Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Fergie PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,461 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,497 reviews
on July 17, 2014
A 1:1 replacement cartridge for the Viking RWFFR water filtration system (Model #RWFFR). Both the Viking RWFFR and Maytag UKF8001P cartridges are made in the USA by 3M Purification Inc at 400 Research Parkway, Meridient CT 06450

Both have the identical operating parameters: Mass Flow Rate: 0.78 gal/min, Capacity: 750 gallons, Temp 33°-100° & Working pressure. Both are NSF certified. Both recommend cartridge replacement every 6 months.

The only difference is that one cartridge is branded Viking and costs twice as much; whereas this 2-cartridge package is co-branded Maytag/Pur and costs half.
review image review image review image review image
on March 18, 2016
Purchased 3/16/2016, received 3/18/2016. They are about 1/8' short so they do not snap in place properly (see pics). One misspelled word on the cartridge confirmed my suspicion... overseas copy! The instructions inside are obvious photocopies. Returning immediately.
review image review image
on January 13, 2016
We have been purchasing these filters for a few years for our Frigidaire frig. Our Nov '15 order did not easily install into the frig. Then when "forced" in, it did not function properly (appears it did not depress the two water inlet poppets sufficiently which led to water hammering during water flow and very low flow rate). We removed it and compared it to the previous filter we were replacing - it was clear that the external threads used for installation and the internal ramp-like feature that press on the water poppets had design changes or poor manufacturing. Moreover, there were a number of mispellings in the printed information on the outside of the filter. Strongly suspect counterfeit part. To their credit, Amazon provided full refund. We are now buying future filters from Home Depot.
on August 11, 2015
Filter replacement was straightforward for my refrigerator. Open the filter door, twist off the old filter (it was torqued on fairly tight). Remove the packaging from the new filter (including the foil cap), then twist on and close up the filter door.

There are some things you have to be aware of when doing this operation:
1. Keep a dishtowel handy. The old filter will be full of water and there will also be water in the water-line. Wipe up any spills so everything stays clean.
2. The new filter has charcoal in it. That's the active ingredient in filtering the water. It's perfectly OK for there to be some charcoal particles on the top of the filter due to shipment. It's not going to poison you and the filter WILL filter those particles before it gets in the water line.
3. Air in the line. You do NOT want to dispense any water while the filter is off. Not only will water spray everywhere, you clown, but an air-bubble could get trapped in the line and block or decrease water flow. Make sure the filter is on tight before using the water dispenser.
4. Temperature. If your new filter is at room temperature (or in my case, hot off the UPS truck), it may take a few minutes for the filtered water to get cold. To lessen this effect, you could put the new filter in the fridge or freezer before installing. This is totally optional.

As far as performance, the water is cold, clean, tastes great, and flows nicely - just like the OEM filter before it. I'm glad I didn't go with a less-expensive / lower-performing filter.
on June 20, 2015
I wanted the real McCoy, no messing around, no equivalents. That's why I ordered from these folks. It's worth paying extra to know the filtration (carbon) and paper (microns) are doing the job and that you are not being short-changed by some manufacturer going on the cheap. I'm not absolutely against something made in China as long as it's under the auspices and supervision of a big brand that has skin in the game of keeping things up and up. If you buy cheap, I think cheap is what you'll get, and you are buying this filtration for something going in your body.
on December 27, 2014
Product came in factory boxes with the factory seals in place. Helpful tip: After replacement utilize a large pitcher to run a few gallons of water through to clear any air out of the lines.

There are times when buying generic is OK, however with fridge filters, you really need to buy the name brand. I tried the generic and had issues with leaking and water quality. These are the factory replacements and go a great job filtering the tap water. My municipal water supply is heavy on iron and these filters do a great job clearing out the excess and producing great tasting water for my my family.

I used to buy these from my local appliance store at retail $42 a piece so Amazon is by far the best seller.
on October 8, 2012
The filter (UKF8001) was delivered on-time. The filter arrived in a sealed box and on closely examining the filter itself I found that it exactly matched the filter that came with the refrigerator. Both the original filter and the new filter recommended replacement in 6 months. The water ran clear from the start - it does "spit" and gurgle at the beginning, releasing trapped air in both the filter and the water supply lines. After that I could see no difference in the taste, rate of flow or clarity between the original filter and the replacement.

I agree with other reviewers that the actual capacity and flow rate of the filter is difficult to determine from the specifications on the filter body or the enclosed documentation. A good discussion on this subject is contained in the following review: July 1, 2012 - "A theory about determining which filter you got, By A Music Lover "AMusicLover" (MA)". His observation that the front of the box says in a bright pink call-out "Reduces 12 contaminants..." would lead to the conclusion that, according to the table depicted on the filter box, this is a 750 gallon filter. I suspect that this is true because I used my original "6 month" filter for 12 months without any degradation in quality. I am sure that I did not use over 2 gallons of water per day, for the year, required to reach the 750 gallon mark.

Because the capacity of the filter is NOT specifically listed, one star has been subtracted.
on January 4, 2016
I've gone back to buying the OEM filters for my fridge after seeing some bad reviews on the cheaper Chinese versions. To be fair, these are also made in China so I'm not sure if I am actually gaining anything, but I feel better knowing that the filter is PROBABLY doing what it is supposed to even though these are double the price. I have a household of 3-4 depending on who is home from college, and one of these will last close to a year so it's not that expensive in the end. No discernible taste difference though over the other bargain brands... at least not that I've noticed.
on August 29, 2015
Can anyone with a water quality tester tell me the TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) reading you are getting on these filters? I'm getting 171+ on mine brand new, newly installed. That's llike drinking tap water in most parts of the country! When I change filters on my ZeroWater pitcher, the water is completely clean and high-quality with a TDS reading of "000." I thought my fridge filtration system with these over-priced filters would at least provide acceptably clean drinking water! It's not even acceptable for cooking!
on December 2, 2012
Sears/Kenmore charge over fifty, plus shipping and tax. These save me a bundle and work just as well.

They make it EXTREMELY difficult to find proper replacements, so I hope the following technical information helps someone. It may work with more model numbers, but based on the information I have available to me, these are the only ones I can confirm 100%.

Used in my Kenmore Elite model 596.77599801 (7759) - per my refrigerator manual, it should work with the following models:

Refrigerator model numbers (four digits between the . and * are the common model numbers used on the Sears site.)
596.7759*801
596.7760*801
596.7857*801
596.7858*801

Use in place of the replacement filter part number below:
469006-750