Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 796 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 880 reviews
on March 14, 2010
I have purchased three of these and I think I am going to purchase another. The last three still work. The first one was designed a little differently, more like the Magic Bullet. The last two are like the picture with the push button. The first I had gotten for my daughter when she moved out. Well she moved back in so I got to use it. I love it for protein shakes. Then I bought two more one for me and one for my sister. Well the son moved out so he got the oldest one. The daughter moved out so she got the one that was here that we were using. The third one was a gift to my sister. Now I don' have one here and I wanted to get away from the three tabs only because sometimes they are hard to slide in. After reading all the reviews I decided that for the price you cannot beat it. It comes with more blending cups than any of the others. Once you get used to using it, you will find out what works and what doesn't. The pulse button is great, just like a large blender you are not supposed to let it run nonstop. Unless the Magic Bullet has changed design you have to turn the whole cup and then turn to stop so hard to pulse. It also has the three tabs. I have used the Magic Bullet so this is from first hand experience.

Pros -
1. Price
2. 300 watt motor
3. Number of cups included
4. Pulse button
5. Customer Service at the company is really good.

Cons
1. Cups are probably not dishwasher safe. I have had some leak in the seam, so I stopped putting them in the dishwasher. I did contact the manufacturer and they did send me two replacement cups (including useless travel lids and gray rings) :) I just had to pay shipping $4.95. They did report the problem so maybe there will be a fix. I also thought it might be caused by the whole ice cubes pulsing against the sides.

Neutral
1. The gray rings, not sure what their purpose is. They are too small to insulate, I don't hold the cup at the top to drink. Don't really get it. Would rather see another cup or a refrigerator lid.

If you are using ice, you have to use a liquid. I don't really think it is loud. if you are crushing ice it will be loud no matter what blender you are using. You only blend for seconds, so no big deal to me.

Now that I have written a novel, I hope that it will help someone choose.
55 comments| 711 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2014
I am shocked at how well it works because it was so inexpensive. I've recently started a fitness program and have been doing a lot of research on smoothies and fruit/vegetable juices and wanted to replace breakfasts with smoothies for my family, but I just can't afford to spend the money on a Nutribullet or something similar right now. I was a bit weary about buying something so inexpensive because I assumed there was no way it could actually work. Since this arrived, my family of five has made several smoothies, coffee drinks, and milkshakes. I was amazed at how well it handled ice, frozen fruit and leafy vegetables. I will say that it does leave the seeds and small bits of vegetable (for example, the skins of grapes or kale leaves don't completely pulverize), which I do remember the Nutribullet promising it wouldn't do. But for $23 versus well over $100, I will happily swallow a few kale bits without complaint. In all honesty, even if this thing breaks in a month, I feel like I definitely got my money's worth and wouldn't be upset since it has already paid for itself and then some. I plan on purchasing another set to have the extra cups. While I would have loved to purchase the Nutribullet or another higher quality blender, I am absolutely glad I chose the cheaper purchase--not only was the Nutribullet way too expensive for me right now, but this one actually seems great so far and I have no complaints.
on January 22, 2016
Luck of the draw with this blender. I bought my first one at Big Lots for around $15. It lasted me for 8 years or so. The motor was still going strong but I had worn out all the cups so that they either looked real bad or were worn away at the lip so they didn't fit the base tightly anymore and leaked. I also ruined one or two in the dishwasher till I figured out they weren't dishwasher safe. I loved the small cup and the flat blade combo for quick small batches of salad dressing and dips but it also ground almonds and seeds really well. The larger cups made great smoothies every time, quick and easy and the clean up was a snap. So I ordered another, despite the less than stellar reviews here. I sent it back immediately. The first time i turned it on I knew the motor was defective. It made a lot more noise than my first one, and it smelled of something burning. I'm so disappointed because I loved this blender. Not sure what to replace it with now, but I'm hesitant to buy another. The first one I bought would get 5 stars despite the spouts on the lids (they leak) and the cups not being dishwasher safe. It was such a great value. The new one I returned gets a single star. This 3 star review is an average of the 2.
on April 5, 2016
Just for a simple smoothie and nothing else. AND DO NOT LOSE A BLENDER BLADE! Why? The Elite website does NOT carry replacement blade attachments like the Nutri bullet or the Ninja or really any other personal drink blender. I lost one blade attachment but I can still make a decent smoothie with the flat blade. Makes Great smoothies and will smooth up fresh spinach leaves(cut off the stems) added to protein powder and almond milk and frozen fruit. Do not ask this 300 watt blender to do much more than puree cooked foods for fresh baby food or simple smoothies. The cups are really small, so you can't stuff it full of frozen or fresh fruit, but it is ok for small batches. I think this is great for a college student and if it breaks, you have not spent a fortune on an expensive blender. Do not overwork this-mine has lasted a couple years so far with minimum use.
on April 12, 2015
I bought this baby on June 16, 2013 and it still rock!!! I use it every other day and sometimes 2-3 times a day and it still works like new... The cups have suffer heavy damage, but have been all my fault... I do frappes, soups, protein shakes, oil-garlic mix, vinaigrettes, etc. What I have not tried yet is hummus, coming soon... Don't pay for more, when this works perfectly!!!
on January 16, 2016
My husband bought us one of these back in 2009 and I used it religiously almost daily for 6 years. Even now the original base is going strong, and I have 3 of the cups. But the cups wear out, and I lose a few of the lids. Just regular use and leaving lids in cars/gym etc. Dropped one cup on the floor too SO I bought another, and I'm just as happy!

