five, the belt buckle is very short, dont know why they made it this way. It gets tricky to get your child in the seat with the winter gear on, honestly in summer it is no problem at all. ANother con, but really not a big of a deal, the blets twist a lot.
So in a nut shell,
pros: safe, sturdy, washable, compact, reclining and comfy, cool colors
Cons: short bottom buckle, magicly twisting belts
I do recomend it and I am actually buying a new one too! (you have got to change car seats after a major crash)
The Priori is nice and has the latch system which is wonderful but the safety harness twists easily, the crotch pad is tiny and just gets in the way, the buckle is not always easy to latch and getting the cover off to wash is a real pain... I pretty much had to take the whole darn thing apart.
On the upside it is a great size for compact cars, the color variety is fun and it has a cup holder to set the sippy cup in. All and all though I wish we had just gone with the smaller Britax (Roundabout or Diplomat).
1. Aesthetics. The colors choices are great and we loved the pumpkin. It looks sort of maroon in the pictures, but it's a cherry red with cantaloupe accents.
2. Fabric. The fabric is very durable and washes nicely. We also like the softness of the accent fabric. It's kind of suede-like, which is nice when our son falls asleep and rests his face against it.
3. Size. Fits perfectly in our Honda CR-V, rear-facing and forward-facing.
4. Comfort. Plush enough for long car rides. The recline options are great.
5. Easy to Install. I know other customers have complained about confusing instructions, but I didn't find them hard at all. It's pretty straight-forward and only took me about 10 minutes. I used the LATCH system, rear-facing.
1. Not Attachable to a Stroller. We have the Quinny Zapp that we used with our Cabrio, and with a sleeping infant, it is really great to be able to just attach the carseat to the stroller without having to transfer them. You can't do that with this one, obviously.
2. Price. I just have to say this about all car seats. I think it's such a racket how much we are charged for baby safety equipment. $200 for everything! Eek.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I wish I were having more kids just so I could use this car seat. I love the way it reclined!! SO easy! Read morePublished 21 months ago by Stacy Vance
Literally, my hands are bloodied; we need to use the should belts in the back seat of our car. The hole into which one slips the belt through the baby seat is rough, and getting... Read morePublished on May 25, 2014 by deez
We bought this for my son when he outgrew his infant car seat. We had a chicco and loved it, but decided to try something new. Read morePublished on January 13, 2014 by Melinda Riley
We bought this for our 10 month old and used it rear facing until she was almost 2years old. Then we turned it around and used it forward facing until she was 4.5! Read morePublished on August 24, 2013 by Jennifer L. Cooper
We use the European Maxi cosi with both kids since day 1, and always where extrimly pleased with the ease of use and the safety. Read morePublished on April 18, 2012 by Jennie
Our son is five months old and already weighs 23 lbs. Needless to say, even though he technically hadn't outgrown his infant carrier, he was miserable in it and it was way too... Read morePublished on March 13, 2012 by Z
We bought this seat based on excellent reviews, good price, and the hope that it would fit into our small car.
The reasons I like this carseat:
1. Read more
We bought this when my daughter was 9 months. She has always been long and skinny. The seat performed great rear facing. It is comfy and she sleeps great in in. Read morePublished on January 12, 2012 by Mom2Kiddos
We LOVE this car seat. We've had this car seat for 2+ years.
My kid falls asleep in the car every day. Read more