Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 51 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 53 reviews
on October 23, 2013
At my new job, I was told that I could get a computer bag. I was told to look at some other store's online web site where our company had an account. I found this bag listed for about $50 more on that site. I wasn't happy with the selection or reviews, so I checked online reviews and also checked Amazon. I finally settled on this bag based on many reviews that I read. Amazon's price was about $50 less, so I convinced my boss to let me buy it here with free shipping! The bag arrived sooner than promised and in great condition. It has a very comfortable strap, which is something many other bags don't have. It looks very professional and the leather is top notch. My boss purchased a different brand and was not happy with the number of pockets. He will be jealous when he sees all of the pockets that I got in this high, quality bag. I use it daily to take my computer to/from work and I bought it with plans to carry it onto airplanes and store it under the seat in front of my feet. I checked the size restrictions before buying it, and this one is the perfect size. I highly recommend this bag. And it's a great deal at this price. I am so impressed with it that I would not hesitate to purchase one as a gift for a friend.
on June 17, 2015
I just received my bag today. And I must say that I'm very impressed. I'm impressed with the grade of leather considering the price. I'm impressed with the looks. I'm a lawyer so I want to look great in front of clients and opposing counsel when I enter the courtroom.

I have not tested the laptop compartment yet as I have to replace my laptop that was recently stolen.

When I first opened the box, I thought the bag looked a little small. I was thinking that it won't fit the reference materials I need to carry with me when I work away from the office. But I managed to store three pretty thick books before unzipping the expansion. After doing that, I was able to store all 5 of my most used reference books, each over a thousand pages. If I wanted to store a laptop, I could have done that, too, since I did not use the laptop compartment to store the books. I never need to lug around all 5 books. I just wanted to see how much I could comfortably stuff inside the bag. The shoulder strap is padded and very comfortable. However, as some have noted, I have no idea how long the rings on the strap will hold up, especially when pushing your bag to the limit by stuffing your entire office into it.

All in all, great purchase and I would highly recommend to anyone needing a great professional look at work!
on August 26, 2013
I'm very pleased with the sturdy leather construction of the case. The layout of the pockets and dividers allows for organized storage of many items. Being able to securely slip this case over the handle of a piece of rolling luggage is a great help while traveling. The case looks very good, but it gives up a little in appearance to allow it to have so much storage capacity. The zipper placement on the front pocket makes it a little hard to get into, but it does look nice. The metal that the shoulder strap snaps and D rings are made of appears to be very cheep and I'm concerned about how well it will hold up.

In summary: Great features and functionality, good looks, questionable hardware.
on June 6, 2016
So I have had a vinyl Samsonite bag for a while and the material was starting to tear and wear. My President of my company has had a nice leather bag that he loves. He told me it was a McKlein. I went on Amazon and checked them out. A little pricy, but it is made in the USA and it is good quality. I figured I would give it a shot. Then it arrived!!! What a great bag. Shipping was fast and it looked great right out of the package. I can't wait to use it for my next business trip. Zippers and strap are good quality and the leather feels very nice and looks sturdy. I will see how it holds up over time. I expect it should hold up well. Very pleased.
on March 26, 2012
First, the leather of the bag is very nice. It's soft and supple.. like one would get in an expensive leather jacket.

And it appears to be nicely made. The stitching is all accurate and solid.

The compartments are laid out nicely and make sense. The smaller internal pockets and key attachment are also good.

The carry-strap is good quality with a choice of materials to have on your shoulder.

I have a 17.3 inch monitor on my laptop, and it fits - just barely.

Time will tell how this wears with transit and travel. Now that I've purchased one, I notice other people's similar bags. Some of them look pretty bad - all scratched and marred up. The soft leather is really nice, but not good for standing up to travel wear and tear. Now that I've purchased this really nice bag... I'm not sure I would again. Maybe cordura is more appropriate for the product in general... But I digress...

Overall, a well-made and well designed laptop bag with leather that will not disappoint.
on August 5, 2012
This bag is sturdy and able to carry a great deal of office things. I wish there was a bit more padding for the laptop, but I can live with this minor issue, It has several compartments and places to house different sized articles needed for every day office work. It is a great bag and it looks professional so that taking it to meetings is not a concern.
on January 5, 2013
This briefcase met all my expectations upon arrival. I purchased it as a birthday gift for my husband, whose current briefcase was over five years old and looking pretty sad. As my husband always carries his laptop with him when he travels, this briefcase will serve him better than the previous as it was less sturdy. There is plenty of room and pockets for what he needs in the McKlein briefcase. I had searched really hard through all the Amazon briefcases and found this one to meet the requirements. Again, upon arrival, I was more than satisfied, especially when I saw his smile as he opened this gift on his birthday.
on July 23, 2014
I ordered this for my husband whose last leather briefcase had gone kaput. He insists on carrying way too many documents back and forth and needs a really large bag (I try to get him to use DropBox or Google Docs but you can't teach an old dog new tricks). He also insists on carrying his laptop back and forth and used to lug around two really large briefcases for both. This case was large enough for all of his documents and the laptop. He really loves it and so far it's holding up well to the overload of stuff that is piled inside.
on August 6, 2013
I have a very demanding job and requires me to be at different offices daily. I've had this bag for 3 months now and have tested well and can validate this bag is very durable. I've actually had several other co-workers inquire about the briefcase. No regrets!

Thanks
on January 4, 2015
Looks very nice, supple leather, sturdy zippers, LOTS of room. My MacBook Pro fits easily. I would have preferred plain grey zipper pulls rather than the garish chrome. Beware the zipper under one set of side pockets; I filled the pocket not knowing it was open at the bottom and could have lost a valuable thumb drive; odd design that. Durability remains to be seen, but I'm confident it will last a long time.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse