Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 476 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 501 reviews
on April 6, 2015
I recently purchased this EDC it worked at first and with light use one of the seams completely ripped apart making the pouch unusable because everything falls out. I contacted Maxpedition they told me to fill out a complete questionnaire and add detailed photos and order information. I followed instructions but that wasn't enough, they then told me to mail it out to them in California and they will determine if I am receiving a replacement?! What? and I have to pay shipping. So I have to spend my own money to send a piece of gear across the country that was made with poor craftsmanship? It really concerns me that Maxpedition claims to stand by their products and treats customers like this. Any other company that would be enough to receive a replacement or credit for gear.

Hard Use Gear! Haha good one.
review image
33 comments| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2015
Very good job on the stitching. I am always wary of pouches etc from Amazon. You just never know what the stitching is going to look like. I was very satisfied with the stitching on these. The materials are of excellent quality, and feel very solid and durable.

Note that there is no attachment method on the back. Just a carry strap at the top. No Molle straps, no belt loop or clip. It is designed to be in a pocket. If it was on your belt and you opened it, its contents might fall out.

It is small, but at the same time, it is not. It is small enough to fit in a pocket, unless you pack it full of items, or you have small pockets. However, it is large enough to store several items.
It is truly a pocket organizer, holding all those small items you would otherwise stuff in several pockets.

Here's what I have in mine:

Outer mesh pocket:
• PaperMate Inkjoy pen (shortened)
• Whistle buckle
• Sewing kit
• Paper
• Folding scissors

Left side:
• Nail-clipper through tab at top
• USB flashdrive
• Olfa Carton Cutter
• Pocket Wrench II

Left pocket:
• Ziplock bag with alcohol wipes, Band-aid strips, paper clips, twisty ties, safety pins, two split rings, fresnel lens
• Paper with two binder clips
• 6 piece tamper-proof Torx bit set

Middle
• Hex bit adapter for Leatherman Rebar
• Zip ties pushed through rim seams (11.5" by 1/8")
(the zip tie head is a perfect tight fit for the square side of the adapter. It keeps the adapter in place securely with no fear of it falling out)

Right side:
• AmPro Precision screw driver set (4mm bits x10)
• Coast G19
• Leatherman Rebar
• Mini Bic lighter attached to loop at top (secured with rubber band)
• Mini zip ties in drinking straw
• Hair band attached to lighter

Right pocket:
• Gorilla tape, common tape, and nano cord wrapped around plastic card

___________________
Some thoughts

There is only one strap on each side. This means that if a small item occupies a spot, there is no way to attach other items below. If it had two straps on the left, you could secure several small items, like a battery, chapstick, pill fob etc. As it is, you have to either have space unused, or have small items in but not attached to anything. Ideally, it would have a strap tab at the bottom of the right side, to accommodate a small item horizontally below other longer items.
I am very happy with it, but would like to see a redesign of this, with two straps on the left, and a strap tab at the bottom of the right side.

Note: When it arrives, the paracord zipper pull will be tied in a simple knot using both ends. This is rather weak. I have included a guide for another knot. It will not come loose on its own, only if you deliberately untie it. It also keeps the paracord in an open loop, to easily put a finger through and open or close it.
If you get the tan one, there might be tan thread visible along the black mesh outside. I blackened it with a sharpie and it makes it look much better.

Photos:
Contents as they are in and out of the pouch.
You can push thin zip ties through rim seams inside.
I also include a guide for the zipper pull knot I did.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on June 26, 2015
Use this everyday for a wallet and more. Holds a LOT of stuff if you pack it well and fits in a pocket with no problem (can be a tight fit if packed to the brim or if small pockets). I took off the Maxpedition logo patch myself, so don't worry, so far all the stitching is strong and looking good.

As others have said a belt loop/webbing on the back would be a huge improvement. The loop on the top is still good enough to throw on a carabiner, etc. if you need empty pockets for a bit.
review image review image
on September 5, 2015
I've been looking for a good pocket organizer for a while. Problem is most are actually too big to fit in pockets which defeats the purpose. This little guy will fit in pockets well. Specifically Army ACU and OCP uniforms.(see pics)

My old regular sized organizer was far too big to fit in ACU shoulder pouches. The Micro slides right into the ACU shoulder pouch. With the new OCP uniform, the shoulder pouch is smaller due to a zipper but the Micro will still fit if you do not overpack it. It will also fit snugly in the small pocket above the boot (though I would not want to put it there). Fully packed, my micro is about as thick as my old organizer empty which is neat.

The materials are somewhat spartan but I'm sure maxpedition did that to minimize thickness which is good in my book

Had a fishy scent initially, im sure that will go away in time. Solid little organizer. Would definitely buy again. Would highly reccomend for Military Personnel.
on December 20, 2012
I have the MadPed EDC Pocket organizer, which is great, but I might like the MICRO even better. This one for real fits in your pocket and you can fit a bunch of needs inside. I would buy this again and again, great for camping and organization.