This set just cannot be beat for the price. As much as I'd love a nutribullet etc I don't see the point when this MaxiMatic has more stuff for a much lower price. And honestly I think the cups/lids are better designed.

I use this at least 4x a week for post workout shakes. Sometimes just with protein powder, but most often with a banana, coconut water and frozen blueberries. It says not to use it with ice and it definitely does struggle with big frozen fruits (big strawberries) but smaller fruits like blueberries or chunks of fruit have been fine! I have also used it with crushed ice and it's fine too.

Another use I found for these is making my own salad dressings. The little cup is perfect for that! Oh and chopping nuts too! Great for adding chopped nuts to cereal etc. I will say I've only used the flat blade once in 6 years and not really sure what that's for? lol. The cross blade attachment works great for everything!

Honestly I've been using this brand since 2009 and never had a problem. I see from the reviews a few others have had issues but hands down this has been the best blender I've had. Definitely recommend. Plus PRIME shipping makes returns easy!
on August 24, 2013
Follow directions and pre-cut your fruits before freezing and if using ice only use crushed ice. We buy yogurt in the large containers and divide into baggies, then freeze. Also freeze the berries in single serve baggies. This makes it very easy to throw it all into the glass, add liquid and blend. It takes more liquid than you think as this turns icy, but can easily add more liquid. Practice makes perfect.

Easy to clean if you do it right away. Hot tap water into cup, a squirt of dishsoap, put the chopper cover back on and shake. Rinse and set on towel to dry.

The only things I would suggest be changed -
Remove the stems from the cups. It serves no purpose and it anything is going to break, this will likely be it. Others comment about the grey foam ring, I think this is to keep your hands from getting cold when hanging onto the cup. It would serve a better purpose if it was made of thin rubber and grippy to help when twisting the cup off the base. This would then rate as handicap enabled for those with arthritic hands - a whole new market and probably grant money available!
on January 21, 2015
This appliance comes with a great number of cups and lids which are very nice. It also comes with two blades. Overall, it's a very nice kit and good value for money. However, the reason why I give it 3 stars is that the cups don't stay in the locked position, which is a must for the blades to actually work. When you attach a blade to a cup and insert it into the blender you must ensure that it goes into the right slots and then you must press on it and turn it so that it locks and the machine is able to work. If you don't hold the jar in place and keep it down and locked, it becomes unlocked with the vibration and the blending stops, requiring further pressing and locking and keeping the jar from moving. This makes it difficult to operate. If you press too hard to prevent the jar from unlocking, you get the feeling that you're overworking the blender's motor, which may eventually cause it to burn out. Also, the blades are not very sharp so, after blending strawberries, I ended up with lots of whole bits inside my smoothie.
on December 17, 2013
I read up on all the latest small blenders, and had planned to get the Nutri-Bullet since they are so popular. After reading pages of reviews, I had mixed feelings since so many people had complaints.
For the price, I chose this one by Maximatic, since it would suffice as my "tester model", just to introduce me to a personal blender.
It has been super! Not once have I had a mess from leakage, and the drinks come out very well blended within a very short time.
I make mine with frozen chunks of fruit (or fresh), and just make sure there is plenty of filtered water each time.
The foam padding around the cup is very nice to have, because it is winter now, and my fingers freeze from the cold drinks! I usually add fresh Kale from my garden, or cabbage, and the drinks have been perfectly blended each time.
I like that this blender has an actual switch to turn on/off as I am blending my healthy drinks.
The cups that come with it are wide enough that they are a snap to clean. It says on the directions to NOT dishwasher machine them, so I will definitely not take that chance since others have mentioned a plastic seam issue, which I have not encountered any problem with to date, but am not willing to take the chance!
For a very inexpensive personal blender this one is just great. It has a good sized motor and so far has not left any chunks of frozen fruit, so I just pulse mine until it appears to be done, and have been really satisfied with this little guy.
It takes up almost no space on your counter, in case you have very limited room. My husband actually thought I had bought a new coffee grinder, as it is about that size!
I am very pleased with my MaxiMatic and would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to make small drinks. They definitely are small though, so if you want a large cup, this is not for you.
on December 1, 2012
I bought this item as a trial to see if I would really get into smoothy making and if i will stick to it so i bought one of the cheaper brands of this style blender verses the magic bullet and the Nutri-Bullet which cost much more. It is a good smoothy maker, it comes with the 4 tall cups, 1 short cup, 1 blending head, 1 grinding head, and of course the motor base. It also comes with foam grips that go around the cups but if you ask me they are useless unless the glass is wet you cant them on or off, and at the same time you don't want to leave them on there all the time and risk things such as water and juice getting under it and possibly start molding or whatever. So i took them off and they have not gone back on since. For the price this is a good blender but it is still a cheaper blender and I don't see it lasting several years like some of the other higher end blenders would. So if you are looking for a long lasting blender I would look at some other ones, but if you are just looking for one for a trial basis to see if you would use it a lot then this is perfect.