|Item Weight||3 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||9 x 17 x 10 inches|
|Item model number||22217-1|
|Size||Length: 18.1" Width: 9.9" Height: 8.4" Weight: 3.4" pounds|
|Color||As the picture shown|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $8.07 shipping
McGuire Nicholas 22217-1 Universal Tote 16-Inch Tool Bag
|Price:||$39.85 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Rigid frame with padded handle for comfort
- Multiple inner and outer pockets for tool organization
- Top straps designed to secure 2-foot level or blueprints
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- Made from durable Polyester Toughwear material, perfect for jobsites
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
This item McGuire Nicholas 22217-1 Universal Tote 16-Inch Tool Bag
McGuire-Nicholas 22015 15-Inch Collapsible Tote
Custom LeatherCraft 1529 16-Pocket, 16-Inch Center Tray Tool Bag
Custom LeatherCraft 1539 Multi-Compartment 50 Pocket Tool Bag
Craftsman 12 in. Tool Bag Tote Red
DEWALT DG5597 18-Inch Open-top Tool Carrier
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Great Brands USA||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Embie Industries||Factory Authorized Outlet|
|Item Dimensions||17 x 9 x 10 in||7.48 x 14.96 x 9.84 in||16 x 9 x 9 in||14 x 18 x 7 in||11 x 12 x 10 in||11.5 x 15 x 17.8 in|
Extra large 16" wide nylon Plumbers/carpenter's bag with metal frame, soft padded carry handle & shoulder strap.
From the Manufacturer
This McGuire Nicholas 22217 Universal Tote 16-Inch Tool Bag starts with a rigid frame to hold a variety of tools and has a padded handle for comfort of carrying. The multiple pockets inside and out allow complete organization. There's even 2 outer straps to secure a 2' level or blueprints. The included shoulder strap is adjustable for convenience. The durable Polyester Toughwear material is perfect for jobsites.
Top customer reviews
If you need many individual pockets to store small hand tools, then the McGuire tote bag should be your choice. If you are looking for a very sturdy bag to carry portable circular saw or screw gun with some pockets for heavier knick knack stuff, then I would definitely go with the Husky bag.
As for how durable this tote is, I have not placed it in harms way nor exposed it to rough environments as of yet, so I can't speak for its strength. The carrying bar in the middle is not removable so tall items will either be a bit awkward to retrieve or impractical to fit on the inside. The other pockets all seem to be well put together and the carrying strap is also well made.
If you are looking for a convenient, economical, and well made tote for medium usage, this product should be ideal!
- Lightweight yet very strong design, material. 15-20lbs of tools laying on the bottom hardly create a sag, and there's no tears or rips after some abuse.
***Edit: Ironically, 3 days after leaving this review I had the first seam failure with the bag on one of it's outside pockets. Partially my fault though as I had that pocket jammed fairly full with small pliers.
- The shoulder strap is adjustable, removable, and the padding is comfortable and more than adequate even carrying 20+ lbs of tools.
- There's lots of varying sized pockets on both sides inside, on one side outside, and on one end (for short, skinnier items such as pencils/short screwdriver/wrench etc.)
- Open, spacious design makes finding and grabbing tools -nearly- effortless..see con-plaint below
- Love the tape measurer clip and level straps
- The price is outstanding. This tote on Amazon was ~30 dollars cheaper than a inferior, similarily designed tote.
- Overall, the construction and materials are superb.
- The pockets on the inner and outer sides are quite shallow (about 3.5-4") so this creates limitations on what tools I can place in them and are prone to losing/dropping things if I put too large a tool in
- The loops/rings on the upper ends (intended for screwdrivers etc) are too large for the shanks of drivers and some handles of tools (such as pliers) to be adequately snug (ie not jostle around and fall over/out).. yet at the same time they're too small for some of the handles. A design flaw and minor inconvenience I guess. It's just annoying after a while to take the (seconds) time to tediously stretch the loops around the handles every time I put a screwdriver/chisel back in it's home.
- Padding on handle, even though it seems to be of high quality material, has developed minor cracks/tears. It'll be easy to replace when the time comes, though.
- One whole side is absolutely wasted space. sad face.
Overall I'm pleased with this tote and it has served me well. The minor flaws it possesses are easy to look past and manage especially when considering the materials strength and durability. I've had some tool bags that began to rip and tear after a couple months, and were not nearly as comfortable to lug around. After some trials and tribulations during the first month or so of owning it, I've filled every pocket with tools I use often.
*UPDATE Edit 12-27-2012
- Although one more outside pocket seam has failed, along with one inside, this is still my main tool bag after 1.75 years of abuse. It's developed a little more of a sag due to me stuffing 20+ lbs of tools and materials day to day. The handle pad is still comfortable enough despite having diminished in size and plushness.
You don't have to look any further