Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 820 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 908 reviews
on March 14, 2010
I have purchased three of these and I think I am going to purchase another. The last three still work. The first one was designed a little differently, more like the Magic Bullet. The last two are like the picture with the push button. The first I had gotten for my daughter when she moved out. Well she moved back in so I got to use it. I love it for protein shakes. Then I bought two more one for me and one for my sister. Well the son moved out so he got the oldest one. The daughter moved out so she got the one that was here that we were using. The third one was a gift to my sister. Now I don' have one here and I wanted to get away from the three tabs only because sometimes they are hard to slide in. After reading all the reviews I decided that for the price you cannot beat it. It comes with more blending cups than any of the others. Once you get used to using it, you will find out what works and what doesn't. The pulse button is great, just like a large blender you are not supposed to let it run nonstop. Unless the Magic Bullet has changed design you have to turn the whole cup and then turn to stop so hard to pulse. It also has the three tabs. I have used the Magic Bullet so this is from first hand experience.

Pros -
1. Price
2. 300 watt motor
3. Number of cups included
4. Pulse button
5. Customer Service at the company is really good.

Cons
1. Cups are probably not dishwasher safe. I have had some leak in the seam, so I stopped putting them in the dishwasher. I did contact the manufacturer and they did send me two replacement cups (including useless travel lids and gray rings) :) I just had to pay shipping $4.95. They did report the problem so maybe there will be a fix. I also thought it might be caused by the whole ice cubes pulsing against the sides.

Neutral
1. The gray rings, not sure what their purpose is. They are too small to insulate, I don't hold the cup at the top to drink. Don't really get it. Would rather see another cup or a refrigerator lid.

If you are using ice, you have to use a liquid. I don't really think it is loud. if you are crushing ice it will be loud no matter what blender you are using. You only blend for seconds, so no big deal to me.

Now that I have written a novel, I hope that it will help someone choose.
55 comments| 723 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2014
I am shocked at how well it works because it was so inexpensive. I've recently started a fitness program and have been doing a lot of research on smoothies and fruit/vegetable juices and wanted to replace breakfasts with smoothies for my family, but I just can't afford to spend the money on a Nutribullet or something similar right now. I was a bit weary about buying something so inexpensive because I assumed there was no way it could actually work. Since this arrived, my family of five has made several smoothies, coffee drinks, and milkshakes. I was amazed at how well it handled ice, frozen fruit and leafy vegetables. I will say that it does leave the seeds and small bits of vegetable (for example, the skins of grapes or kale leaves don't completely pulverize), which I do remember the Nutribullet promising it wouldn't do. But for $23 versus well over $100, I will happily swallow a few kale bits without complaint. In all honesty, even if this thing breaks in a month, I feel like I definitely got my money's worth and wouldn't be upset since it has already paid for itself and then some. I plan on purchasing another set to have the extra cups. While I would have loved to purchase the Nutribullet or another higher quality blender, I am absolutely glad I chose the cheaper purchase--not only was the Nutribullet way too expensive for me right now, but this one actually seems great so far and I have no complaints.
on July 3, 2016
I have owned two of these units... The first one is a couple years old and with no issues, I just gave it to a relative. This second one is dead exactly 30 days after purchase. Only used it about 10 times since I bought it, but even thought the price is relatively low compared to similar products, my average cost per use is not worth it this time around. I won't be purchasing again as I am guessing that the manufacture has changed to substandard builds in the past couple years. Best of luck if you decide to purchase one for yourself.
on January 16, 2016
My husband bought us one of these back in 2009 and I used it religiously almost daily for 6 years. Even now the original base is going strong, and I have 3 of the cups. But the cups wear out, and I lose a few of the lids. Just regular use and leaving lids in cars/gym etc. Dropped one cup on the floor too SO I bought another, and I'm just as happy!

This set just cannot be beat for the price. As much as I'd love a nutribullet etc I don't see the point when this MaxiMatic has more stuff for a much lower price. And honestly I think the cups/lids are better designed.

I use this at least 4x a week for post workout shakes. Sometimes just with protein powder, but most often with a banana, coconut water and frozen blueberries. It says not to use it with ice and it definitely does struggle with big frozen fruits (big strawberries) but smaller fruits like blueberries or chunks of fruit have been fine! I have also used it with crushed ice and it's fine too.

Another use I found for these is making my own salad dressings. The little cup is perfect for that! Oh and chopping nuts too! Great for adding chopped nuts to cereal etc. I will say I've only used the flat blade once in 6 years and not really sure what that's for? lol. The cross blade attachment works great for everything!

Honestly I've been using this brand since 2009 and never had a problem. I see from the reviews a few others have had issues but hands down this has been the best blender I've had. Definitely recommend. Plus PRIME shipping makes returns easy!
on May 29, 2017
So it works, and it works well. BUT the tabs break off the cups easily. I had a guest in my home that managed to break the tabs off of all the cups just because they weren't super careful when placing the cup on the base. I tried to find replacement cups, but had no luck. Contacted the manufacturer and received no reply about buying replacements. The poor design and customer service is enough for me to buy from another company. I don't like tossing electronics out after a few months.
on June 17, 2016
I have a magic bullet and wanted to get something similar for my dad because he was 87 and was having a hard time chewing his food with no teeth (dentures hurt his gums) Plan was to make the food into "baby food" for him. This was way less expensive with a stronger motor, and having a button made it easier to use instead of having to push down on it to make it work. Sadly my dad passed away before I was able to give it to him, So I kept it for myself, and actually like it better than the magic bullet. I use it daily to mix my psyllium husk drink.
on December 7, 2015
The packaging was good & also the blender is working well. But it makes a lot of noise (compared to mine earlier Magic Bullet).
I was disappointed to received a defective lip of one container. I couldn't upload the video but i have posted the pictures so that you can view that the sipper cover of the lip is not closing
review image review image review image
on November 15, 2015
I've had this product for about a month now and the mixer blade base seal is failing and it's beginning to leak into the motor. Several years ago I bought the same product and it worked perfectly for a long time. In fact it's still working but mixer blade base broke and I decided to buy a new one. It's pretty clear that the commitment to producing a quality product was set aside in the search for a fast buck. They have found a way to save money on production and in the process created an inferior product. You can't cut corners on major working components without creating a piece of junk. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS CRAP
on March 22, 2017
Used it once. Box was plain, it didn't cut up the almonds all the way. Lid flap touches my nose while drinking, I was afraid to force it open more not knowing it if would break. Works fine so far but I bought this because the description says dishwasher safe and while reading the booklet it said do not put in dishwasher (this was of course, after I already washed everything in prep to use it this morning.) Only time will tell how it holds up.
on June 25, 2014
I was going to buy the magic bullet, but then saw all of the reviews saying how it broke after a short amount of time. I figured since this item was cheaper, I might as well try it. My fiance and I use it about twice a week and we have owned it for about six months.

What I love:
-The Price
- It comes with a great amount of cups and lids
- It comes with two types of blades
- It has lasted six months with no issues!
- the cups are a perfect size so everyone can make the smoothie they want, then add the drinking lid to it and take it on the go.

What I do not love:
- You can't really chop big solid pieces of ice. We purchased smaller ice cube trays and it is able to chop this ice very well.

BTW: My sister purchased the Magic Bullet and says that she loves my blender better. Those "As Seen on TV" items are never as good as they make it out to be.