Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Wonderstruck PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 30, 2014
I have had another 8 quart manufactured by a popular name in crocks and let me say this one is far superior. My previous had the digital timer and automatically went to warm, which seemed like a great idea except the actual crock did not get hot enough. I would cook a roast for 11 hours, switching to high when I was home and the carrots would still be hard at the end. Not so with this crock. It cooks WONDERFULLY! I like that when I turn it on, it stays on until I can get back to turn it off. Plus, if the power goes out, when it comes back on, the pot starts cooking again. I can feed my family of 7 a nutritious meal when I get home after a long day at work. It's great. Another thing I love about this crock is that the cord is longer than my last one, which helps with where I have to plug this in I can ensure there is plenty of space around the pot. All in all, total five stars. The digital temperature control on my old crock went out, leaving me no choice but to get a new pot, best thing that ever happened. I highly recommend this crockpot.
0Comment| 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2014
After owning this unit for about 4 months, I can tell you that this is the largest unit you will ever need. We bought it to complement our 1st high end but smaller cooker ( 6 quart Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker ) This one is way simpler, only one knob with 3 position, plain vanila, but you cannot beat it with the volume of food you can cook in it. As my wife said: you can stick the whole pig in it and have it ready in 2-3 hours. For a family of 5 with teenagers, 6 quart was enough for just 1 meal and little left overs. This monster can feed us for 2-3 days and flavor is excellent. Easy to clean as the stone inserts removes easily. If you have a larger family, this model will give you what you need, trust me.
0Comment| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2014
I've owned this slow cooker for about a month now and have used it numerous times. It's got plenty of capacity inside to cook almost anything that you want. I've done a whole large chicken, a small turkey, and a pretty good sized ham. No problems so far with anything that I've cooked in it. I've had no problems with it being too hot - no scorching or stuck food. The red light warning you that the cooker is on is a great feature. I like how easily the entire unit cleans up, both the crock itself and the aluminum exterior pretty much just wipe clean. I also like that the exterior is so lightweight. I stow my slow cooker on a high shelf in the pantry, and since the interior crockery part in all slow cookers is so heavy (and this is a LARGE cooker) this makes it easier for me to put it up on the shelf. The price was extremely good after comparing it with others of a similar size. All you have to do is cut up a few ingredients, throw them into the pot, turn it onto the high or low setting, and then come back later in the day, turn it off and eat a great meal. No watching the pot and stirring! Plus you can keep it warm in the pot. No mess. Little clean up. Good food. This is one of the better buys that I've made.
33 comments| 143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2014
Finally a slow cooker that will allow me to put in a frozen pork loin without having to hack through the end to make it fit! I still wish I could have found a 10 - 12 quart one so I could be more generous when making Gumbo but I can manage with the 8.5 qt. The 7 qt one I already have was not cutting it. I have used it just once so far, for a pork loin, and it cooked it beautifully.
11 comment| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2017
I LOVE the size of this "slow" cooker! My only complaint is that the temps seem to be higher than I'm used to. Keep in mind I am replacing a 20 year old model so I think this may be the norm now. I highly recommend this one for large families or anyone cooking for multiple days.
on April 2, 2017
I LOVE this crockpot. With a family of 6 the size is great! I have tried many different ones and I have to say that so far this one has been the best. High, Low, Warm feature is perfect! My last one was a digital one with many different confusing options, I love the simplicity of this one much better!
on June 6, 2016
This crockpot is huge! I bought it for making 24 hour bone broth with chickens. At first I thought that even on low that the temperature was too high because of how it simmered rather aggressively. But the broth really gels which is an indication that it didn't get too hot or overcooked.
on November 21, 2016
Nice, big crock. Temperature control seems to work well and I love all of the room in the crock. My old one held only about 2/3 of the amount as this one. Very happy with my purchase.
on March 30, 2017
Am very happy with this large crock pot.This is just what I had been looking for.Can now have room for a large roast with the added vegetables .The outside does get hot but I don't have small children.I just make sure it is away from edge of counter.Very easy to clean.
on April 30, 2016
I *LOVE* this slow cooker. It is large enough to do a pork loin roast AND still have room for the vegetables! I can't believe how reasonable it was and I love the color. The only downside was the first time I used, it there was a chemically smell for about an hour, but it was my fault for not wiping the basin out before I turned it on. My fault, not the product-but fair warning to you that choose to purchase this! Still 5 stars!