Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 305 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 626 reviews
on June 26, 2016
Maxim has went from the average everyday guy magazine to a rich and famous luxury magazine and now is rubbish. Let me explain.

I subscribed to maxim from near it start for years and years until I had to take a break due to some life issues. Maxim was the only magazine I could read from cover to cover and enjoy at least 99% of it. It was great information, interesting articles, cool gadgets a normal person could afford, and so much more. Maxim was like the holy grail of mens magazines, even a lot of women I knew loved it.

Fast forward to somewhere in the near past...

I resubscribed to maxim a few months ago excitedly awaiting my favorite reader ever to come back in to my life. I got the first issue and was like what in the hell is this crap... For instance, I just sat down to read the may issue. Usually an issue would take me a week to read as they are usually bathroom or before bed readers. I literally flipped through the entire issue in about 2 minutes, and that is being generous. The magazine went from amazing things I could afford to the "new look" of maxim. I do not think I could afford a single thing in this magazine now, well to be fair there was an ad for chewing tobacco but I would never use that anyways. The whole magazine is million dollar cars, thousand dollar champagnes, watches that are worth more than my life, etc. The articles have went from interesting to how rich this person is and the lavish lifestyle they lead. What used to be interesting articles on models and what they like to do have gone to pages of nice pictures, hardly any words, and empty articles.

I do not know when they decided to change, but the best magazine ever is now the most worthless magazine to be in print, well unless you are a millionaire, then it may peak your interest and desires.
on September 7, 2015
Cover page speaks for the whole issues. Over half the pages have only men in them. So the whole did they say beautiful women thing is bull $??? Compared to 18 pages with only women. I ordered Sept issue which had 173 Pages. So, if a was a homosexual I would be more likely to like this issue. Can't speak for the rest of the issues seeing as how I only purchase one issue to see what it was like. Glad I did because I don't need a years worth of magazines full of male models. I would rather watch zoolander for that. Which by the way i think is a very funny movie. If your gonna buy anyhow, i would recommend buying one issue first to see if you like it.
review image
on May 22, 2015
I used to enjoy this magazine because of the humor. Lots of funny articles, captions, and of course the caption contest itself. The snarky tone guaranteed several good laughs each month. Plus, there was at least one good content article. They are now two months into a new format and I don't like it. The humor is completely gone and instead we have a series of articles of varying interest. There are plenty of other places I can read a serious magazine, I don't need Maxim to be that source. Sorry to say I will not be continuing with this magazine after all these years.
on October 28, 2016
Maxim used to be the everyman magazine, filled with jokes, decent articles and quick tips on everything from how to throw a punch to the best way to cook a steak. This magazine I've received is so different from what I remembered. This is just a cheap version of playboy without the nudity
on January 22, 2017
The paper quality of the subscription edition is a joke. It's as thin as phone book paper. I suppose this is to save them money but it makes the magazine unreadable. DO NOT SUBSCRIBE just get the print edition
on March 22, 2016
I've been subscribed to Maxim for a while (and a roommate's copies before) and I like the mix of men's culture and hot chicks. For some reason though, like a lot of men's magazines, Maxim insists on putting gorgeous women in ridiculous outfits, too much makeup, or in weird poses that don't show off the models' beauty or physical assets. They should try to be less artsy and just give us photos of women that we'd want to tear out of the magazine and pin on the wall.
on May 10, 2017
This subscription was purchased as a gift and after 4 months no issues were received. Complained about it and after a couple weeks he received two issues in a row and since then nothing. The year subscription is now at an end and of the 10 issues that were paid for, we have still only received the two.
on January 2, 2017
Maxim is terrible. Not what I remember from their early days. I don't even bother to open the magazine anymore. Can't wait to stop getting these
on March 8, 2014
We fellas don't pin centrefolds on our walls any more (if we did we'd need some very large walls). For the average fella who'd like to peek a stare at pin-up worthy material, this is an excellent magazine. Letting an entertainer 'entertain you in HD' is really satisfying (beats staring hard into the paper version any day). You'll also realize that you can recognize most cover page girls, so, I guess you could call it a "legit" standard of quality.
Now for the not-so-fun part of the deal - Reading into the tiny print would require zooming into it, in which case, the images go out of sight. It'd certainly be more satisfying to be able to look at the person you're reading about simultaneously.
Maxim, in my opinion is written from the male point of view, unlike cosmopolitan, which seems more like a how-to manual for urban women. Go ahead and purchase one issue, it's worth about half an hour of your time...or maybe more.
on April 26, 2017
What a waste of time and money