I uploaded a pic of mine.
review image
0Comment| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2016
I am not an EDC enthusiast, but I do like to be prepared and I do like organization of things I need to use every day. Needing a solution to organize the smaller items and a means to move those items from bag to bag to suitcase to work bag etc, I found the Maxpedition Micro and thought it perfect for my needs. It is a very sturdy bag that is made out of durable nylon. The zipper is very tight and easy to operate. There is a nylon handle on the outside that you can use to easily grab on to (I removed mine because I did not have a need and it just got in the way). On the inside there are a series of loops of different sizes for your organizational needs. There are also two pockets and loop for keys if you need it.

My everyday carry consists of:

Stanley 4-1 screwdriver
Neosporin
Bandaid
Credit Card multitool
1 x tissue

I find that these are what I use/need on the day to day. Everything else I can get out there in the world. This little case goes with me in the car, in my messenger, my work bag, my suitcase and is always on hand.Very highly recommended for someone who needs these things like me.
review image review image review image
on January 5, 2017
Other Reviewers said these were conterfit because the tag omitted hard use gear under Maxpedition and are made in Vietnam instead of Taiwan I called Maxpedition and told them i thought they might be conterfit and they told me that they moved manufacturing to Vietnam and removed hard use gear from the tag and they are legitimate Maxpedition gear
I Like the size of this pocket organizer because it fits well in a cargo pocket with out being too bulky I'm using it to hold bits for my leatherman and some small tools i've bought many Maxpedition pouches and bags they all stand up to wear and tear and are designed and built well this pocket organizer lives up to the Maxpedition name
on August 28, 2016
i originally bought this organizer thinking it would make a good wallet to organize some edc items. it works alright in that capacity if you don't overfill it, but let's get real... you're going to overfill it.

i can still carry this organizer in most pockets, but i'm not comfortable with the resulting bulge. instead, i typically carry it in an edc bag in a pocket that is easily accessible. now my pockets are free and happy and i can still quickly access all the junk i was carrying in them.

here's a list of everything in the pouch:
spare aaa battery
fisher space pen
mini sharpie
mini bic lighter with ranger band
leatherman bit extender
fenix eo5 flashlight
5' of gorilla tape
25' of #12 bankline
leatherman diamond file for the leatherman surge
t-shank jigsaw blades for leatherman surge (backup wood saw and metal saw)
leatherman bit kit
canvas repair needle
rite in the rain notepad
mirror for signaling/first aid/to check for boogers
credit card magnifier
guitar pick
grease pencil

believe it or not, the organizer is capable of holding even more than all of this, but this is definitely all i need to have in it. i could probably add some bandages or some other small items, but i think this covers more than enough basic needs.
on May 24, 2014
I did not find this in the reviews or description, so wanted to include it. I needed a sturdy bag that would slip into my hoodie pocket and hold a short stack of 3" x 5" index cards and a pen for writing. This is a regular sized pen. The cards fit just right, and the zipper holds everything in. Really nice bag. I like it a LOT!!!
on January 9, 2017
I bought the Micro and the Mini to store a small camping fire kit. Ultimately neither were large enough, but I kept them around for other uses. Currently, this Micro serves as my writing kit and it's excellent for the job. It's large enough to hold a number of pens and markers, 20+ 3x5 index cards and a small 3x5 spiral notebook. It's small enough to fit just about anywhere in a bag and the large grab loop makes it easy to retrieve. It would make for a good small first aid or boo-boo kit. The only real con, to me, is the lack of a velcro field for patches: I like to use patches or nametapes to identify my organizers so I know what is in them at a glance. The Micro is the only Maxpedition organizer that does not have one. Other than that this is a great piece of kit.

A note about counterfeit products:
There are concerns about Amazon selling fake Maxpedition products, due to some of the photos shown above. The original stock photos show a tag saying Made in Taiwan, while many people (myself included) have received pouches made in Vietnam. So, I called Maxpedition about it. I explained that I was concerned about it being a fake, but as I bought it from Amazon LLC, not a vendor, maybe I had gotten some new old stock. I explained that my 3-year-old Fatboy says "Hard Use Gear" on the front and had a tag that said Made In Taiwan. They said that they are currently, as of 2016, producing pouches and bags in Vietnam and that they no longer say "Hard Use Gear" on the front. I was told that Amazon buys directly from Maxpedition so there is no chance I got a fake. When I commented that the pouch I have does not look quite like the one on Maxpedition's website, she said the photos were out of date. This is just what they look like now.

She told me if anyone has questions or concerns about having received a fake, send photos to info@maxpedition.com and they'll let you know if it's real.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.