Maytag MFF2558VEM 24.8 Cu. Ft. Stainless Steel French Door Refrigerator - Energy Star
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want this professionally installed?
- Unhook and haul away of old refrigerator
- Basic hook up of 1 new customer-supplied refrigerator
- Any parts required to install the new refrigerator
- Please allow a 3-hour window for the work
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
Customers Also Shopped For
25 cu. ft. French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator with BrightSeries Lighting Package
You've got a million things to do tonight. But first: dinner. Find fresh food fast with the BrightSeries lighting package, which illuminates fresh food organized at eye level in this ENERGY STAR ® qualified 25 cu. ft. French door bottom-freezer refrigerator. Your busy household will also appreciate the Wide-N-Fresh deli drawer, easy-to-organize storage, adjustable tempered glass shelves, and the twin fresh food doors. Plus, help keep your produce fresh with the sealed and humidity-controlled FreshLock crispers. And the glide-out freezer with SmoothClose drawer tracks is easy to open and close even when it's loaded. Because searching around for dinner should be the last thing on your mind.
Top Customer Reviews
1. French Doors. I love them. THe left door has a flap that sort of flattens out as you close the door to seal against the right door. Because of the little flap, the right crisper drawer does not pull all the way out if the left door is closed. Alternatively, you CAN keep the right door closed and pull the left crisper drawer all the way out. Anyhow I usually end up opening both doors when i go to the fridge, so it will take 2 hands, but i still love the french door look.
2. Inside water dispenser. Love that too. THe only bad design is the button to get the water is a few inches above the actual dispenser. it is difficult for me to get a glass of water with one hand; i usually hold the glass with one hand and press the button with the other. But i do like this design much better than the 'outside of the door' water dispenser; i think this fridge has a cleaner look. I didn't even notice the inside water dispenser at first, it takes up VERY LITTLE room which is great!
3. Drawer freezer. I like it enough for what I have (bachelorette food like hot pockets and lean cuisines). I expected it to hold a bit more than it really does. I do like the fact that it's wire baskets that hold my food rather than a solid surface; sorta eliminates cleaning. THe reason i don't TOTALLY love this freezer is simply because if I had a bowl of liquid, i would have to be VERY CAREFUL to freeze it (such as an extra water bowl for my dog). Anything you want to be in the freezer will need to move/slide to get it in there - i have to only fill the bowl 1/2 full of water or else it will spill when i close the freezer door.
4. Adjustable "no spill" shelves. These are great. Everything is adjustable which is perfect for me. I adjust them quite a bit actually. Also there is a small lip on each shelf so if something leaks, it won't drip down the back wall of the fridge. I like this idea. Also the shelves pull out a few inches in case you have something in the back you need to reach.
Overall this is a great fridge. It also beeps after a few minutes if you accidently don't close a door all the way. Temperature of both the fridge and freezer are displayed at the top inside of the fridge. Very easy/intiutive to adjust. Those small flaws listed above are very easy for me to live with; i would buy this refrigerator again. And, i love the stainless steel look!
After five days , an authorized Maytag technician attempted to repair the refrigerator
only to find that the specified replacement part was too large to place in the
After working on the unit and talking to a number of people, he called the refrigerator
He contacted Whirlpool/Maytag and ordered an entire replacement refrigerator (fingers crossed).
Thank heaven we bought an independent extended coverage policy.
By the way, Whirlpool/Maytag has a limited warranty - which they were "kind" enough to
cite over the phone - that says, even for brand new products, they will not cover "any
food or medicine loss due to refrigerator or freezer product failures". Which just about
says don't put more in their refrigerators than you can eat in 24 hours or so.