Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on January 30, 2018
I bought what appeared to be the same bottle at a grocery store several years ago and recently ran out of that bottle. It was darker in color, smelled better, and said something on the bottle about 41% or 42% alcohol. The bottle I purchased in Jan 2018 has different ingredients "vanilla extractives in water?" and doesn't state the alcohol content. Maybe there was some regulatory change in labeling, but it also has less "kick" when I lick the teaspoon after pouring. I really don't think it's the same.

My bottle's ingredients are NOT the same as the picture here on Amazon.

I know the price of vanilla beans has risen astronomically, but I'm willing to pay for good vanilla and trusted McCormick not to cheapen their product. Disappointed.
review imagereview image
on November 2, 2013
I actually didn't buy this for baking. Try this. Heat your oven to about 325 degrees, put a few capfuls of this stuff in an oven-safe bowl and just throw it in the oven for an hour. Your house will smell like little angels have visited it. Hmm, I'm dispensing cleaning advice on Amazon now, when did I get so old? :-(
66 comments| 188 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon April 28, 2013
This review is from: McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract-16 OZ (Grocery)
On the front label it says, "No corn syrup." The ingredients say vanilla extract in water and alcohol, and the alcohol is 40%.

This is like the Madagascar vanilla extract except it has 40% alcohol instead of 35%, but on the other hand the Madagascar variety has sugar and this doesn't.

There is really no way to be sure how much vanilla is in here. One reviewer wrote that it was thick, poured slowly. That's ridiculous though. It flows like water but it is dark.

It's great that this isn't loaded with sugar but not good that it has so much alcohol, in my opinion.
Why no voting buttons? We don't let customers vote on their own reviews, so the voting buttons appear only when you look at reviews submitted by others.
on July 19, 2016
2 bottles of McCormick (good brand) vanilla extract, at a good price, delievered 2 days after I ordered them, via Amazon Prime. Couldn't have asked for more!! And cheaper than I had been paying at my local Costco, which stopped carrying the Kirkland brand of Vanilla extract.
on February 15, 2017
I purchased this Vanilla few years ago. Fantastic of course I paid allot less for it. good price. It was like 1/2 the price, would have liked to get the same price.
But there is nothing like McCormick Vanilla. It's the Best. Would recommend it to both Family and Friends. Thank you Mary Lou
on July 12, 2015
There is something not quite the same between this and the McCormick vanilla that comes in the smaller bottles. Maybe because it's stored in plastic? Slightly cheaper ingredients? Anyway, the taste is slightly off -- not bad, just off. Fine if you're making cookies for the Boy Scout Jamboree. For more delicate items on a smaller scale I'd look elsewhere.
on January 30, 2018
I’ve been using McCormick vanilla extract since I was a kid and learned to bake on my own, and have never been disappointed in this brand. I’ve never had any faulty bottles or inconsistencies in the extract itself, so I plan to continue with McCormick being my go-to brand until that changes!
on May 12, 2013
When it comes to vanilla nothing is as good as vanilla bean or powder. However vanilla extract is expensive in stores! This is by far the best price! 12$ at the grocery store might get you 6 oz of McCormick vanilla so definitely order through Amazon. I go through vanilla like nobody's business and unless you want to use imitation (which has some pretty nasty ingredients) use this and order it through Amazon. The only other place I've seen a price this good is at wholesale clubs, but their price on vanilla isn't worth the membership.

I make my own vanilla extract, but often run out and even only keeping this one as a back up I go through 2 of these bottles a year. It's not like vanilla goes bad!
22 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 31, 2018
What can I say. It is Mc Cormick Pure Vanilla Extract. It is expensive these days. It tastes just like I remember it always tasting. I buy the big bottle because our family seems to use it a lot.
on March 2, 2017
I keep buying this, so that says a lot. I bake as much as I can, and I love to share what I've baked, so buying in greater quantities saves me a little $$$.