Spring Deals Automotive HPC Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on July 16, 2017
EDIT: Elite has responded to this review -- you should check it out (in the comments below). Their commentary is, to me, proof this is not a company to which one would give their money. It purportedly comes from "customer service," but this response of theirs is neither customer oriented nor service oriented. It's puerile at best imo.

I've owned the Magic Bullet (before they rebranded it as The Nutribullet) and the Big Boss Blender (the original and the crappy Emson remake). These single-serve blenders tend to last about 5 years, no matter how careful you are with them.

This one is utter garbage. The plastic, while BPA free, seems to be the crappiest, softest plastic of any of these blenders. Most of these blenders work by pressing the cup down, turning it so it locks into place, which makes the mechanism spin to blend your drink or whatever. This one does the same but it's harder to lock into place...and every time you take it out, it just sounds like it's breaking -- b/c it's so cheaply made. While locking it into place, you then press the button on the front, which doesn't seem to work very well -- it too feels broken b/c it's so cheaply made. Plus I have to keep pressing it again and again, it doesn't seem to stay pressed, even when you've not moved your thumb or finger off of it.

Don't worry, it gets worse: The shape of the blade, or of the cups, isn't very good either. So far, anything I've blended, I've had to take the cup off, twist the blade off, mix it around, and put it back. Sometimes twice.

Also, the cord is only about 2 feet long, which is REALLY frustrating.

It's garbage and it's going back.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 13, 2013
I'm testing the product and so far so go it minced my garlic and ginger great. I then tried a smoothie in which the lid did not go correctly which I did not notice so when it was blending it was leaking everywhere. Also one of the bottoms of the cup is half broken, but with it having so many cups I don't think that gonna matter. I probably won't use all the cups anyway. I have almost decided it not really what I need I was wanting something for smoothies and small chopping jobs, but u can't or should not add ice since it won't crush it. I think I just need a grinder and will stay with my blender.
on January 11, 2014
I got to use this to make two smoothies before it quit working. As soon as I touched it, it was clear that it was very cheaply made; even lower quality than the price reflects.

The two smoothies I was able to get out of it were blended acceptably, but nothing special. No different than a low quality regular blender. The only benefit was the individual cups. But, alas, this piece of junk didn't even last long enough to fill up the cups it came with.

Absolutely would not recommend it.
on October 11, 2012
Update: blending twice a day burned out the motor within 60 days and any regular blender will double the quantity so that's what we use. But we didn't return it because the cups are awesome.

Hassle free purchase. Can't believe how many cups you get for the price. Just needed the base and one of the cups so far (one Month). I will bring the others as needed when this one wears out.The blades will not dull as I am only expecting it to blend. MaxiMatic EPB-1800 Elite Cuisine 300-Watt 17-Piece Personal Drink Blender, Black
on December 11, 2013
Sent it back after 30 days. It sounded funny from the moment I plugged it in. I didn't notice it at first, but someone sitting in another room, asked me what in the world was I doing as the motor sounded horrible. I used it a couple more times until it started smelling like that burning plastic smell. I heard the horrible motor sound when I walked into another room and someone was using this. So, up close it didn't sound nearly as bad as it did from afar. But it sure did stink! RETURN!!!!
on June 25, 2012
recieved as a gift for my birthday. Within a week one of the blades fell apart. Returned for new one, within a few weeks the new one fell apart as well and main unit motor would not turn on. I hardly got to use this and I thought it was a great idea for the kids smoothies. It was great the few times I was able to use it. No reason it should have broke after a few uses. I am now stuck with this broken blender and can not even get a replacement as it is past the return policy time frame. VERY DISAPPOINTED! Just wanted a working blender, seller should replace it if keeps braking!!!!
on March 28, 2013
This is my first time trying a smoothie maker. I chose this one because it was reasonably priced. I didn't want to invest too much in on just in case I decided smoothies weren't my thing. LOL I LOVE THEM!!! I can mix veggies in and even get some down my grandson.
Last evening I made some avocado salsa! It was the bomb!!! This is a great little gadget for the price. The only draw back is it does not do well on ice. So I freeze my fruit and that keeps the smoothie nice and cold.
on May 12, 2014
My wife mainly uses this to make our young children food. The blender itself works fine, it's the plastic container cups that are the issue. We've hand-washed them since day one and they're still falling apart like toilet paper. They're brittle and cheaply made and wouldn't purchase these again nor would I recommend anyone else to purchase these until they fix the issue.

I don't know where they're getting them manufactured but I'd expect plastic for a blender to last longer than 8 weeks. Terrible quality.
on August 30, 2015
As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. I was looking for a small blender that wasn't $60+ and this MaxiMatic fit the bill. Unfortunately my unit was dead on arrival. Although the motor was non-functional, the rest of the kit seemed nice. I liked the secure lids for taking a smoothy on the go. Even with the nice accessories, I asked for my money back and will be looking for another brand.
on August 13, 2015
Great while it lasted. If you get this I would expect to only have it very temporarily. Either the motor in the blender is going to burn out and break or The little plastic bits and pieces are going to break from cleaning over and over again. And for whatever reason it has gray foam liners on each blender cup which seems nice at first but you can't really clean behind them and they're very snug on the cups. Doesn't really do well with blending nice although I can't remember if that was even a feature.