McAfee VirusScan Plus 2008 [OLD VERSION]
- 3-in-1 PC protection from viruses, hackers, and spyware
- Integrated anti-virus, firewall, and anti-spyware technologies
- Essential protection for surfing the Web and downloading files safely
- Simplifies security with the new and improved McAfee SecurityCenter
- Blocks and removes threats automatically; shields PC around the clock
Customers also shopped for
You love cruising and using the Internet. There are hackers out there ready to pounce on you and your computer - causing in all sorts of harm. McAfee 3-in-1 VirusScan Plus AntiVirus Firewall AntiSpyware PC Protection 2008 software is necessary to safeguard your PC from viruses, hackers, and other culprits that want to harm it and you. It offers 1-Year of protection, constantly updated, to keep your system's protection current. So cruise and use the web in comfort. Be assured that you're protected by a leader in PC and Internet security. Stops Viruses - Automatically blocks, cleans, and removes viruses so you can surf the Web safely and download files Blocks Spyware - Blocks spyware before it installs on your computer and removes existing spyware so you can surf the Web safely Stops Hackers. Protects and conceals your computer from hackers Always On and working in the background providing updates for 1 year after installation to your PC. 24/7 virus and threat protection from McAfee AVERT Labs continuously monitors worldwide virus activities and provides immediate, anti-virus protection and removal solutions Daily updates are installed automatically. When a new version of McAfee is available, you get it automatically at no charge during your subscription, ensuring that you always have up-to-date protection - for up to 1-Year (renewable) McAfee SystemGuards watches your computer for specific behaviors that may signal virus, spyware, or hacker activity SiteAdvisor adds safety ratings to sites and search engine results based on comprehensive spam, adware, and online scam safety tests Stealth mode can hide your presence on the Internet, making your computer invisible to hackers McAfee SecurityCenter makes it simple to review your computer's security status, check for updates, and fix potential security issues
From the Manufacturer
With the wide variety of viruses, hackers, and blended threats lurking on the Internet today, you need more than a simple anti-virus program to keep your PC and files secure. McAfee VirusScan Plus AntiVirus, Firewall, and AntiSpyware provides the essential protection you need to surf the Web and download files safely.
With McAfee VirusScan Plus, powerful integrated technologies work together to combat and defeat even the most sophisticated multi-pronged attacks. McAfee's trusted PC protection blocks and removes threats automatically, and identifies spyware and adware before they can run on your PC. Plus, to keep things extra simple, the new McAfee SecurityCenter gives you at-a-glance control over all your McAfee applications. Get the confidence you need to surf the Web, knowing McAfee is always on, always updating, and always protecting you.
- Stops viruses: automatically blocks, cleans, and removes viruses so you can surf the Web safely and download files.
- Blocks spyware: blocks spyware before it installs on your computer and removes existing spyware so you can surf the Web safely.
- Stops hackers: protects and conceals your computer from hackers so you can surf the Internet safely.
- Guards important files stored on your computer, and helps prevent your computer from crashing.
- Automatically monitors incoming and outgoing Internet activity, looking for suspicious applications and data.
- Improves your computer's performance by removing clutter and freeing disk space.
- Provides advance warning to help you avoid sites that send spam, install adware, or attempt online scams.
- Redesigned for you: Scan your computer, check for updates, and configure your security settings using the new McAfee SecurityCenter. This essential, easy-to-use program gives you one-click access to your computer's security information.
- Always on, always protecting: 24/7 virus and threat protection from McAfee AVERT Labs continuously monitors worldwide virus activities and provides immediate, anti-virus protection and removal solutions.
- Always upgrading, always updating: Daily updates are installed automatically. When a new version of McAfee is available, you get it automatically at no charge during your subscription, ensuring that you always have up-to-date protection.
- Convenient, ongoing protection: McAfee offers a variety of renewal options to keep your McAfee protection current.
- Real people, real help: support from McAfee's computer-security experts, via Internet chat, email and phone (www.mcafeehelp.com).
- New! Integrated anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall technologies work together to combat today's sophisticated, multi-pronged attacks.
- Improved! Spyware protection detects, blocks, and removes spyware and adware.
- New! Complete inbound and outbound firewall protection automatically trusts known good applications and helps blocks spyware, Trojans, and key loggers.
- New! McAfee SystemGuards watches your computer for specific behaviors that may signal virus, spyware, or hacker activity.
- New! McAfee X-Ray for Windows detects and kills rootkits and other malicious applications that hide from Windows and other anti-virus programs.
- New! McAfee SiteAdvisor adds safety ratings to sites and search-engine results based on comprehensive spam, adware, and online scam safety tests.
- New! Stealth mode can hide your presence on the Internet, making your computer invisible to hackers.
- Improved! McAfee SecurityCenter makes it simple to review your computer's security status, check for updates, and fix potential security issues.
Top customer reviews
Then I ordered McAfee. It arrived quickly. It installed easily. And now it's working beautifully. No problems at all.
I was concerned that the box said there were conflicts with Ad-Aware and Spybot Search & Destroy. We run both of those programs and we still do. We have not noticed conflicts, so I hope they are not reducing McAfee's effectiveness. I do not think it is wise of McAfee to have a built-in conflict with two such extremely popular anti-spyware programs.
I would tell McAfee this directly, but as I said they do not have good customer service.