Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 169 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 175 reviews
I bought these to use with an LED photo/video light. They work every bit as well as, and as long as, the batteries provided with the light. Very good life, and that's important, as I use the light in places with no convenient AC power. They store well, too, retaining a charge on the shelf. I believe these are a Sony "compatible" battery. I shudder to think what the brand name batteries cost! Good value here.
on April 5, 2014
After I received these I ran them through the tests to make sure first off they worked and second if they stood up to the regular SONY batteries I use for my Fotodiox lights. When you first open the packaging of these Maximalpower batteries, there is a small font section on the packaging that says you have to charge full, kill full 3-5 times for maximum efficiency. So I did this.

I ran it dead, I charged it full, I ran it dead, and charged it full - 5 times through this cycle. I have two Fotodiox lights starting at the same time on full power - just how I would be using them in the field. The regular batteries last almost 2 1/2 hours, the Maximalpower batteries last about 1 1/2 hours. While these will be fine for back ups to get those final few moments - it's pretty saddening considering the reviews on here talking them up so much.

I did this test with 2 separate Maximalpower batteries and 2 sony batteries. Again, can't complain since they are so much cheaper, but a good note to know in the field. Hope this helps
on February 10, 2013
This battery is a beast, it holds its own for a long time while I'm running my 160-LED light during night filming and inside dim buildings.
on August 3, 2012
First off just like to state that this is not an official Sony battery buy a off-brand replacement. For just a fraction of the price it works very well. Good value and great buy!
on April 7, 2014
An Info-lithium battery is required specifically for a Sony Mavica digital camera. Be sure to specify this if ordering for this particular camera as a regular lithium battery will not work. Shipper was very kind in replacing the battery at no charge when I notified him of the mistake. This battery works exceedingly well and I am very pleased with the battery and the price.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 11, 2015
Like most of the reviewers here, I use the Maximal F550 to power LED video lights. I own four of these batteries and they charge quickly and power my Yongnuo 312 LED for about 40 minutes and my Neewer 160 LED for about 90 minutes at 100% power. I picked the Maximal because they and STK were the only F550 type cells Amazon would ship to Hawaii. Other brands were "unavailable" due to hazardous materials shipping monkey shine.

The basic performance of the Maximal cells is fine if you charge and use them daily. However, they need to be topped off before a session if they sit more than a few days. They rapidly lose their charge and are dead in two or three weeks. In comparison, my STK F550 clone still shows a full charge after a month of sitting. The STK cost nearly twice as much so I suppose the Maximal and STK both gave me what I paid for. Next time I'll buy STK.
on April 1, 2014
I give these batteries 4-stars, because they are better than the cheaper versions. They seem to hold their charge longer and re-charge faster. I would like to caution anyone considering using these batteries four the Chromo 160 LED light, because although they worked they were loose and caused the light to flicker. I'm considering trying them on the Neewer light that in my opinion is a better light to see if they are more compatible. Maximalpower batteries would be my preferred replacement battery for the sony series camcorder battery.
Enthusiast: Photographyon April 26, 2013
So far, the 2 I bought are performing. I tried leaving them on my cn-160s on full power to test power duration after a full charge which took 3 to 4 hours each. They lasted roughly 1.5 to 2 hrs which is fine for what I need.
(full power , in my applications, is a little overkill so I'm expecting them to last slightly longer at lower settings which I will try soon enough.

I like that they have a 3 year warranty.
I will update my rating further down the line.
on February 8, 2014
I use this as a backup battery for an external field monitor. It doesn't last as long as its big brothers (like the NP-770), but the slim profile and light weight is a good trade off. For the price of a single, higher capacity battery, you can buy two of these and rotate them out, charging the off-battery.
on July 24, 2013
I was looking for a good battery to use with my CN-160 and my Lilliput monitor, and this one fit the bill just right. Lots of power and low profile. Compliments my gear nicely.