McDavid 6440 HEX Padded Knee/ Shin/ Elbow Sleeve
|Price:||$18.04 - $110.23|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
- Our products will provid in protecting and helping reduct the incidence of injury
- Supports your return to activity and enhance performance
- Made using the highest quality and most innovative technology and materials
- Note:If at the top of the size chart select the next size up
- Nylon construction designed for football, lacrosse, not recommended for court sports
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Would you like to give feedback on images?
Top Customer Reviews
Size - Circumference
XS - 7.5-9" or 18-23cm
S - 9-12" or 23-31cm
M - 12-16" or 31-41cm
L - 16-20" or 41-51cm
XL - 20-23" or 51-59cm
XXL - 23" + or 59cm +
Comfort feels ok for my elbows but may return it to fit for my knees :)
Although I'm writing this review from the perspective of a soccer player, I think my critique would be helpful for other applications: home improvement projects, automotive repair, construction, hunting, snowboarding, volleyball, among others. As my team's soccer goalie, I've cycled through several different brands of knee pads to protect myself from hard dives to the turf. What I've discovered is that each brand of knee pad presents varying trade-offs between three factors:
1) PROTECTION. If your primary concern is protecting your knees from impacts with the field, turf or hardwood playing surfaces, then you'll want to select a bulkier knee pad -- either one with very thick padding, or perhaps even one with a hard outer shell. Those types of bulky knee pads do a great job with protection, but the trade-off is that their bulk tends to affect your freedom of movement, your overall mobility.
2) COVERAGE AREA. Sometimes the impact will occur right above or below or to the side of your knee cap. Ideally, you want the knee pad to provide at least some degree of protection to the immediate area surrounding your knee cap.
3) FIT & FEEL. This is a key factor that is often overlooked. The last thing you want to be doing is readjusting the position of your knee pad after every sprint, slide tackle, or impact with the ground. And what if the play is continuing and you don't have time to readjust them? In that instance, with your knee pad askew, it won't even provide you with proper protection and coverage -- which defeats the entire purpose of wearing them!Read more ›
They make an immediate and marked difference for me. They are an excellent layer of protection - especially at races when the crawling is done on concrete or rocky ground - and a huge knee saver.
I do have to pull them down over my calfs when running, or doing other obstacles - as the mud and gravel / rock gets behind them, and they can irritate if left on too long (for example, if you wear them for a Spartan Beast length event) - but shorter 5k races they were great in place the whole time.
Finally, the stitching on them failed - after several races, and being pulled up and down a whole bunch. I had the L size, and just repurchased them in XL.
When I ordered it was unclear to me if these came individually or as a pair - to clarify, you get a pair.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Item arrived and both knee pads not only have been worn, but BOTH have a hole in them. Returning asap.Published 3 hours ago by MarBo
Really comfortable but after 3rd time wearing them they got holes in the fabric. Thicker material needs to be used on the front of them.Published 4 hours ago by Mama Krit
These are best pads for Karate and Aikido practice on hard surface. If you do a lot of suwari work, they will start breaking down after couple of months on hard surface but that's... Read morePublished 3 days ago by Alex
keep rolling down behind knee... cant use in gym, not comfortable... Not a good purchase.Published 4 days ago by Carlo A.
So far so good, they seem to be holding up on the first few times I've used them. Fit a bit snug, I would have though the X-Large would be a little loose on me.Published 7 days ago by Johny B
Light and flexible, this knee pad works much better than others that I have used.Published 7 days ago by Eunice Chan