Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 29, 2016
I have been wanting to get a mini crock pot specifically for dips!
This definitely fits the bill. I've enclosed some pics in comparison to other items so you can really see the size.
Love that it has a temp controller with 4 settings....off / low / high / warm.
If you're looking for a great and even 'stylish' way to heat/warm your dips, this mini crock is for you!!!
review image
0Comment| 283 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 25, 2016
Works great! We mainly use it for oatmeal. Add cool water and steel cut oats the night before, leave it on "Warm" overnight, then awaken to breakfast. Makes enough oatmeal for four big portions.
55 comments| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2014
Don't you just love it when you order something you want and it meets all your expectations? As the size of my household shrank, I missed crockpot cooking until I found this gem. I am delighted with both the looks.and the performance of this crockpot.
0Comment| 156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2016
This is a sweet little slow-cooker. After reading some of the reviews, I was dubious, but went ahead.

I enthusiastically recommend reading the insert before you start to use it. "When all else fails, read the directions".

Seriously, this was a great purchase. It is a well - made product. The product insert was instructive and thorough. Usually I forgo this part of the process, but was quite glad I did. Most of the problems people complained about were avoided by the insert directions.

The dial is simple and mechanical and actually has an "off" position. The lid is a little bit small, but it is designed to be a little small. I found no problem with boil-over as long as I followed the directions and did not overfill the insert. Even the few spills that occurred were no problem due to the lip of the cooker itself, which wraps around and does not allow liquid to enter the heating surface.

There was a slight chemical smell the first time I used the product, but apparently this is a coating on the heating element to protect it during shipping.

The insert is a kiln-fired ceramic and while sturdy, is light enough for me to deal with. It easily can be put in the sink to soak with water in it (I put it on a raised sink strainer to protect the bottom) and it washes up like a dream.

The cooking instructions that came along (no, not a cook book) made it easy to begin with this and cooking with this sweet little cooker is an enjoyable experience.

At 1.5 quarts, it is the perfect size for me, and I am on my 3rd recipe - corn chowder for this rainy day.

Update: a few months post-purchase and the cooker is going strong. It gets used 2 - 3 times a week for various recipes and I am very pleased with the purchase.
on October 21, 2017
I LOVE it! It is so cute and stylish!

I needed a small capacity Crock-Pot because the big ones make way too much food. We just don't have space in the fridge for all of the leftovers and we get tired of eating the same thing all week, frankly. This says it's for 2-3 people, but really there's enough for 4; It holds 2 quarts (8cups) which is perfect for our needs. I wanted one that had the low, high, and warm feature (so many have low/high only, and I've found some that have no variable settings-plug and play only). I wanted oval, not round, because it better accommodates weird shapes. It's light weight and compact. Easily transportable.

My only complaint with Elite is that I ordered 2, and BOTH arrived with imperfections in the ceramic. Also, they didn't do a clean job of welding the band around the lid. The lid is holding the moisture in though, and the imperfection in the ceramic on this unit is on the outside, so I'm not sending it back.

Wish list: make this unit smart/programmable. Rival makes one that can be controlled through an app. I WANT that feature, but n a small unit. No one is offering any technology in a 2 quart unit. I feel like there is a market for this. There are TONS of cookbooks for 2(4) out here on Amazon.

Super wish list: I think it would be awesome if someone would make a unit that doubles as a refrigerator so that the food will stay cold until I'm ready to cook.

Most recipes online are for the seven quart unit. I usually divide these recipes by 3 or 4, with good results. Pots need to be about 2/3 full for optimal results, so aim for six cups ;)
on December 5, 2016
At the first time cooking. So sad. If I wanna change another one, do I need to pay for shipping fee?
review image review image
33 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2017
I use it to melt wax for my bicycle chain. It's plenty good enough for that. Not sure about cooking a cornbeef. But given the diminutive size of the pot, I suspect it's good enough for the half pound meat that would fit in there.
on September 19, 2016
We use this for oatmeal. Start it at night on low and it is perfect in the morning. Great small size for small servings.
on May 28, 2016
Nice little slow cooker - perfect for my life as a single. I mainly use it for porridge to be ready in the morning before heading out to work. I'm happy with this.
on April 5, 2017
I use this often .Perfect size for me and a guest,Don't have to use the Big one..and has more dials then my big one