Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The McGraw-Hill 36-Hour Course: Online Marketing (McGraw-Hill 36-Hour Courses) Paperback – January 18, 2011
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
About the Author
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $2.99 (Save 70%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Top Customer Reviews
The book begins with three Online Marketing Rules. Rule #3 states "You have conquered all three rules by picking up this book. Don't let it go!" Huh? That's rule number three?
The author promises "36 action-packed hours that will lead you to web greatness." The rationalization for this is that the "Web phenomena Facebook started with only a few hours of very simple programming (honestly), and now has a valuation in the billions of dollars." Huh? Maybe I missed the point, but I seriously doubt Facebook is the result of "only a few hours of very simple programming."
In describing Chapter 8 the author says "Search Engine Optimization delves into SEO." Isn't this like saying "Search engine optimization delves into search engine optimization?" The author then says "You will also learn how social media (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc) can boost SEO for total web domination." I'm not sure "total web domination" fits with the authors' other remarks in the book about online marketing being primarily about creating valuable relationships, but it seems out of place. I also don't think it's true.Read more ›
Don't expect to dig deep or master any of the techniques.
However, if you're new to this, it's a good introduction to get you on the path of what to learn.
Lorrie covers all the components of online marketing:
* Content Marketing
* Social Media marketing
* Web Analytics
* Search Engine Optimization
* Online Advertising
* Email marketing
* Online public relations.
For each component, Lorrie shares best practices, real-life examples and resources. I've been doing online marketing for several years and I've learned some new things from this book. This is also the first time I've read a clear explanation of web analytics and search engine optimization.
Why this book is so powerful:
* the online marketing components are presented in a very clear and easy to understand format. There's no technical jargon; Lorrie writes for the business person, not the technology person.
* the emphasis on setting your strategy before jumping into the tactics. Setting up online accounts like Twitter is very easy; it's your strategy that will determine if you're successful.
* the tactical steps help you get started. For example, Lorrie reviews the pros and cons of self-hosting a blog.
* the material is reinforced by the questions at the end of every chapter. There's even an online test to further reinforce your knowledge!
* the hard copy book is great for reference. I'll definitely keep this book on my desk.
* the listing of additional online resources for each marketing component.
* the final chapter on putting it all together. This chapter includes a sample timeline for getting started, examples of goals and measures of success.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book has helped many of our clients succeed in the challenging world of eCommerce internet companies. Read morePublished 20 days ago by Andy Manalis
This book gives a lot of information, This is a book you can help you years down the roadPublished 2 months ago by David J Bahakel
exactly what i needed for class, better price than the bookstore too, thanks!Published 6 months ago by Angela Sandage
This is a great book if you are 6. Anyone 8 or older, please don't bother. It was a total waste of my time. Everything in this book can be find online, for free.Published 16 months ago by Ashish Markanday
Good one. Provides a good foundational treatment of online marketing end to end. Brings it all together with a daily plan a the end of the book. Read morePublished on September 9, 2014 by Robin