ASUS Maximus VI GENE DDR3 1600 Intel Z87 LGA 1150 Motherboard
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Extreme Engine Digi+ Iii
- Asus Dual Intelligent Processors 4
- Ai Suite Iii
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This motherboard overall feels like a solid product to me. I love m-atx, it's small, but packs the same punch as a standard atx motherboard. I've been using this motherboard for about a month now inside a Corsair 350D with an H100i, no issues! As you are all aware, the Haswell line up from Intel runs hot and does not overclock well, but I will not let that affect my rating for this motherboard.
* UEFI(easy to navigate too)
* Setup and debugging is a breeze
* Board is arranged and designed nicely
* Lots of Inputs(SATA, USB, Ethernet, etc)
* Good manual for those new to building a custom PC
* Excellent Quality Board
* Very good price for what is offered
* The colour scheme is good, I personally prefer blue, but it's way better than the new disgusting gold and black motherboards schemed from Asus.
* mPCIe slot is really neat, you can add a wifi card.
* Good on-board sound for those without a dedicated sound card.
* Intel NIC
* Overclocking on this board is straight forward, this board overclocks very well so far with everything on Auto(except vcore), takes 30 seconds in bios to get 4.2ghz at a low voltage.
* Good packaging for motherboard with plenty of accessories.
* The on-board audio feels a bit weak, I expected more, but it's still really good for on-board.
* AI Suite 3 software is terrible, and not that accurate(do not use it to overclock too!)
* I wouldn't really say this is a negative, but in the end it's still just a standard, quality built, board.Read more ›
The Kaspersky Anti-Virus included on the CDROM is the 2013 version and won't run on Windows 8.1. Funny how the board is advertised as being 8.1 ready, which it is, but they couldn't maintain consistency with the bundled software. I have put in an inquiry with ASUS about this issue. I would like to try out the Kaspersky software if it's free. I've read good things about it.
The board powered up is much prettier than I imagined. The images without the LEDs, buttons and indicator lights powered up really don't do it justice. I spent a little more and installed 4 rows (16GB) of Crucial Ballistix Tracers (Red/Green), it's nice being able to see the memory working. I plan on keeping the board completely open on a test bench. It's really too nice to put into a box.
Even with the board powered down, the Start and Reset buttons on the board stay lit up.
Asus responded to my inquiry about the bundled software by saying:
"...The Win 8.1 was supported after this motherboard sold in market. Since this is a third party software, our website doesn't have this software to be downloaded, please contact with the developers of the software.
Sorry for any inconvenience!..."
So I guess I'll run off now and talk to Kapersky.
One word of CAUTION !!!!! (and why I didn't give it 5 Stars ) I am using Windows 8 updated to 8.1. according to Asus this board is 8.1 ready, but, if you install the Ai suite software that comes with the board you may find yourself unable to use your machine. Apparently there are issues with the Ai Charger plus and Windows 8 that most likely will randomly disable all of you USB ports. Since the key board and mouse are USB you will be forced to restore your system, or completely reinstall the OS. That is what happened to me.
After the reinstall of the OS and software (NOT Ai suite) my system so far is working flawlessly.
My system (probably over kill for a HTPC, but 3D movies look GREAT on it)
Asus Maximus VI GENE (from Amazon)
Intel i7-4770S LGA 1150 (from Amazon)
Cricial Ballistix Tactical 8GB (x2) (from Amazon)
EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti 2GB GDDR5
SilverStone TJ08B-E Case (from Amazon)
SilverStone ST60F-PS 600 Watt PS(from Amazon)
Crucial M4 265 GB SSD (from Amazon)
Seagate Barracuda STBD 2000101 2TB
In case I forgot to mention it Amazon is GREAT...they definitely get 5 stars
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My second motherboard from asus, my second build. one of the best, Highly recommend it.Published 7 days ago by Jeffrey Velez
This motherboard is great for smaller end computers that can run high-end components on them. I also love how many on-board fan connectors there are so it gives a nice chunk of... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Austin Lanphear
When installed showed horizontal blue lines consistently across the screen. Do not buy.Published 6 months ago by Christopher Altomare
I'll never buy another ASUS motherboard. This thing is pure garbage. It runs fine on the infrequent occasions when you can get it to boot up without removing the memory and video... Read morePublished 7 months ago by lester
We all know this is an amazing mobo. I've had it for ~2 years now. I could endlessly vomit specs and benchmarks at you but instead I'll just explain the three drawbacks that I... Read morePublished 17 months ago by Matt
THIS BOARD HAS IT ALL! LOOK AT THE SPECS. I ACTULLY CHOSE THIS BOARD OVER THE VII GENE BOARD!
Also, it supports the latest Intel Core i7-4790K Processor, Corssair Vengeance... Read more