Caverna: The Cave Farmers
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- For 1-7 Players
- 30 minute playing time
- Tons of replay value
- Great strategy game
- For 1-7 players
- Takes about 30 minutes to play for each player
- Tons of replay value
- Great strategy game
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
In this game, you are the bearded leader of a small dwarf family which lives in a little cave in the mountains. Together, you cultivate the forest in front of your cave and dig deeper into the mountain. You furnish the caves as dwellings for your offspring as well as working spaces for small enterprises. It's up to you how much ore you want to mine. You will need it to forge weapons, that allow you to go on expeditions to gain bonus items and actions. While digging through the mountain, you may come across water sources and find ore and ruby mines that help you increase your wealth. Right in front of your cave, you can increase your wealth even further with agriculture: you can cut down the forest to sow fields and fence in pastures to hold your animals. In the end, the player with the most efficiently developed home board will win the game. Play the solo variant of this game to make yourself familiar with the 48 different furnishing tiles for your cave. Components - over 300 wooden pieces for animals, resources and dwarfs - over 60 acrylic nuggets for Ore and Ruby - 16 game boards - 16 punchboards with over 400 pieces - 30 Cards - 1 score sheet - 1 rulebook - 1 appendix.
Compare to similar items
This item Caverna: The Cave Farmers
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Newbend Discount||MyQuickMart|
|Are Batteries Required||No||No||No||No||No||No|
|Item Dimensions||6 x 12 x 9 in||2.75 x 8.88 x 12.38 in||11.12 x 14.12 x 2.88 in||2.8 x 11.6 x 11.6 in||12.3 x 4.6 x 8.8 in||3.93 x 8.66 x 10.63 in|
|Item Weight||7.7 lbs||5 lbs||3.67 lbs||3 lbs||7 lbs||4 lbs|
Top customer reviews
1. You like games like Settlers of Catan. Maybe if you like Risk or Monopoly, but not necessarily.
2. You like games that make you think and aren't just based on luck.
3. You don't mind spending some time playing a game -- about 30 minutes per person playing (e.g. 4 players = 2 hours).
4. You don't mind being a nerd.
If you have played and like Agricola, then you will love Caverna. Caverna plays very similar to Caverna, but it has a few advantages.
1. Food is much easier to come by. This doesn't mean the game is easier, but it does mean it's LESS STRESSFUL. I would always get stressed out and nervous in Agricola and would spend time planning my next 4-6 moves in advance sometimes. In Caverna, you can still plan to get an advantage, but there are more options and backup methods to get food.
2. Rather than receiving a handful of cards to pick from, everyone picks Occupation/Improvement-like cards from a pool of available cards. This means that luck of the draw isn't quite as important. However, the player who gets the first turn can get the first pick, so there is still some luck.
3. The scoring is a bit easier. For example, all animals are worth 1 point. Animals still have differences as far as reproduction, food, availability, and how they play with certain cards.
The main disadvantage of Caverna compared to Agricola is that since there is a set pool of cards, the game doesn't change quite as much each time you play it. However, there are still many strategies you can employ and different ways to score a lot.
This is my favorite game (Agricola used to be my favorite). We've spent hours and hours playing it and will continue to do so.
Everyone we have introduced this game to has loved it. It is easy to pick up and learn and isn't overly complicated. But it is still a great strategy game that gets better and better the more you play it.
I would happily recommend this game to any strategy board game lover.
As an aside, all the pieces (the animeeples, the pumpkins, the room tiles, etc.) in Caverna are SUPER cute. :)
I did spend an extra 20 to get the box organizer from Broken Token. Not necessary, but there are a lot of pieces. Fortunately the game comes with tons of little bags for you to organize them that way, which is good enough.
Most recent customer reviews
This is definitely one of my favorite games!