Workplace Solutions Best Kids' Books of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 12 Days of Deals Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pet pet pet  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon

Maybe WB is testing the waters with this release?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 4, 2012 3:29:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 4, 2012 10:13:54 PM PDT
K. Thompson says:
I am a collector of mainly American animation and this is one cartoon that has been totally mismanaged by WB. Part of me wants to think that WB is testing the waters here to see if it sells well enough so they can release the rest of the series on DVD or even Bluray. I would love to see Tiny Toons and Animaniacs get the proper respect it deserves from Warner Home Video. So please support this release and buy a copy or two!

Posted on Aug 25, 2012 9:49:13 PM PDT
Just bought a copy. WB is not being very funny with the quality of DVD they released. They could've done MUCH better than this with a movie 30 years older! The picture is grainy, it looks worse than VHS. Hard to believe it took them this long to release this and it looks like they burned the copy off YouTube onto a disk. Disappointed.

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 11:52:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 26, 2012 11:54:15 AM PDT
DC says:
They don't care ... make them care, everyone who bought this garbage they call a transfer should return it to them with a note must be re-mastered.

We do notice and we are not viewing this on 19" crt's any longer so the quality of the transfer must be 100% better.

Or we all want a full refund. I know it can be a lot better as I have a friend who is a collector and transfered his own without the millions of dollars in gear WB has at there fingertips and his is a lot better direct from a clean copy of the VHS tape.

So they have no excuse to the quality they put out. bottom line is it must hurt their bottom line for them to care at all. They consistently put out garbage, why because we let them, so send it back. Do not let them take your hard earned cash you must hurt them in the wallet that is the only way a company that big will pay even the slightest attention.

That is my 2 cents :-)

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 6:24:43 PM PDT
Jason S. says:
After reading about the poor quality of this release, I'm seriously thinking about returning it as I have not yet had the opportunity to open & view it yet. I do still have a VHS copy, so perhaps I'll be better off just watching it from what I've read. It's a shame as I was really looking forward to this release & the hope that more Tiny Toons would follow with the remaining unreleased episodes.

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 8:12:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 30, 2012 8:17:36 PM PDT
bart927 says:
@Jason, if you plan on watching the movie on a new (ish) flat panel HD TV, (or anything over 240p) I would just return it.
I am looking to return the one I bought. It is such a huge disappointment because I love the movie.

The menu and previews (of course) are HD, but the second the WB logo appears @ the beginning of the movie, you can see total drop in quality...the opening credits are blurry and jagged.

I checked it in my other DVD players to see what was wrong, and one player is specifically set @ 480p, 1:33:1 standard for "older" shows and this DVD still looks terrible. I have alot of "older" animated series on dvd like Transformers and Voltron and they look like blu ray compared to this DVD. BECAUSE the companies that released those titles took the time, care, and effort to actually remastered them. And those studios are mini-marts compared to WB.

The big joke is, if you look @ the original VHS tape is says "digitally processed" and that was in 1991...WB cared about quality back then...not any more.

If you have a streaming box, stream it from you tube, it looks the same as this "new release DVD."

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 8:53:59 PM PDT
Jason S. says:
Thanks for the advice, Brian. Guess I'll try out my old VHS, and if it's still playing fine, the dvd will be headed back.

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 6:26:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 31, 2012 10:13:14 AM PDT
bart927 says:
Glad I could help, We're just getting tired of being ripped off by these movie companies. Especially under their new mission statement that is basically them crying about the the money they are losing and we should feel bad about that...What?
What, you're losing money? I guess you need to get people who can do a better job at handling the money. Not taking it out on the customer.
The product quality should match the asking price, if not, lower the price...drastically.
Not WB, Instead of trying to appeal to the customer, they want to hurt them more.

The newest distraction by WB is they are going after counterfeiters.. by suing Amazon and whoever...the problem is, the counterfeiters seem to be doing a better job than WB, that's why most people are fooled. When WB's discs look like they came off an inkjet printer...with the words made in Mexico stamped on them... how can us consumers tell what is real and what isn't?
Personally, I think WB is using the term "counterfeiters" in an attempt to get all USED copies off the market, so you have to buy from them.. I know it sounds crazy...but wait, Walmart's disc to digital service requires them to stamp YOUR disc in ink, so you can't resell it. Hmmm.

The solution is very simple... Put out HIGH QUALITY items and people will buy them... Then customers will know where it came from AND they will buy more based on the positive buying experience.

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 2:25:13 PM PDT
K. Thompson says:
I just got a chance to watch it and I honestly don't know what everyone is talking about. I watch a lot of animation and the only thing I could see is the letters at the beginning were kinda blurry (of course my TV is calibrated for animation). This has not been re-mastered in HD, so what does everyone expect? I would give the DVD a 4/5 simply because the intro was kind of blurry, other than that I am grateful to have this on DVD and in my collection. I could probably clean it up a little by working a little magic, but I think the DVD and presentation is fine as it is. You want to talk film grain, try archiving Batman the Animated Series then get back to me.

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 3:14:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 31, 2012 3:22:41 PM PDT
bart927 says:
@K, What type and size TV and you watching on?
I actually own Batman the Animated Series and it looks good, yet Batman Beyond the Animated series was not treated as well. There is a distinct picture quality difference between the two..and the sad part is Batman Beyond is newer material.

Film grain and some noise is to be expected on older material, but not compression artifacts and blocking apparent everywhere.

I am watching on an animation calibrated 40" Sony, which by today's standards is small, I'm afraid to know how bad the Tiny Toons disc would look like on a bigger set. When a large amount of DVDs in my collection look good, and one or two titles look bad, you can't blame the TV.
Disney did the same disappointing nothing with Darkwing Duck.

For the 12 plus dollars (19.99 retail) WB wants, (mine was 14.99) it SHOULD have been remastered.

A perfect example would be the Chipmunk Adventure from 1986, Paramount DID NOT skimp on the quality, so it looks and sounds great.

BTW.. What did you mean by YOU could work a little magic.. and try archiving the Batman series?

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 4:29:42 PM PDT
K. Thompson says:
I have one of the newer "42 Samsung TVs. It's unfortunate that so many are not happy with this release, but to each his own I guess.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jul 4, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 31, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about