Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 5, 2014
After I received these I ran them through the tests to make sure first off they worked and second if they stood up to the regular SONY batteries I use for my Fotodiox lights. When you first open the packaging of these Maximalpower batteries, there is a small font section on the packaging that says you have to charge full, kill full 3-5 times for maximum efficiency. So I did this.

I ran it dead, I charged it full, I ran it dead, and charged it full - 5 times through this cycle. I have two Fotodiox lights starting at the same time on full power - just how I would be using them in the field. The regular batteries last almost 2 1/2 hours, the Maximalpower batteries last about 1 1/2 hours. While these will be fine for back ups to get those final few moments - it's pretty saddening considering the reviews on here talking them up so much.

I did this test with 2 separate Maximalpower batteries and 2 sony batteries. Again, can't complain since they are so much cheaper, but a good note to know in the field. Hope this helps
I bought these to use with an LED photo/video light. They work every bit as well as, and as long as, the batteries provided with the light. Very good life, and that's important, as I use the light in places with no convenient AC power. They store well, too, retaining a charge on the shelf. I believe these are a Sony "compatible" battery. I shudder to think what the brand name batteries cost! Good value here.
on March 12, 2014
I have purchased a few different generic versions of this battery through Amazon, and I would say this particular item seems to perform subpar.

I will say, neither battery was defective, but I can certainly tell one of the two certainly holds its power longer.

I use these batteries to power some 160pc LED video lights. One of the batteries seems to last only about an hour with the light one full, and the other maybe an hour and a half.

That being said, I took a chance one time and ordered one of the cheapest versions of this battery I could find, and I think paid 2.99 per battery, and they lasted up to 2-3 hours with the light on full power!?

Pretty solid construction, and takes about 3-4 hours to charge fully on one of the $7 generic chargers they sell here on Amazon.
on April 7, 2014
An Info-lithium battery is required specifically for a Sony Mavica digital camera. Be sure to specify this if ordering for this particular camera as a regular lithium battery will not work. Shipper was very kind in replacing the battery at no charge when I notified him of the mistake. This battery works exceedingly well and I am very pleased with the battery and the price.
Enthusiast: Photographyon April 26, 2013
So far, the 2 I bought are performing. I tried leaving them on my cn-160s on full power to test power duration after a full charge which took 3 to 4 hours each. They lasted roughly 1.5 to 2 hrs which is fine for what I need.
(full power , in my applications, is a little overkill so I'm expecting them to last slightly longer at lower settings which I will try soon enough.

I like that they have a 3 year warranty.
I will update my rating further down the line.
on April 1, 2014
I give these batteries 4-stars, because they are better than the cheaper versions. They seem to hold their charge longer and re-charge faster. I would like to caution anyone considering using these batteries four the Chromo 160 LED light, because although they worked they were loose and caused the light to flicker. I'm considering trying them on the Neewer light that in my opinion is a better light to see if they are more compatible. Maximalpower batteries would be my preferred replacement battery for the sony series camcorder battery.
on February 10, 2013
This battery is a beast, it holds its own for a long time while I'm running my 160-LED light during night filming and inside dim buildings.
on November 14, 2014
Sony no longer makes this battery, and my experience with 'new old stock' rechargeable batteries has not been good. This battery is a replacement for my original Sony NP-F550 Infolithium battery that failed to charge after 14 years of faithful service. I charged the Maximal power replacement and it works like the original Sony Battery in my CCD-TVR68 camcorder. On the initial charge, the camcorder indicated 220 minutes of usable charge.

The manufacturer recommends 3-5 charge/discharge cycles to achieve maximum charge, so I expect this battery to get better with use. Not the least expensive after market replacement, but it appears to be a high quality product.
on February 21, 2016
I have a Sony Handycam CCD-TRV37. I tried both batteries and neither would charge in the camera while connected to a power source. After are short time while trying to charge the cameral would start beeping like it knew these batteries wear not the correct ones for this camera.
Unfortunately I missed the 30 day return window due other family commitments
on May 23, 2015
Maximalpower SON NP-F550 Battery for SONY. excellent Battery works like a charm highly recommended, lasted 128 minutes on Camera Mode