|Item Weight||3.1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||11 x 6 x 8.5 inches|
|Item model number||SPL06-07A1W4-BKT-K1|
|Style||Smart Security Light|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Type of Bulb||n/a|
|Included Components||Smart security light^LED Blub|
|Warranty Description||1 year warranty.|
Maximus Video Security Camera and Outdoor Light - Craftsman Black - Compatible with Alexa
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa. Control your Kuna powered smart lights. Kuna is a smart home security camera in a stylish outdoor light that detects and allows you to interact with people outside your door.
- The security device includes HD live and recorded video, two way intercom, alarm, smart motion detection alerts to your phone, and more
- Easy 15 minute installation with no batteries to replace so you have continuous protection around the clock
- Be protected at all times. Access HD live video with 720P wide angle camera and two way intercom, 100 dB alarm siren, smart light control. WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 for easy setup with iOS or Android devices. 120V to 240V Energy efficient continuous power supply. US and Canada ONLY
- Access live video or review and download events for 2 hours for 30 days on an optional subscription plan, starting as low as 4.99 per month
|What you need to know – This product has a serial number that uniquely identifies the item. When your order ships, Amazon will scan the serial number and add it to the history of the order. Should the item go missing before it arrives, Amazon may register the serial number with loss and theft databases to prevent fraudulent use or resale of the item. There is no action required from you and the serial number will only be used to prevent fraudulent activity associated with the missing item.|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Kuna Smart Home Security Outdoor Light/Companion Light
Meet the next generation in Home Security and Burglary Prevention: The Maximus Smart Security Light. This beautiful outdoor metal and glass wall lantern includes a 720P HD Video Camera and Smart Technology to live stream video from your home to your phone. Receive real-time notifications when a visitor is detected at your door. When motion is detected, push notifications are sent via our mobile app to your smart phone. Not only can you see who is at your door (from your phone), but you can communicate with these people via our live Intercom 2 way voice feature. You can speak live or send pre-recorded voice messages via your smart phone. With the push of a button, sound an alarm to deter burglars. Maximus supports iOS and Android devices. This light fixture also includes an Energy Star certified A19 450 Lumens bulb.
- Photodiode for dusk-to-dawn light control
- 720P HD camera (116 degree diagonal FOV)
- High fidelity speaker for clear audio and loud alarm siren
- PIR motion sensor for increased detection accuracy
- Microphone for high quality audio capture
- 3-color status LED with selectable display/hide modes
- Smartphone (tablet optional), maximus supports all iOS devices running iOS 7 or above (iPhone 4S and above, iPad 2 and above) and android devices supporting android 4.4 and above (kit kat)
- Includes 16 watt LED bulb, 3000K Color Temperature
Compare with similar items
Night or day, Kuna’s smart outdoor security camera system detects movement at your door and sends actionable alerts to your iOS or Android device, allowing you to safely take action using Kuna’s lights(s), HD live video feed, two-way intercom, prerecorded deterrent messages, and 100+ decibel siren.
From the Manufacturer
Kuna powers a range of HD outdoor home security cameras and smart lights that you control from your smartphone — feel safe and secure knowing you are protecting your family and home, no matter where you are.
Kuna has you covered, whether it’s the front door, backyard, or side entrance of your home, we can keep it secure. With a live HD video feed, advanced activity alerts, and cloud recordings, Kuna Smart Security helps you keep an eye on what matters to you most, day and night.
Kuna starts recording 10 seconds before an event is triggered, ensuring you always have the whole story.
No limit on the number of HD events captured plus three complimentary downloads per month.
Go “back in time” and download every event for 2 hours free and up to 30 days on a premium plan.
Your home is the most important place in the world. With Kuna, experience the complete peace of mind that comes with your ability to monitor and control everything from your phone.
Describe your product in 3 words.
Preventive Home Security
How did you come up with the idea for this product?
"We would sometimes have unsavory strangers coming around our neighborhood. Most of the time they were harmless, but my wife and I still felt unsafe: opening and answering the door put us at personal risk, but so did ignoring them, because if no one responded they would walk around outside, looking for something to take. Sai-wai has had similar experiences. That's why we created Kuna." - Haomiao, Kuna co-founder & CTO
What makes your product special?
Preventative vs reactive: Kuna's unique position outside the home allows you to stop break-ins before they happen
What has been the best part of your startup experience?
Taking something from a simple idea to protect my wife to a reality that will protect thousands of homes around America is exciting, terrifying and energizing all at once. We've worked how to understand our community's security needs and build a product that not only meets these needs but goes above and beyond with extra features that delight and reward the user.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) they offer no phone support (pre-sales, technical, or otherwise). If you have any issues you have to communicate by e-mail ... good luck with that if you're in the middle of installation and have problems.
2) if you want to view recorded video, that is a PAID service ($50 annually for a single camera) after the free 30-day trial. If you don't subscribe to the service, all you get is live video. If you're using the camera for security purposes, you really need recorded video.
3) their system is closed: you can't stream live video from the camera to any other application (for example a web browser, an NVR, etc.) ... the Kuna app is the only way to view live video. You can download a copy of recorded video (assuming you've bought that service), but ALL video is stored on their servers. You'll have to judge if you're comfortable with trusting a company - that doesn't even list a phone number - with video that potentially details the comings and goings at your residence.
4) the cameras don't have infrared lights ... In order for them to be useful after dark, you'll have to keep the lamp turned on.
I think this product has great potential, if they get a real support system and integrate better with other home security/automation products.
I have been using my Kuna lights for 4 months and I can say that they have been very dependable. They are the first line in my home security setup (since both of them face towards the roadway and cars entering my driveway). On more than one occasion they have helped me to shoo away unwanted solicitors when I was away from home. They have also been invaluable when one of the kids gets locked out of the house, they can get my attention (Kuna app will keep sending my iPhone notifications while they stand at the camera) to remotely unlock the door. I have also noticed that the Kuna live video stream is very responsive with no noticeable lag; I'm watching essentially a real-time feed, compared to my Nest Cam (also facing towards the road, for comparison) which has a lag of up to 10 seconds (both set on 720p, both cloud-based solutions, both using the same local router/network).
I *really* want to see this product provide IFTTT channels for the motion detection, alarm feature and light controls; and also a LAN-accessible video stream to integrate with my other IP cameras.
My rating goes up to 3 1/2 stars based on the reliability and performance, even though I can't mark 1/2 of a star.
One of my lights stopped sending video - it will connect to my WiFi and I can otherwise control it (turn light on/off, etc.) but no video.
I contacted their customer support, who determined that it was defective and beyond the warranty period ($199 device bought less than 3 years ago).
They offered a 50% discount on purchase of a new light instead.
Not happy with their lack of replacement support on the product; I have experienced much better coverage from other home automation companies like Schlage and GE.
The customer service from Kuna is non-existing. They don't have a phone # to call. The only contact with them is by email. Being that the Maximus Outdoor Light is more reliable then the camera, I only sent Kuna emails in regards to the problems with the Toucan Outdoor Camera and asked for an exchange (not a refund). Kuna Customer Service Rep. Christopher Elliott responded via email that I set my sensitivity too high at 100% and suggested that I reset my system by turning it off for 20 seconds to reset it. I checked my setting, and it was at 45% sensitivity. I went ahead and reset it per Elliott's email, but the results were the same. I sent Kuna 4 additional follow up emails asking them to exchange the camera, but they chose to ignore them and would not respond.
Kuna has unreliable products, extremely bad customer service. Save yourself the headache, don't buy their products - especially these 2 products.