Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Nothing More GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 39 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 48 reviews
on June 28, 2011
I ordered this book to help students get a lot of practice with taking ACT tests. The English and Math sections are pretty close to the difficulty of the real ACT. The Reading and Science sections are little easier particularly the Reading. The passages are much shorter and the questions are much easier than on the real ACT. The Science is a little better and does a good job testing basic skills needed but is a little easier.
on August 1, 2017
Teenage gran-daughter loves it . Very pleased!
on March 1, 2014
The book has errors.
I ve done the first English test in the book and have seen a few mistakes already.
Examples :
Question 26 --> the explanations do not correlate with other authoritative sources
Question 65 --> editing mistake in, either, the correction or the test (with "however" replaced by "therefore")

That is just for memory there might be more though in this first English test the book provides.

NONETHELESS, It is a good book to practice with for speed i believe.
on June 17, 2014
I tutored 2 students using the 10 practice tests for Math. Bt the end of the 10 tests, they were getting 25s, and increased their scores a few points. Practice definitely helped them improve. Their actual scores were 20 & 22 and they were upset. One was even embarrassed to tell me her score. I felt so bad for them. We will work together again using the practice tests in The Real ACT Prep Guide in hopes to increase their scores. Even though there are 10 tests, I wouldn't waste money on this book.
on December 6, 2014
This book has wonderful practices tests in it. The key to the ACT is practice. I made my son take one test every week and it paid off when he got a 34 on his ACT. I bought my son 3-4 ACT books, this one being one of them. The reading passages aren't as long as the ones on the real ACT so be sure you get a variety of ACT books. In the end, I can't really complain about the book too much. There might be a few typos here and there but that's basically it.
on April 13, 2014
I am really disappointed with this book. Any body who makes a 25-27 on the real test will make a 36 on the tests in this book. That is very misleading for the students, and this will give them a false notion of how much they can make on the test.
on June 8, 2013
The book contains easy sections and very hard sections. They never really found a middle point. The first math section was COPYIED from the official guide that I used before this book. I really wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Try the official guide or Barron's ACT 6.
on March 30, 2015
This book is excellent to get students ready for the ACT. Gives many practice problems that will help them do well on the ACT.
on February 10, 2011
Great practice to help anyone preparing to take the ACT! Take a test here, go to a self-help book or tutoring for types of questions causing difficulty, then take a different form of the test. I use it for part of my high school SAT/ACT prep course. So glad to have more help for assisting my students with the ACT. Be ready to take the ACT confidently!
on August 11, 2015
Handy to use for prep work - we tore it apart to simulate the experience.