|Item Weight||22.4 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||49.25 x 22.25 x 3.25 inches|
|Item model number||70422|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Manufacturer Part Number||70422|
MaxxHaul 70422 48" x 21" Hitch Mount Compact Aluminum Cargo Carrier - 500-lb Load Capacity
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- This basket style cargo carrier is constructed from extruded aluminum that is durable, compact and lightweight making it easy to install. Will not rust and easy to clean and maintain.
- Inner basket size: 48-1/4” x 21-1/4” x 2” ; Outer basket size: 49-1/4" x 22-1/4" x 3-1/4”
- Features a heavy duty steel under support frame with a 2" x 2" hitch shaft to fit Class III and IV hitch receivers.
- Raised side rails help keep cargo in place and provide tie-down options. Built-in reflectors with red colored corners to provide extra visibility and added safety
- Whether you are camping, going to a long road trip or simply transporting a load that you don't want inside your car, this basket-style rack will provide the instant cargo space you need.
- 500 Lbs. maximum distributed weight capacity
- PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND BROWSE OUR A+ PAGES FOR MORE PRODUCT INFORMATION
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The MaxxHaul 70422 Aluminum Hitch Receiver Mounted Cargo Carrier measures at a total measurement of 49-1/4" x 22-1/4" x 3-1/4” with the inside basket measuring at 48-1/4” x 21-1/4” x 2”. Its maximum distributed load carrying capacity is 500lbs. This allows one to easily transport numerous types of bulky items that would otherwise take up valuable space within the vehicle or the trunk of the vehicle. The sturdy 22.4lbs lightweight construction of the extruded aluminum basket provides increased durability with the open-floor platform design making it easy to maintain and cleaning a breeze. The under support and hitch shaft is constructed from high-grade steel with a powder coat finish. Rust and corrosion resistant, outside elements pose no match for its longevity of use. The 2” (inside measurement) rails were integrated into the construction to help keep the loaded cargo in place and provide unlimited tie-down location points. This cargo carrier fits all 2” x 2” Class III and IV hitch receivers. Built in reflectors add visibility for increased visual safety during use on and off the road.
From the manufacturer
MaxxHaul 70422 Compact Cargo Carrier's 2-inch rails provide unlimited tie-down location points.
- Maximum distributed load capacity: 500-pounds
- Outer Basket Dimensions: 49.25-inch x 22.25-inch x 3.25-inch
- Inner Basket Dimensions: 48.25-inch x 21.25-inch x 2-inch
- Aluminum Basket, Powder Coated Steel Support
- Rust-proof Extruded Aluminum finish
- Weighs 23-Pounds
MaxxHaul 70422 Hitch Mount Compact Aluminum Cargo Carrier - 48" x 21"
Rust-proof Extruded Aluminum Finish
Our MaxxHaul 70422 Aluminum Hitch Receiver Mounted Cargo Carrier allows one to easily transport numerous types of bulky items that would otherwise take up valuable space within the vehicle. The sturdy lightweight construction of the extruded aluminum basket provides increased durability with the open-floor platform design making it easy to maintain, and cleaning a breeze. The under-support and hitch shaft is constructed from high-grade steel with a powder coat finish. Rust and corrosion resistant, outside elements pose no match for its longevity of use. The 2" (inside measurement) rails help keep the loaded cargo in place and provide unlimited tie-down location points. Built-in reflectors add visibility for increased visual safety during use on and off the road.
- Powder coated underside support
- Easy to install
Proven and Tested!
See it and try it for yourself as we guarantee customer satisfaction on our MaxxHaul products. Feel free to give us your honest review as we strive to achieve the best quality and pricing in all our products.
Customers who bought this item also bought
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I'm selling mine and would get another carrier with a frame design higher from the ground.
I have ordered another on and hopefully, it will have better workmanship.
Also, I ordered this through Prime 2 day delivery. If I selected for them to just replace it, they will not send the replacement one to me as Prime 2 day delivery. It would be delivered in 5 days. So I just did a return and I reordered a new one Prime 2 day delivery.
Top international reviews
My favourite part of the basket is its low profile. This is essential for my Jeep Wrangler, since it allows the rear gate (and 32" spare) to open completely when the basket is unloaded. I also use a hitch tightener and a hitch pin lock after inserting it into the hitch.
I do think there are a couple of things that could make this product better:
1) more mounting holes or eyelets for attaching ropes/bungee cords
2) use metal instead of plastic for the corner pieces
I'm nitpicking though; it really is a great product for the price.
Wouldn't trust it with too much weight, but it works for our needs! Built a box for it to keep our stuff secure and dry, and act as a table while we camp in our converted SUV.
I m super handy and don’t mind fixing crap products but this needed nothing. Super for the price. As long as your not an idiot and don’t overload I see it lasting a long time!
Will update if it falls apart after fort drive lol