$ 98 $22.99 Save $7.01 (30%)
& FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Switch to “Wii U” or “PC” mode by using the switch located on the side
- The GameCube Controller Adapter allows you to connect up to four GameCube controllers (or wireless GameCube controllers) to a Wii U system and PC USB
- Supports the built-in Vibration Feedback with no delays by plugging the two USB ports of the adapter into your Wii U system or PC USB connector ports
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7,Windows 8,32 bit and 64 bit and Mac OS under the PC mode
- The driver is required if you need the vibration feedback on the PC mode
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Adapter for GameCube controllers to allow for use on Wii U. Compatible with Super Smash Bros. Wii U.
Top customer reviews
In PC mode, the controller is fully mappable as a normal joystick and supports rumble after quick installation of drivers by Mayflash's website. I have used this adapter with two versions of Project64 (with rumble support!!), SNES9x, and NEStopia: each program worked great with the controller. In Wii U mode, this works great with Dolphin, a GameCube/Wii emulator, once you follow the directions on the Dolphin website. Dolphin is preconfigured for rumble support and premapped input. Could not be happier with using this on my PC.
On the Wii U, as long as it is in Wii U mode, it works right out of the box for Smash Bros Wii U ONLY with first party wired and third party wired/wireless controllers. Have not tested this with a Wavebird GC controller yet, as I do not have one. No input lag whatsoever, was able to easily perfect pivot even though I am not a top tier competitive player.
This adapter has an amazing build, with hefty supports at each point where the cord ends. Third party controllers do not fit as snug as first party controllers into the ports, however this has caused no problems even when playing with 4 players on the PC. The switch from PC to Wii U mode is large and has the right amount of resistance so that it will not switch unintentionally but feels like it will last a long time.
All being said, if you plan to ever use this on the PC, then this is a much better option than the official adapter as you can take advantage of Dolphins Wii U mode support while having many more options than Nintendo's adapter when in PC mode. For the Wii U only this adapter is equal with Nintendo's, so pick whichever works best for you with price vs collector value.
EDIT: This does work with the Wavebird!!
It will not work "out of the box". Some items of note to get it working.
1. Make sure it is in Wii mode.
2. You'll be better off using a Debian Jessie RetroPie image over the standard Wheezy image. Need a more recent version of the libusb to build the driver
3. Find and build ToadKing driver from Github. You will need to install some extra packages in order to build it, namely libusb-1.0.0-dev and libusb-dev and libudev-dev
4. You can test the driver from that point by making sure to run it using sudo and it will tell you if it's connected or not (if not, is it in Wii mode). If it is, you need to make the program run at startup. Search how to do that.
I am not sure the best way to configure this for RetroArch though. Enjoy your GC controllers!
Pricing it at $40 was an easy compromise as even though the official retailed for $20, the lack of stock allowed scalpers to price the official adapter at 60 dollars+ so 40$ is hardly a bad price.
So for the adapter- it works exactly as advertised and has no input lag whatsoever on the Wii U. I haven't tested the PC mode but youtube reviews of the adapter prove that this adapter also works for PC/Mac for Dolphin. There is no reason why this adapter is worse than the official adapter and it might even be better than the official one as it works well with PC.
The Adapter does exactly what its supposed to do, let you play your Smash Bros. Wii U with your gamecube controller, and it does just that and even better if you plan to use it for GCN Emulation on Dolphin with its PC Switch.
Get this as soon as you can while its under $20, who knows how long it will be until the price raises.