- Spiral-bound: 20 pages
- Publisher: Maxwell Pub Co; 6 Spi edition (December 15, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0964519143
- ISBN-13: 978-0964519145
- Product Dimensions: 0.2 x 6.5 x 5.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 551 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,056 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Maxwell Quick Medical Reference 6 Spi Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
A valuable resource for any health professional, the Maxwell Quick Medical Reference packs essential information used in everyday clinical practice. Color-coded pages group the information by topic and make it easily accessible while heavy cardstock paper and plastic spiral binding make the book durable day in and day out. Pocket size allows it to go anywhere - the wards, E.R., O.R., clinic - even the library or lab.
Browse through the online copy at maxwellbooks.com and see what's included. This inexpensive small text can save you time at work and make you look good in the process!
Top customer reviews
Common ECG rhythms
Waveform measurement typical values
12 lead axis chart with deviations
ACLS Cardiac Arrest for V.fib, , asystole
ACLS Post Cardiac Arrest Care, Acute coronary syndromes, adult bradycardia, adult tachy, suspected stroke
Canadian Neuro Scale,
NIH Stroke Scale,
Lab Values for Heme, Chemistries, blood gases, urine, toxicology, cs, synovial, endocrine
Serum drug levels (therapeutic and toxic) for many common drugs.
Daily Body Fluids with electrolyte and volume
Ascitic and pleural fluids
Helpful equations (anion gap, fractional Na excretion, etc.)
Phlebotomy tube color codes
Form guides for Admit/Transfer orders, On Service, Progress, Discharge, Pre-Op, Op, Post Op, Procedure, Delivery, Postpartum
Estimate Delivery Date
Glucose Tolerance Values
Developmental Milestones 2mos to 4 years (quick ref. only)
Form guide for H & P and Neuro
Glasgow Coma Scale
6 Blank pages,
Symbol and Letter Snellen
Ruler (1-5 inches and 1-13 cm)
1) UCSF Hospitalist Handbook - the info is a bit more practical and step-by-step than Pocket Medicine. You can get the iPhone/Android version for cheaper through AgileMD). Because it gives way more tangible, practical diagnostic and management steps than the Red/Green book, all my residents would be super surprised at how much more "mature" and "relevant" my diagnostic and management plans were in my presentations. They thought I was a genius and further along than most of my classmates...(and I wasn't too keen on letting them know where most of that genius was coming from :)
2) Sanford Guide (microbio) - this is really the best book for any microbio you'll need on the wards. You'll look like you actually paid attention during microbio with this book. The typie is very small ad the paper quality sucks. can be a bit slow to navigate through. You can look stuff up by organism or condition, and it has a spectrum of bacteria sensitive to each antibiotic.
3) Tarascons (pharm) - It is far and away the fastest way to get your hands on dosage, forms available, and pricing data. I can't tell you how much of a superstar you'll look like if you actually are talking about dosing as a medical student. This is not something any med students are familiar with. That alone makes this book worth it. Color tabs have made it easier to navigate through. Some of the older drugs are gone. The tables are awesome.
4) Download medscape for general reference questions here n' there. Personally, I like it more than epocrates...and it's free.
5) Netflix- for call-nights and unwinding when you actually get a day off! True Detective is a phenomenal series.
Most recent customer reviews
Highly recommend. Nice and lite to carry around.
Could add more references in there.