|Print List Price:||$17.99|
Save $6.00 (33%)
Penguin Random House Publisher Services
Price set by seller.
Maybe Right, Maybe Wrong: A Guide for Young Thinkers Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The message of this book is strongly rooted in humanist philosophy. The book begins by stating that "there is nothing more important than human beings". The concepts which follow are all based on avoiding hurting another person. (It does also explain that humans are part of nature and that nature, including all other animals, should be respected.)
Eight suggested principles are discussed: Life is Valuable, Respect, Fairness, Honesty, Responsibility, Kindness, Knowledge, and Enjoy Life.
By explaining the concept of principled living in simple terms, Dan Barker gives parents a useful tool for teaching their children how to think about morality. The book is presented in clear statements that can easily lead to deeper discussion, particularly with older children.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Family Life > Values
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Education & Reference > Social Science
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Family Life > Values
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Children's Nonfiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Social Issues > Values & Virtues