Maximus Smart Home Security Outdoor Light & Camera - Craftsman Black - Works with Amazon Alexa
- Amazon Alexa can now control your Kuna powered smart lights. Kuna is a smart home security camera in a stylish outdoor light that detects and allows you to interact with people outside your door
- The security device includes HD live and recorded video, two-way intercom, alarm, smart motion detection alerts to your phone, and more
- Easy 15 minute installation with no batteries to replace so you have continuous protection around the clock
- Be protected at all times – Access HD live video with 720P wide angle camera and two way intercom, 100 dB alarm siren, smart light control
- Access live video or review & download events for 2 hours free or up to 30-days on an optional subscription plan, starting as low as $4.99 per month
Night or day, Kuna’s smart outdoor security camera system detects movement at your door and sends actionable alerts to your iOS or Android device, allowing you to safely take action using Kuna’s lights(s), HD live video feed, two-way intercom, prerecorded deterrent messages, and 100+ decibel siren.
From the Manufacturer
Kuna powers a range of HD outdoor home security cameras and smart lights that you control from your smartphone — feel safe and secure knowing you are protecting your family and home, no matter where you are.
Kuna has you covered, whether it’s the front door, backyard, or side entrance of your home, we can keep it secure. With a live HD video feed, advanced activity alerts, and cloud recordings, Kuna Smart Security helps you keep an eye on what matters to you most, day and night.
Kuna starts recording 10 seconds before an event is triggered, ensuring you always have the whole story.
No limit on the number of HD events captured plus three complimentary downloads per month.
Go “back in time” and download every event for 2 hours free and up to 30 days on a premium plan.
Your home is the most important place in the world. With Kuna, experience the complete peace of mind that comes with your ability to monitor and control everything from your phone.
Describe your product in 3 words.
Preventive Home Security
How did you come up with the idea for this product?
"We would sometimes have unsavory strangers coming around our neighborhood. Most of the time they were harmless, but my wife and I still felt unsafe: opening and answering the door put us at personal risk, but so did ignoring them, because if no one responded they would walk around outside, looking for something to take. Sai-wai has had similar experiences. That's why we created Kuna." - Haomiao, Kuna co-founder & CTO
What makes your product special?
Preventative vs reactive: Kuna's unique position outside the home allows you to stop break-ins before they happen
What has been the best part of your startup experience?
Taking something from a simple idea to protect my wife to a reality that will protect thousands of homes around America is exciting, terrifying and energizing all at once. We've worked how to understand our community's security needs and build a product that not only meets these needs but goes above and beyond with extra features that delight and reward the user.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1) they offer no phone support (pre-sales, technical, or otherwise). If you have any issues you have to communicate by e-mail ... good luck with that if you're in the middle of installation and have problems.
2) if you want to view recorded video, that is a PAID service ($50 annually for a single camera) after the free 30-day trial. If you don't subscribe to the service, all you get is live video. If you're using the camera for security purposes, you really need recorded video.
3) their system is closed: you can't stream live video from the camera to any other application (for example a web browser, an NVR, etc.) ... the Kuna app is the only way to view live video. You can download a copy of recorded video (assuming you've bought that service), but ALL video is stored on their servers. You'll have to judge if you're comfortable with trusting a company - that doesn't even list a phone number - with video that potentially details the comings and goings at your residence.
4) the cameras don't have infrared lights ... In order for them to be useful after dark, you'll have to keep the lamp turned on.Read more ›
- Camera quality is as good as it should be based on current technology (during the day, that is). Clear picture, reasonably clear audio.
- When it works, it does provide additional peace of mind for the homeowner.
- It looks attractive, and is not obvious from a distance. This means that by the time someone gets close enough to see what it really is, they've already been recorded (that is if, and when, it works.)
- It simply doesn't work correctly most of the time. My camera stopped detecting motion. Emailed company (see other reviews about the lack of phone support.) 3 days later I got a response that said that they were working on a software update that triggered this problem and it should be resolved now. It wasn't, so I replied as such. 2 days later I got a message telling me to power-cycle the device. That worked. Next day, exact same problem. Power-cycled again. OK. Next day, same thing. Emailed company again, saying that power cycling the device daily is an inadequate solution - what if you're out of town? Never heard from them on a long term fix.
- Customer 'support' is slow, if not nonresponsive entirely. See comment above.
- If you talk to someone at the door through the app and device, your side of the conversation is not recorded. This matters because if someone else in the home speaks to someone at the door and you happen to view the recording, the only thing you'll hear is the voice of the person at the door.Read more ›
the installation is easy. kuna supplies you with a mounting bracket and the appropriate wire caps. the installation from unboxing to finish took about 30 minutes.
once you have everything physically mounted, you download the kuna app, and the app helps you connect the device with your home wifi.
the operations of the light and app are well documented on the kuna website however here's a brief summary:
- you can toggle the light on and off with the app. the response time is very quick.
- you can press a button to talk through the light (walky talky like function)
- you can sound a siren and it is quite loud
- you can sound a few pre-recorded messages like "i'm busy right now/ can i help you? / sorry not interested"
the camera settings:
- you have the options of having your light turn on never, or turn on at dusk and turn off at dawn.
- you can toggle if you want the light to turn on with motion sensing never, at night, or all day.
- there are slider settings from 1-100 for motion sensitivity and another similar setting for the speaker volume.
the actual operations:
i had a big concern about the lag of the device - meaning - how long after it detected motion would i receive a notification on my phone. the lag is minimal (about 1-2 seconds normally). this isn't necessarily the light's fault - it could depend on various factors: my wifi, how far the light is from my router, how strong the signal is, how busy my phone is... etc. the bottom line is that it's a reasonable lag.
another concern i had was about the sound quality.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very good. I almost gave it four stars because it doesn't massage feet.........
The images and video are good quality. SEE IMAGES. Read more
Unfortunately, my car had to be broken into before even thinking about purchasing one of these. But now, I thorough enjoy having this product and added comfort it provides! Read morePublished 3 days ago by Gia Antolini
It says "recorded video" is included. It is NOT. You only get it for 30 days. That cannot be counted as INCLUDED in the price you pay for the product. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Any Hill
Talk about basic safety feature. if you are not high tech and are lazy this is the thing for you it bitterly took me no more than 10 minutes to install and remove my old light. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Beast mode
I bought it for my front door. It works all right, but I wouldn't buy another one. Here's why:
1. Subscription only for video. Read more
This device is great, I installed it at my moms house and she can not be more happy, she needed a switch at her front door, so, when she arrives home, she wants a light to see her... Read morePublished 4 days ago by BENJAMIN B CERVANTES VEGA
Great Product works great but you have to pay for recording subscription :(Published 5 days ago by paul merlino
This is a great product. Having managed application software development for 25 years, there is an old adage: KIS - Keep It Simple, KIRS - Keep It Really Simple, and my favorite... Read morePublished 6 days ago by JeffGL
I did a lot of research on different lights with wifi cameras and I must say, for the price, ease of installation, this one hits the mark. Read morePublished 7 days ago by MauiBoi59