Maxxum Swiss Gear by Wenger Notebook Backpack - Blue
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Color: Blue
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Shock absorbing shoulder straps
- Quik Pocket with headset port
- Rear hanging handle doubles as trolley strap
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
CONSTRUCTION - tough, comfortable, practical, easy to use
FIT / WEAR - comfortable for long periods of time, distributes weight well, makes carrying more stuff a lot easier.
>>>ADDED NOTE - Another reviewer complained of pilling on the back of their shirt from extended use of his pack. I can't speak to the fabric from which their clothing was made, but I can say that after over two years of every-day heavy use, including to and from work, hauling groceries up and down a hiking trail, and occasional day trips, etc., I've had no experience of pilling or any kind of damage or wear to any of my clothes.
WHERE TO KEEP YOUR STUFF
1) LAPTOP COMPARTMENT - 2 zippers - The compartment closest to your back houses both an internal "pouch" that secures your laptop (with click-lock strap) and an open sleeve with plenty of room for papers and notebooks. Being able to keep both my laptop and some paper notebooks in this one compartment is very handy for me. Some of my packs in the past had "laptop only" compartments that made this impossible. Good design here, for me, keeping the PC safe while keeping similar sized gear handy.Read more ›
- well made
- good zippers - that's important
- solid brand - I've owned many Wenger products and they last
- nice support/suspension for laptop protection
- same kind of support neoprene "hammock" inside for your mp3 player and also has a hole at the top to feed through your headset/remote - very nice
- very comfortable back padding and strap system
- good organization pockets
- water bottle side pockets - a must for mobile phone.
- nothing significant
- the fabric is thick but I would have preferred a thicker bottom layer in case you have to put it down somewhere wet.
- as I mentioned, I think this is better suited for students or for a weekend laptop bag. In my opinion, I wouldn't go into the office with it - my first choice in that respect continues to be the Samsonite "Business Casual" Executive Backpack. All around great bag - you can't go wrong (with either of these).
I've used this backpack every day for the past 4 years, and its still going strong.
I'm even considering buying two more just in case they ever stop producing this awesome bag. (Hey it happened to FireFly)
(This backpack accommodates my Thinkpad T500 15.4" with the larger 9 cell battery)
I bought a backup, and the design of the bag has changed since I first purchased it:
The best part of the bag, the outside bottom, was leather. It is just nylon now. :(
The inner pocket zipper is gone. (the main compartment) They replaced it with a lower mesh pocket without the zipper. :(
There was a small pocket for papers in the laptop area. They removed it altogether :(
I'm downgrading my review due to these money saving changes that compromised a great product.
I wish I had the option to buy the older, better version.
The features are countless and well-thought-out.
1. Lots and lots of pockets for storage, and a nifty open pocket into which you can stuff a sweater or light jacket.
2. The laptop pocket is supported above the floor of the pack, so no worries about your precious cargo hitting the floor and cracking the case. Excellent design on that point. My Dell Latitude D610 (15.4") easily fits this pocket, so no worries there.
3. The backpack is light weight and easy to slip on. The chest strap is available if you suddenly have to run for your flight!
4. The padding against your back is brilliant! No more sweaty backs from lugging an overly clingy backpack through a hot humid airport.
5. Sturdy zippers and straps. This bad boy is very well made.
6. Style and color too. It doesn't look like a laptop backpack, so no "red flag" to thieves in airports that say "Hey, steal me!"
7. I love this feature--it has a floor support that enables the bag to stand up all by itself. No more leaning against the wall. Nice!
I am more than extremely pleased with this bag. I've contacted my local IT department and suggested it as the "defacto" standard when people ask for a laptop bag. At $53 it's a super bargain.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love this backpack.
I got it for 40$. Just finished my first year of undergrad.
I carry a 15. Read more
I bought this five years ago and it's still going strong. Lots of handy pockets inside! All the zippers and straps are still in good shape. I'd buy this again.Published 3 months ago by Phil
On my second one of these backpacks in a row. The backpack is FANTASTIC. It's traveled with me all over, including via train and airplane. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Julius
Great backpack. I have been using this for several years and it still looks like the day I bought it!Published 8 months ago by Samantha Fontana
This backpack is great. It has tons of space, and most importantly, great padding. I've had it for about a year and a half now and it hasn't torn or broke at all. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Jack Dahlgren
Great Backpack! the best I have ever had for my laptop as well as all the other things I travel with! Lots of space, lots of compartments, very well built. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Ideaguy