Top critical review
147 people found this helpful
Awesome idea, but need better durability.
on December 27, 2011
I love having a toddler seat connected right to the toilet rather than messing with a separate potty chair or seat. The potty chair was constantly getting in the way and the potty rings would slide around when my son tried to sit, which freaked him out a little.
1) Material is sturdy and like a very dense plastic (package says its recycled wood). I was worried that the toddler portion of the seat would be flimsy or easily crack, but this is not the case at all. I could probably sit on it myself with no problems.
2) Installation was simple (instruction leaflet was included) and it fits my standard round toilet well. The seat allows one to easily remove the whole seat for cleaning by twisting the back hinges. I'm not sure how useful this will be, as I've never desired to remove a seat for cleaning before but its a neat feature (maybe I'll understand when my toddler uses the seat more consistently lol).
3) The toddler seat is held firmly in place magnet when not in use. I was concerned that the magnet would be too weak and the little seat would slam down when closing or opening the lid.
4) Product is attractive (for a toilet seat) and looks like a normal toilet seat with lid closed, and when opened appears well made and like a quality product. For those of you who are wondering what your guests will think when they use the restroom: no need to fear!
1) As said above the magnet is strong...but maybe a little too strong. My toddler has a hard time pulling the little seat down. I think he will get it with practice, and I'd rather have too strong than too weak.
2) The toddler seat seems to come off of the hinges too easily. I have had it practically fall off in my hand a couple times now when helping my son get on the potty. If I could change one thing about this seat, it would be to permanently attach the toddler seat to the hinges. I worry about what will happen if the seat ever comes loose when he is trying to use the bathroom alone.
If it wasn't for this last issue, the product would get five stars. I am still deciding whether I will purchase another one of these for my second bathroom. I guess I'm hoping a non-removable one will come out.
Just a few weeks short of a year of ownership, BOTH the toilet seats have broken. My downstairs toilet seat broke at the hinges (not the part where you attach it to the toilet, but rather the part where all the layers of the seat hold together. The upstairs toilet cracked through the adult seat. Both these seats need replaced. I have downgraded my rating from three stars to one.
-Great idea, but no cigar
-Toddler seat comes off every time an adult whom leans back or has a larger rear end uses the toilet
-Removable hinges, while making it easier to clean the bowl, made it impossible to clean the hinges (funk would get in between the moving parts)
-Not durable (one set of broken hinges, one broken toilet seat)
I will not purchase this product again.