- Paperback: 416 pages
- Publisher: Wadsworth Publishing; 13 edition (January 1, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0495809292
- ISBN-13: 978-0495809296
- Product Dimensions: 5.8 x 0.8 x 8.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 63 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #233,159 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
McKeachie's Teaching Tips: Strategies, Research, and Theory for College and University Teachers 13th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
About This Edition
From the Publisher
- A new chapter on feedback and assessment provides recommendations on how to improve the quality of teacher feedback comments, and discusses ways of ensuring that these comments have maximum impact on learning.
- Testing chapters have been condensed into one streamlined chapter, as have the technology chapters, allowing the book to maintain its handy pocket-sized length while incorporating new information.
- All of the chapters have been updated to include new developments in technologies and instructional strategies that have become more prominent since the last edition.
- Guest-authored chapters offer advice and instruction from renowned educators, including Peter Elbow and Mary Deane Sorcinelli on writing, Jane Halonen on teaching thinking, and Brian P. Coppola on laboratory instruction.
- Technology coverage includes topics such as the use of Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides, plagiarism, and effective Web research.
- Additional important coverage includes experiential learning, recent policy shifts, diversity and gender issues, and standards and accountability.
Further reference for this edition:
Download a Transition Guide for the 13th Edition of McKeachie's Teaching Tips.
About the Author
Wilbert J. McKeachie is Professor Emeritus and former chair of the Department of Psychology at the University of Michigan. He is also a research scientist and past director of the University of Michigan Center for Research on Learning and Teaching. He has served as president of the American Psychological Association and of the American Association for Higher Education. He has also served as chair of the Committee on College and University Teaching, Research, and Publication of the American Association of University Professors. He speaks at workshops and conferences around the world and has published numerous articles in the United States and internationally.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It gives good strategies, decent research, but not-so-great theory for college and university teachers (what I am) which is why I docked it 2 stars.
I appreciate the new views on teaching McKeachie brings, but some of it comes off a little pedantic and pretentious.
McKeachie? More like McPreachie.
Anyhow, buy the book...or not.
- Professor S.T.