Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 822 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 908 reviews
on February 28, 2014
I am shocked at how well it works because it was so inexpensive. I've recently started a fitness program and have been doing a lot of research on smoothies and fruit/vegetable juices and wanted to replace breakfasts with smoothies for my family, but I just can't afford to spend the money on a Nutribullet or something similar right now. I was a bit weary about buying something so inexpensive because I assumed there was no way it could actually work. Since this arrived, my family of five has made several smoothies, coffee drinks, and milkshakes. I was amazed at how well it handled ice, frozen fruit and leafy vegetables. I will say that it does leave the seeds and small bits of vegetable (for example, the skins of grapes or kale leaves don't completely pulverize), which I do remember the Nutribullet promising it wouldn't do. But for $23 versus well over $100, I will happily swallow a few kale bits without complaint. In all honesty, even if this thing breaks in a month, I feel like I definitely got my money's worth and wouldn't be upset since it has already paid for itself and then some. I plan on purchasing another set to have the extra cups. While I would have loved to purchase the Nutribullet or another higher quality blender, I am absolutely glad I chose the cheaper purchase--not only was the Nutribullet way too expensive for me right now, but this one actually seems great so far and I have no complaints.
on July 3, 2016
I have owned two of these units... The first one is a couple years old and with no issues, I just gave it to a relative. This second one is dead exactly 30 days after purchase. Only used it about 10 times since I bought it, but even thought the price is relatively low compared to similar products, my average cost per use is not worth it this time around. I won't be purchasing again as I am guessing that the manufacture has changed to substandard builds in the past couple years. Best of luck if you decide to purchase one for yourself.
on January 16, 2016
My husband bought us one of these back in 2009 and I used it religiously almost daily for 6 years. Even now the original base is going strong, and I have 3 of the cups. But the cups wear out, and I lose a few of the lids. Just regular use and leaving lids in cars/gym etc. Dropped one cup on the floor too SO I bought another, and I'm just as happy!

This set just cannot be beat for the price. As much as I'd love a nutribullet etc I don't see the point when this MaxiMatic has more stuff for a much lower price. And honestly I think the cups/lids are better designed.

I use this at least 4x a week for post workout shakes. Sometimes just with protein powder, but most often with a banana, coconut water and frozen blueberries. It says not to use it with ice and it definitely does struggle with big frozen fruits (big strawberries) but smaller fruits like blueberries or chunks of fruit have been fine! I have also used it with crushed ice and it's fine too.

Another use I found for these is making my own salad dressings. The little cup is perfect for that! Oh and chopping nuts too! Great for adding chopped nuts to cereal etc. I will say I've only used the flat blade once in 6 years and not really sure what that's for? lol. The cross blade attachment works great for everything!

Honestly I've been using this brand since 2009 and never had a problem. I see from the reviews a few others have had issues but hands down this has been the best blender I've had. Definitely recommend. Plus PRIME shipping makes returns easy!
on November 15, 2015
I've had this product for about a month now and the mixer blade base seal is failing and it's beginning to leak into the motor. Several years ago I bought the same product and it worked perfectly for a long time. In fact it's still working but mixer blade base broke and I decided to buy a new one. It's pretty clear that the commitment to producing a quality product was set aside in the search for a fast buck. They have found a way to save money on production and in the process created an inferior product. You can't cut corners on major working components without creating a piece of junk. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS CRAP
on March 22, 2017
Used it once. Box was plain, it didn't cut up the almonds all the way. Lid flap touches my nose while drinking, I was afraid to force it open more not knowing it if would break. Works fine so far but I bought this because the description says dishwasher safe and while reading the booklet it said do not put in dishwasher (this was of course, after I already washed everything in prep to use it this morning.) Only time will tell how it holds up.
on June 25, 2014
I was going to buy the magic bullet, but then saw all of the reviews saying how it broke after a short amount of time. I figured since this item was cheaper, I might as well try it. My fiance and I use it about twice a week and we have owned it for about six months.

What I love:
-The Price
- It comes with a great amount of cups and lids
- It comes with two types of blades
- It has lasted six months with no issues!
- the cups are a perfect size so everyone can make the smoothie they want, then add the drinking lid to it and take it on the go.

What I do not love:
- You can't really chop big solid pieces of ice. We purchased smaller ice cube trays and it is able to chop this ice very well.

BTW: My sister purchased the Magic Bullet and says that she loves my blender better. Those "As Seen on TV" items are never as good as they make it out to be.
on December 1, 2012
I bought this item as a trial to see if I would really get into smoothy making and if i will stick to it so i bought one of the cheaper brands of this style blender verses the magic bullet and the Nutri-Bullet which cost much more. It is a good smoothy maker, it comes with the 4 tall cups, 1 short cup, 1 blending head, 1 grinding head, and of course the motor base. It also comes with foam grips that go around the cups but if you ask me they are useless unless the glass is wet you cant them on or off, and at the same time you don't want to leave them on there all the time and risk things such as water and juice getting under it and possibly start molding or whatever. So i took them off and they have not gone back on since. For the price this is a good blender but it is still a cheaper blender and I don't see it lasting several years like some of the other higher end blenders would. So if you are looking for a long lasting blender I would look at some other ones, but if you are just looking for one for a trial basis to see if you would use it a lot then this is perfect.
on January 19, 2017
i'm glad i got this maximatic, it does exactly what it says, you get five large cups and one small one i use it for protein drinks for our family, but i use it to whip eggs for omlets but it's great for smoothies, the only thing thats not so good about it is that the cups are hard to clean if food is dried on. they have grooves inside as well as outside, so i fill them with water right after use and rinse the blade. buy a bottle brush for these.
on May 27, 2017
I bought this a little over a month ago, and it broke! Just out of nowhere! Stopped working! All I've been making is smoothies, makes no sense!!! Awful!
on December 17, 2013
I read up on all the latest small blenders, and had planned to get the Nutri-Bullet since they are so popular. After reading pages of reviews, I had mixed feelings since so many people had complaints.
For the price, I chose this one by Maximatic, since it would suffice as my "tester model", just to introduce me to a personal blender.
It has been super! Not once have I had a mess from leakage, and the drinks come out very well blended within a very short time.
I make mine with frozen chunks of fruit (or fresh), and just make sure there is plenty of filtered water each time.
The foam padding around the cup is very nice to have, because it is winter now, and my fingers freeze from the cold drinks! I usually add fresh Kale from my garden, or cabbage, and the drinks have been perfectly blended each time.
I like that this blender has an actual switch to turn on/off as I am blending my healthy drinks.
The cups that come with it are wide enough that they are a snap to clean. It says on the directions to NOT dishwasher machine them, so I will definitely not take that chance since others have mentioned a plastic seam issue, which I have not encountered any problem with to date, but am not willing to take the chance!
For a very inexpensive personal blender this one is just great. It has a good sized motor and so far has not left any chunks of frozen fruit, so I just pulse mine until it appears to be done, and have been really satisfied with this little guy.
It takes up almost no space on your counter, in case you have very limited room. My husband actually thought I had bought a new coffee grinder, as it is about that size!
I am very pleased with my MaxiMatic and would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to make small drinks. They definitely are small though, so if you want a large cup, this is not for you.