BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Wonderstruck PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 28, 2016
Been ordering this prodcut for over a year - really like the color. Doesn't go on as thick and creamy as I'd like but the color is great - perfect neutral for many different looks.
review image
33 comments| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2015
The Maybelline New York ColorSensational Lipcolor, Red Revival is my favorite Red Lipstick. If you are looking for a vibrate, sexy, long-lasting, moisturizing red lipstick. This would be the lipstick for you, I usually don't wear lipstick because most lipsticks from my experience usually make my lips either too dry or funny looking because the color just doesn't fit me. After wearing this lipstick, It got me reconsidering trying out lipsticks again. This Red lipstick is the best because it smells so good, it doesn't need to be apply multiple times throughout the day and in my option it fits any one in any skin tone very well.

I hope my review on this product was very helpful.
review image review image
This is another great red lipstick that I have purchased lately that I am very pleased with. I have blue eyes, blonde hair, and a light/medium skin tone, and this shade is a great match for my coloring. It is just a tad darker than a true, Hollywood type red. It is not a wine color, or a fire engine red with orange tones - it is just a classic, bright red.

It applies smoothly and easily, with high pigment. Like any highly pigmented lipstick, one needs to apply carefully so it does not smear and stain around your lips. This lipstick is not matte, but is not shiny either. It is is subtly shiny, so it does not look like a gloss. It has a faint pleasant scent, similar to vanilla.

When wearing red lipstick it is really essential to use a lip liner to ensure that your lips look defined and not like you got a red popsicle all over your face. I purchased the NYX brand, slim lip liner in the shade "Hot Red," also from Amazon, to use with this lipstick, and it is a great match. NYX Slim Lip Liner Pencil 817 Hot Red
review image review image review image review image
Love Maybelline. The color I wanted... funny it took to buying online to find the brown I wanted. 😄 Bit of a shine finish. Color name "barely brown"

Revised.... this is my second order. My mom stole my last one... lol.
on August 18, 2015
Love the color of this lipstick! Bought the 'Get Nutty' Color and I absolutely love how smooth it applies. Has just the right amount of shimmer and probably one of the best lipsticks I've ordered online!
on January 10, 2015
This week, I've been obsessed with finding the right colors for my skin tone/job/life - I'm a graduate student - procrastinating and foregoing the work piling up. So, I'm hoping what I've discovered can at least save others some time! I'm late 30s, golden blonde, very light skin tone - Yes, I'm sad that I've wasted many hours this week, with really just less money to show for it! One thing I discovered, however, is that online photo in blog reviews are not likely to accurately portray what the color will look like on you. Okay here goes the run down on those I've tried (most are slight variations of one another):

Born With It - My absolutely favorite shade is Born With It. It's light pink with some very subtle lavender undertones. I've used this for a couple of years now.

Crazy For Coffee - another that I've owned for some time, it's quite dark and looks red on me. It's a bit too dark on me, but I really like it. I put a layer of Born With It over the top to make it less dramatic.

Warm Me Up (in the neutrals) - On Day One of my lipstick color trials (i.e. "lipstick breakdown") I was aiming to find a darker version of Born With It, and Warm Me Up comes very close, it's a great shade - it has the creamy texture and slight glistening sheen which is true of this all shades in this line of lipstick (with exception of the mattes maybe, which I haven't tried).

Pink & Proper - a very pretty shimmery light rose, great for someone much younger or with dark or olive skin

Pink Me Up - a very nice pink shade - too straight pink for me, but great if you want a straight-up pink! I gave it to my mother in law.

Pinkalicious - a very pretty reddish-pink, but with an orange undertone that is not for me (I personally go for brown or lavender undertones)

Pink Wink - Lighter and more fuchsia/purple than Hooked on Pink, I personally hate fuchsia

Hooked on Pink - A fantastic shade with incredible, expensive-seeming texture - easy to apply precisely, even without a lipliner. Seemed less "greasy" and easier to apply without lipliner than Let Me Pink (below). It's a great color, a very deep pink: fuchsia/magenta (reddish in some lighting) with blue undertones. But even though it looked good on me, I personally just hate fuchsia and magenta, so sadly it had to go.

Let Me Pink - This is a slightly redder version of Hooked on Pink with less fuchsia - so I ended up keeping this one. Both this and Hooked on Pink are very fun, glamorous shades that are great for night but not too much for day (I cannot believe I'm actually writing that! Guys do Fantasy Football, I try out lipsticks. Sigh.)

Make Me Pink - I didn't try this one because it's a very lavender pink - but maybe it's great, I don't know.

Summer Sunset - don't be fooled by the name, this a great daytime blue-based red (has some shimmery gold in it that is not very noticeable) - it's more of a brick red, I read one review of a woman who said she put it on when not wearing any other make up, I can see how that would work out well! I probably should've kept his one.

Ruby Star - Very similar to Summer Sunset but slightly deeper and more dramatic (think nighttime) - I initially really liked the color but it is PACKED with gold sparkles. Had to be re-gifted, but it would be nice for a holiday party. Great if you want a sparkly red lipstick with slight blue undertones!

Revolution Red - I accidentally bought this when aiming for the highly recommended Red Revival - it's a glamorous, bright Hollywood red that looks kind of ridiculous on me. Just too bright, probably great for an olive skin tone.

So, there you have it, the fruits of my "lipstick breakdown" this week - testing 10 new shades. Next winter break I'll suppose I should try out the mauves and browns. Now, I've got to go catch up on my work. May you find the perfect shade for you.
22 comments| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I am surprised by the quality of Maybelline products. For a number of years, I would not go near the drugstore makeup brands for fear of getting something cheap and awful on my skin, but the new data shows that these brands have a lot of science and research behind what they put in their products, and while some still don't agree with me, I love the lipsticks by Maybelline. First: the container! I love the burnt orange lipstick cover case. It just makes me happy and it looks expensive, even if it isn't. This color is gorgeous on my not-fair complexion and I even got one for my mom - she really likes Maybelline lipsticks. I do like to reapply several times during the day especially after meals (but only because I brush my teeth after meals). Nothing but good things to say here: Love the feel and functionality of this lipstick. 5 stars.
on January 21, 2014
I bought the Red Revivial color and I use it with the Prestige Waterproof Lip Pencil, True Red bought from Amazon as well. I love the red color & it works with my light complexion. It lasts for a while but not after eating :-D
review image
22 comments| 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2013
I ordered two tubes of lipstick in the color, Pink Please, from 5 Star Sales. One was rotten and the other was not. The rotten that I received smelled terrible and was gross to apply on.The product also had cracks and crevices along its sides. Once on and off the lips, the smell remained and lingered. The smell is not the traditional lipstick smell. To me, it smelled like dirty, wet cardboard that was left on the streets. My sister thought it smelled like burnt crayons. One reviewer on this Amazon page said it smelled like "Play-doh".

If you look in the reviews for this products, other customers have also received a foul smelling lipstick. Note the reviews written by meuy, SydneyCWH, and Kylie. Or, search keyword "smell".
on September 11, 2017
The color looks different in person.... I ordered plumtastic and it was really nice. Then and going by the reviews I bought pinkalicious and didn't like it. It is dull and overwhelming pink not vibrant, shimmering pink like shown ....

That’s what I thought a while ago about the pinkalicious tone but after using it a couple of times and after some compliments I started to like this color very much:)
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.