Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Maxpedition Sitka Gearslinger
|Price:||$111.51 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$28.48 (20%)|
Order it now.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- We finish our bags with a triple coat of polyurethane for water resistance and add a final coat of DuPont Teflon Fabric Protector to repel the elements; Only the best components and designs are used
- We use complete YKK zippers and slides exclusively unlike our competitors who put YKK slides on generic zippers
- We add military grade nylon Webbing for straps, handles, and modular attachment points; Genuine Duraflex buckles and hardware add strength and functionality
- Starting with large, unseamed panels of 1000 Denier Nylon, we meticulously reinforce each stress point with composite thread; No unnecessary seams or polyester parts are used
- Single shoulder backpack designed to maximize utility when rotated towards front of body
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
A one-strap design maximizes utility when the bag is rotated to the front of your body, and a ventilated, padded back keeps you comfortable.
Top and side handles offer numerous alternative carrying positions, while the PALS modular webbing throughout enables you to easily attach accessories. A water bottle pocket is sized to fit a standard 32-ounce Nalgene bottle.
- Main compartment measures eight-by-three-by-15-inches (W x H x D), with internal organizers
- Top front compartment measures 7.5-by-two-by-four-inches (W x H x D), with internal organizers
- Bottom front compartment measures 7.5-by-two-by-eight-inches (W x H x D), with internal organizers
- 618-cubic-inch cargo capacity
- Compatible with 100-ounce hydration reservoir
- 1000-denier water- and abrasion-resistant ballistic nylon fabric
- Teflon fabric protector for grime resistance and easy maintenance
- High strength zippers and zipper tracks
- UTX-Duraflex nylon buckles for low sound closures
- Triple polyurethane-coated for water resistance
- High tensile strength nylon webbing
- High tensile strength composite nylon thread
- #AS-100 high grade closed-cell foam padding material for superior shock protection
- Internal seams taped and finished
- Paracord zipper pulls
- Double-stitched stress points
Top Customer Reviews
BUT I rarely see anyone mention how uncomfortable this bag is for extended wear or how it becomes increasingly painful as you add weight. Maybe the people conducting these reviews and throwing out 5 stars write the review before actually using the bag. I am writing this review after 6 months of continuous daily use, wherein I tried very hard to be happy with its performance.
MY INTENDED USAGE:
I purchased this bag for everyday use and I selected this particular sling model for its concealed weapon carry feature. For the last six months I have packed it to and from work everyday. I use it on weekends when I travel or stay out for the night. I take it to the gun range. I keep my gun in the rear water bladder pocket using Maxpedition's velcro holster and mag holders. I keep my essentials in the front-top pocket (lighter, knife, multi-tool, flashlight, etc). Everything else varies based on what I'm doing. It generally holds all of my stuff just fine, but the main pocket does fill up quickly and is actually pretty narrow. It will accommodate hold compact laptops or tablets (as a size reference).
INHERENT DESIGN FLAW:
This bag has a huge design flaw in regards to WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION. When you carry a messenger bag, the weight is distributed across your chest and then rests upon your hip.Read more ›
I have used the Remora for over a year - several times a week at least. It holds a wonderful amount of stuff - tons more than my Fatboy and actually, it gives my Jumbo Fatboy Versipack a run for it's money on holding stuff.
BUT, I wanted to pack a light rain jacket, maybe some lunch at times, maybe the video camera and the regular camera, and my M-2 waistpack with the survival stuff in it...and with the assorted gum,candy, carmex, contact lens stuff...it just wasn't gonna all fit in my Remora.
The Gearslinger concept - I can't live without it after having carried the Remora for a year. Either shoulder, backpack style, front of the body, on the side like a man purse...it's awesome. I don't take off the Sitka, just like I didn't the Remora when I am on a ride at a themepark, or in a resturant, or when the airport makes you take that bus to the car...etc...actually, one cool part I like is sitting at an NFL game- all my stuff, right at hand and I'm not gonna lose it, or leave it behind, etc..I just stand up and sling it around to my side or back as needed. My Sitka also fits neatly in the top of my Duluth canoe pack, a bag within a bag, if you will.
The Sitka itself - as the other review said here - go to the Max web-site - or you tube it - the smaller pockets are plenty for me and my stuff and I actually found mesh zippered bags to be a great thing for the inside of the larger pockets to divide up some stuff without it getting all jumbled together. For example, my daughters old mesh pencil case holds my contact lens spares, glasses, solution, case, etc..Read more ›
This bag is very well made, compared to similar day bags Ive owned this one seems like it will last a long time. I especially like the sling aspect of it since I usually only carry a regular backpack with one strap anyway. The ability to swing it from your back around to the front for easy access without taking it off is a brilliant idea, with a few flaws though. While the side access aspect is great, in order for it to work the pockets inside are sideways so you can access them while it is spun around to your front. Depending on what you carry and how its packed, this can cause items to fall out of their pocket and move around inside the bag while being carried upright on your back. I overcame this with some thought out packing and the use of pocket organizers, like the ones Maxpedition also sells.
-Well made, one of the best Ive owned.
-Secure and easy to access.
-Discreet CCW if desired.
-Perfectly sized for every day use.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I purchased this as an alternative to a boring diaper bag, and I couldn't be more happy. Plenty of organization and space for diapers, changing pad, wipes and misc bits, plus... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Nicholas A Conte
Everything you would want in a bag, and more. Great product, extremely well made.Published 1 month ago by Steve
Terrific sling pack! Holds my Surface Pro 3, in the case, easily. Love the durability and sturdiness of design. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Swing_Riot
yeah, over built, over priced, better used as diaper bag. also, stitching is fair to midland, disappointing for the price tag.Published 2 months ago by Krull1911
great everyday bag with the CC option. It works great for hauling all my stuff.Published 2 months ago by ibnhall
Really tough nylon and water beads right off it. Good placement of MOLLE loops and pouches/compartments in the main section and externally. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Sam
I have this unit. I have the FR-1. I have the Fatboy and Janus pouch. I got it one free as a gift. I find it a bit uncomfortable to carry stuff since i find it doesn't sit square... Read morePublished 3 months ago by J. Chiarelli