Other Sellers on Amazon
Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials Blu-Ray + DVD + DHD
Digital HD with Ultraviolet +
|List Price:||$14.99 Details|
|Price:||Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$4.98 (33%)|
|Additional Blu-ray options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Enhance your purchase
Frequently bought together
MAZE RUNNER: THE SCORCH TRIALS - Official Trailer: In this next chapter of the epic "Maze Runner" saga, Thomas (Dylan O'Brien) and his fellow Gladers face their greatest challenge yet: searching for clues about the mysterious and powerful organization known as WCKD. Their journey takes them to the Scorch, a desolate landscape filled with unimaginable obstacles. Teaming up with resistance fighters, the Gladers take on WCKD's vastly superior forces and uncover its shocking plans for them all.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- MPAA rating : PG-13 (Parents Strongly Cautioned)
- Product Dimensions : 0.6 x 5.3 x 6.7 inches; 8.32 Ounces
- Item model number : 35220805
- Director : Wes Ball
- Media Format : Color, Blu-ray, Widescreen
- Run time : 2 hours and 9 minutes
- Release date : December 15, 2015
- Actors : Dylan O'Brien, Ki Hong Lee, Kaya Scodelario, Thomas Brodie-Sangster, Dexter Darden
- Dubbed: : French, Spanish
- Subtitles: : English, French, Spanish
- Studio : 20th Century Fox
- ASIN : B0176IEKPE
- Number of discs : 1
Best Sellers Rank:
#24,637 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- #2,424 in Action & Adventure Blu-ray Discs
- Customer Reviews:
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
On the positive side, if you haven't watched the first film, you could probably jump straight into this one, as nothing in the first film really seems to have mattered.
Movies aren't so bad, but I do wish they would've stuck to the story more. I was looking forward to actually seeing "the scorch" and all the other crazy stuff that actually happened.
Then the ending.
If I saw this when it came out & had to wait 3 years for a cliffhanger, I'd hate it too.
Luckily, I didn't have to wait but, it was a dirty thing to do.
Kind of like Amazon waiting years to release S.2 of Undone, with Rosa Salazar who plays Brenda.
See? There was a tie-in. The minute I saw her thought "C'mon. Give me more 'Undone' "
So if you watched 'Maze Runner' and are debating do you want' Scorch' & 'Death'?
The answer is Yes. It's a Trilogy. Each sequence is necessary & really good in it's own right.
They are good enough to watch again & again so if you can get a Buy deal, go for it.
No Spoilers. Just some Friendly Encouragement.
If you want to know The Why to 'Maze' & See the Battle with WCKD heighten 'Scorch' is a Must.
It's So Darn Good if you like suspense & action like 'The Mummy'.
Plus, it's got Patricia Clarkson (Sharp Objects) & A Battle is only as Good as The Villain.
The only good thing in the whole movie: Newt, Minho, and Thomas actually look like what they're supposed to.
The bad stuff:
1. The director literally just took the characters and setting and threw them in a blender. It is nothing like the book. AT. ALL.
2. These kids need to learn how to hold flashlights. I know you're running from a bunch of cranks, but at least turn it off to save the battery. Common sense!
3. They made the cranks past the Gone look like decaying zombies. That is not how they are supposed to look. They are supposed to look injured. I think the special effects team just overdid it so that it was so bloody it was corny.
4. They made them not all immune. Like, Newt is supposed to be the only one not immune, but apparently Winston is too. And a whole bunch more.
5. Brenda is annoying, and very, very, very not how she is supposed to be.
6. A whole bunch of other things. Honestly, just save your money. It's a lot cheaper. Go watch something else. Seriously.
The gang start out being rushed out of the facility they had made it to in the last movie. They are rushed to a new facility which promises to be a refuge from the Big Bad Wicked.
But are they safe, really?
That's the maze part of the movie as the characters have to find their way through the disguises and deceptions that make up their world.
This wasn't a great movie but it was fast moving and kept me on the edge of my seat.
It is also forgettable. Halfway through the movie, I realized I had seen it before, which says how unmemorable the film was.
Top reviews from other countries
No spoilers from me about the plot.
I only gave it 3 stars because from almost the outset, the annoying lead started dashing round, leading his group with the constant shout of..."go go go go go". He simply couldn't say anything else. I remember one scene when there was no panic to get moving, but even then with no urgency required, he said "go go go".
The film became the "go" film.
However, the others did a great job around him and the film deserves 4 stars. This go/go/......go lark was stopped in the next film.