Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Maximalpower NB7L Battery for Canon Powershot SX30 IS, G12, SX30IS, G11, G10, Cannon, CB-2LZ, fully decoded, 3 YR warrany
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on June 10, 2011
There are a few of this type of battery for sale here on Amzon, and I can't speak for the other ones, but the Maximal Power batteries have so far been outstanding.
I'm ALWAYS skeptical of off-brand products and I'm a firm believer in spending money for quality, but I bought two of these, charged them, and compared them to my Canon factory battery.
One of them only gave me about 80 pictures on the first charge, as opposed to the Canon giving me 200 per charge. The other one gave me almost 300 pictures on the first full charge. I typed that correctly and you read it correctly: 300 compared to Canon's 200.
I've since charged and used the 2 batteries 3 times each, and they consistently give me 200 pictures per charge, if not a little more. Fantastic little batteries at a fantastic price. 100% recommended.
on December 13, 2010
Charged the battery once, put it in my Canon SX30 is. I had previously use the included Canon battery for about 3 weeks and 50 or so pictures without a problem. After charging I put this Maximalpower in the camera to test it. After less than one week the battery was dead, I had taken less than a dozen pictures. I charged the battery for a second time and will test again. If the longevity is the same I will return the battery. Updated review 12/28/2010. Charged the battery the second time it has now lasted since December 12 without a problem. I have taken about 70 photos and the battery is still fully charged. It must have need a complete discharge and then a second full charge to work properly. I will update this review in a month or so to see if the capacity is still good. I would recommend this battery to a friend.
Last entry, the battery died last week after using it infrequently for less than 6 months and only charging it a dozen times or so. I guess for the price it's still not a bad deal, but a also need something that is dependable.
on July 9, 2009
Since buying this battery I have used both it and the Canon battery that came with the camera. This one lasted just as long and did just as well. It lasted about 3.5 weeks with moderate use. Great price, great battery.
on April 6, 2012
Like all of you I wanted a cheap aftermarket backup battery for my Canon G10. I looked at the reviews and they were pretty much divided. Some people loved it, others hated it. So it was obvious that they have no such thing as quality control. It's down to your luck. It either works or it doesn't. So to hedge my risk, I ordered two hoping one of them would work. Lo and behold, I got two lemons! They ask you to keep it plugged in for 10 hours before initial use. I did, the orange light comes on for 5 seconds, then the green comes on for another 10, and then the light goes off. Neither one held any charge at all. The camera wouldn't turn on at all. Tried it repeatedly in vain. So back they went.
Instead, I got the Wasabi Power NB-7L kit Wasabi Power Battery and Charger Kit for Canon NB-7L, PowerShot G10, G11, G12, SX30 IS. It's around 25$ but you get SO MUCH more. Two batteries (that work!), another charger, and a car battery plug. The packaging is so much better too.
Bottom line, if you're feeling VERY VERY lucky, and you don't need the battery urgently, you can gamble with a Maximal Power. If not, dish out a little extra money and get the Wasabi Power kit.
Hope this helps.
on August 26, 2012
I bought this on sale as an extra battery for my Canon G12 camera. It was absolutely worthless. It never charged with repeated attempts. It's just a piece of cheap junk. For the price, it wasn't worth returning. You get what you pay for, even on Amazon.
on September 23, 2011
This is the second time I have tried one of these off brand batteries (1st was for a different camera years ago) and it is the second time they have crapped out after a few months of moderate use. The last time I used this battery it was on charge for at least 12 hrs but never indicated it was charged, tried it in the camera and bingo it was dead! Put Canon battery in charger and "WahLah" it charged in two hrs and worked for several months in the camera. I did order another backup Canon battery regardless of the cost but I never had a problem with their brand of batteries! To top it off I missplaced this battery and cannot return it.
Maximalpower DB CAN NB7L Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery for Canon G10 Digital Cameras
on August 31, 2011
I purchased this battery to have as a back-up for a trip that I am taking next week. Unfortunately, the first one that Amazon sent to me came DOA (it would not take a charge at all); but upon filing a return request, they promptly shipped a replacement, which is working just fine so far.

The instructions on the package note that you may see the battery charge indicator switch from 'charging' to 'full' within a few minutes of plugging it in for the first charge. This did indeed happen, so since I can't imagine that it really came fully charged, it's worth noting that you may need to ignore the indicator (at least at first). I left it plugged in for 10 hours as instructed before trying it out and haven't had any problems.

I will update after I have used the battery for a longer period of time. At this point, it seems well worth giving this one a shot for $7 instead of paying $45-70 for an OEM battery.
on June 19, 2012
I purchased this battery along with an OEM Canon charger to replace a lost set for my Canon G12. I have Prime and I paid the additional one day shipping fee for both the battery and charger because I needed the camera for my daughters graduation 2 days later. The package arrived as expected but the battery would not charge at all. Placed in the charger, the 'charge' light would go on for 30 seconds then go off. The camera would not even power on. I went to Best Buy and paid nearly $40 for a generic battery as I needed it right away and it charged and worked fine (so the problem was not in the charger). I called Amazon and they credited me the cost of the battery plus shipping so they did the right thing. But I'm NOT happy about having to waste my time and gas hauling out to Best Buy and paying triple for a battery.
on September 22, 2012
Received the NB7L replacement battery and installed it in the Canon G10 charger. The instructions clearly state to charge the first time for at least 10 hours--and to ignore the full green light that comes on very quickly. Charged overnight--and the next day--absolutely nothing. Repeated the overnight charging sequence with still no results. Very disappointed.
on September 21, 2012
I received the battery and charged it up. The Canon charger indicated that it was fully charged. When I put it in my Canon G11 it didn't work. I tested it with my voltmeter and it only read 2.2 volts instead of 7.4. I have not sent it back to the vendor yet.
Arnie