Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Maximize Your Social: A One-Stop Guide to Building a Social Media Strategy for Marketing and Business Success Hardcover – September 23, 2013
O'Reilly Learning Series
Featured 'Learning' Series from O'Reilly Media. See more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Inside Flap
Today, a large number of companies still don't have a strategic approach to social media. Others fail to calculate how effective they are at social media, one of the critical components of implementing any social media strategy. When companies start spending time and money on their social media efforts, they need to create an internal plan that everyone can understand. Maximize Your Social offers a clear vision of what businesses need to do to createand executea social media game plan.
Maximize Your Social details the evolution of social media and explains the absolute necessity for creating a social media strategy. It outlines the preparation for, mechanics of, and maintenance of a successful social media strategy. This practical guide allows any business, big or small, to create and maintain its own social media strategyno more paying agencies or hiring expensive consultants. You can master social media marketing strategies and save a chunk of your business's budget while achieving more effective results.
Learn how to leverage the strategic opportunities that each social media channel offers and implement a data-driven approach for monitoring the success, or failure, of your social media program. With expert guidance on all things social, you'll learn how to:
- Focus your efforts in order to maximize Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and blogging
- Staff your social media efforts with the right people in the right roles
- Understand the importance of creating and maintaining legal social media policies as well as social media guidelines for employees
- Catalog all of the social media tactics that will be done on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis
- Determine the ROI of your social media strategy
You know you need to do social better. Maximize Your Social will help you prepare and maintain a profitable social media strategy. Follow author Neal Schaffer's advice, and you'll be able to do it yourselfand do it right.
From the Back Cover
Praise for Maximize Your Social
"Looking for a smart social media strategy? If so, look no further. Schaffer's Maximize Your Social provides a clear and effective road map that'll help your business thrive in an ever changing social world."
Michael Stelzner, founder, Social Media Examiner and host, Social Media Marketing podcast; author of Launch
"Maximize Your Social provides an awesome framework for creating a powerful presence on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and really ALL social media sites. You will love the pragmatic, step-by-step tactics as well as the comprehensive and creative strategies. Get this book today, not tomorrow!"
John Haydon, author of Facebook Marketing For Dummies
"Neal Schaffer is the real deal. He's proven that social media can work for real business, and in Maximize Your Social, he provides the playbook. It's a logical, realistic, clear-eyed recipe for doing social right."
Jay Baer, bestselling author of Youtility and The NOW Revolution
"Maximize Your Social is straightforward, simple, and superb. Two 'Likeable' thumbs up!"
Dave Kerpen, New York Times bestselling author of Likeable Social Media and Likeable Business
"I've been working in social media for seven years, and there's just about nobody in the business that I'd feel comfortable leaving alone with a client but Neal Schaffer. He gets the business case, the strategy, and the tacticsenjoy this primer of straight-up social media advice."
Adam Metz, The Social Concept and Firespotter Labs
"Neal has been a social media leader for years. With this book, he takes all of us again to the bleeding edge of how to survive in today's world with a social strategy that actually works. This should sit on every CMO's bookshelf."
Leo Widrich, CMO/cofounder at Buffer
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
A recent industry report that surveyed more than 3,000 marketers, indicated that 83 percent of marketers wanted help in creating a social media strategy, and that is the primary focus of the book.
I’ve read several great social media books and "Maximize Your Social" is the most strategic one I’ve read so far.
It warmed the cockles of my MBA heart.
Some of the biggest strategic issues that the book tackles are how to put together an effective social media plan that is linked to your business's measurable objectives and how to create an internal plan that everyone can understand.
The book sets the stage by detailing the evolution of social media and why it is absolutely necessary to create a social media strategy beforehand.
It includes all the mechanics of creating and maintaining a successful social media strategy and plan.
If your company has a boatload of money you might want to hire Neal Schaffer to develop a social media strategy and game plan.
If your company doesn’t have money coming out the wazoo yet but wants to have a highly effective strategic social media plan that will grow revenues, read this book and do exactly what it tells you to do.
And, to listen to an interview with Neal Schaffer about "Maximize Your Social," visit www.MarketingBookPodcast.com.
The book, in my opinion, qualifies academically as a primary reading for undergraduate level courses. The recommendation is based on the following:
1) Neal is a social networking pioneer with a wealth of practitioner experience. But unlike many practitioners that harp on their client tactic successes, Neal is a masterful strategist that applies his client experiences to the entire process of creating and fine tuning social strategies for enterprise wide adoption.
2) The book is perfectly organized for a course on social networking adoption. The sequence of topics starts with a status check on what’s going on in the world of social media. Mentoring is then provided on developing an overarching strategic framework after auditing your key social assets and enterprise objectives. Strategies for acquiring and engaging audiences are then covered one social platform at a time. This allows platform mastery for all stages of prospect courtship as opposed to mastery of a platform technical capabilities.
3) After platform mastery, the book focuses on the ever needed subject of measurement and social business development. Neal provides as good an overview of social media ROI, onboarding and social team development as any publication devoted to the subject.
4) The book is very well written in a direct, “how-to” style especially suitable for undergraduate upperclassmen.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
No matter whether you are just starting out or already using social media, this book can be used as the perfect road map from...Read more
It really helped!Read more