McDavid 6440 HEX Padded Knee/ Shin/ Elbow Sleeve
|Price:||$20.95 - $39.00|
- Nylon construction designed for football, lacrosse, not recommended for court sports
- Size and Circumference: XS: 7.5-9", S: 9-12", M: 12-16", L: 16-20", XL: 20-23", XXL: 23"+
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
(2) As you exercise, your body produces perspiration to cool itself and this perspiration condenses on your skin and builds up heat and discomfort.
(3) Moisture is pulled away from the skin by the wicking ability of HydraVent hDc, so your skin remains cooler and drier, and your body's temperature management system can do its job more effectively.
(4) Once the fabric absorbs the moisture, it is spread rapidly across a broader surface area for faster evaporation, and this evaporation draws heat out of the body.
(5) Finally, when moisture is one molecule thick, HydraVent hDc starts its drying process, allowing for a consistent and rapid moisture transport ability over a long use time.
Hexpad Technology is a patented padding system that permanently bonds dozens of individual athletic pads into fabrics. Because the pads are individually applied, they move with and conform to the body for continuous protection that isn't bulky or restricting. The material is machine washable.
McDavid offers a range of sports medicine products based on protection and support levels. Each level provides soft tissue support through compression, and may promote healing through therapeutic heat.
- Protection Level I, Primary:
- General purpose protection
- Minor pain, sprains, and instability
- Relief from arthritis, bursitis, and tendonitis
- Protection Level II, Advanced:
- Minor to moderate protection
- Slight ligament instabilities or pain
- Offers more protection than simple sleeves
- Protection Level III, Maximum:
- Ultimate in protection
- Moderate to major instabilities and pain
- Provides the maximum level of support
In 1969, Dr. Robert F. McDavid, operating out of a basement in Bellwood, Illinois, developed what became the first widely used lateral protective knee brace in football. Today, the company manufactures more than 400 products for athletes and active people of all ages, designed to help prevent injury while enhancing performance. The company is the most recommended brand of braces among sports medical professionals, and an industry leader in sports medical products and technical performance athletic wear.
Top Customer Reviews
Size - Circumference
XS - 7.5-9" or 18-23cm
S - 9-12" or 23-31cm
M - 12-16" or 31-41cm
L - 16-20" or 41-51cm
XL - 20-23" or 51-59cm
XXL - 23" + or 59cm +
Comfort feels ok for my elbows but may return it to fit for my knees :)
Although I'm writing this review from the perspective of a soccer player, I think my critique would be helpful for other applications: home improvement projects, automotive repair, construction, hunting, snowboarding, volleyball, among others. As my team's soccer goalie, I've cycled through several different brands of knee pads to protect myself from hard dives to the turf. What I've discovered is that each brand of knee pad presents varying trade-offs between three factors:
1) PROTECTION. If your primary concern is protecting your knees from impacts with the field, turf or hardwood playing surfaces, then you'll want to select a bulkier knee pad -- either one with very thick padding, or perhaps even one with a hard outer shell. Those types of bulky knee pads do a great job with protection, but the trade-off is that their bulk tends to affect your freedom of movement, your overall mobility.
2) COVERAGE AREA. Sometimes the impact will occur right above or below or to the side of your knee cap. Ideally, you want the knee pad to provide at least some degree of protection to the immediate area surrounding your knee cap.
3) FIT & FEEL. This is a key factor that is often overlooked. The last thing you want to be doing is readjusting the position of your knee pad after every sprint, slide tackle, or impact with the ground. And what if the play is continuing and you don't have time to readjust them? In that instance, with your knee pad askew, it won't even provide you with proper protection and coverage -- which defeats the entire purpose of wearing them!Read more ›
They make an immediate and marked difference for me. They are an excellent layer of protection - especially at races when the crawling is done on concrete or rocky ground - and a huge knee saver.
I do have to pull them down over my calfs when running, or doing other obstacles - as the mud and gravel / rock gets behind them, and they can irritate if left on too long (for example, if you wear them for a Spartan Beast length event) - but shorter 5k races they were great in place the whole time.
Finally, the stitching on them failed - after several races, and being pulled up and down a whole bunch. I had the L size, and just repurchased them in XL.
When I ordered it was unclear to me if these came individually or as a pair - to clarify, you get a pair.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These are comfortable and stay where they should. Light weight and not bulky, so easy to wear.Published 10 days ago by James G, Fraser
A little smaller than what the size chart indicates, but all in all a great product!Published 17 days ago by SerenitysChaos