McLane 101-4.75GT-7 9-Inch Gas Powered Lawn Edger, 5.50 Gross Torque B&S Engine 7" Wheels
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 4.75 Gross Torque Engine
- 7-inch wheels
- Single level blade clutch and depth control
- Made in the USA
- Non-CARB Compliant/Not For Sale In California
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
From the Manufacturer
McLane - manufacturing the best quality, precision cutting lawn and garden equipment since 1946. The McLane facility covers over 75,000 square feet in the city of Paramount, CA. McLane produces reel mowers, green mowers, rotary mowers, and edgers. All edgers are made of heavy duty steel frames with dual cutterhead bearings for smooth cutting. Smooth live rubber replaceable tires and chip resistant baked on powder coated paint. McLane has many dealers and distributors located nation wide for your convenience. For a McLane dealer in your area please contact us by phone at (562) 633-8158 or email email@example.com.
Top Customer Reviews
UPDATE: I contacted Amazon after writing the below review and they fixed my problem. I am a satisfied customer. Apparently, the item was damaged by the shipper.
I am very disappointed in this MCLANE trimmer. When it arrived we put it together, added gas and oil and pulled the recoil on the BRIGGS & STRATTON engine. The string pulled out but did not recoil and, thus, now won’t start. I called McLane for service and left a message for a return call TWICE and no one called back. I called again and someone answered the phone and said they would get someone to call back. The person called back and said we would have to take the trimmer to another city to have the spring repaired so it will recoil. This trimmer was not cheap and the expectation was that it would work for many years. I have been incredibly inconvenienced by this process and now will have to take off work to get it fixed during the hours the shop is open.
I did a fair amount of research prior to purchase, and this one seemed like the best combination of features and price for what I need. So far, I haven't been disappointed. It was pretty well packaged. It took about 20 minutes to get it ready to use, which consisted of mounting the top part of the handle, attaching the throttle cable and engagement rod, and filling the oil and gas tanks. It started on the third pull, and I ran it in idle for about 10 minutes prior to putting a load on the engine. It's a solid machine and once I figured out the settings, I had my 300+ ft of edging done very quickly.
* Solid machine at a really good price. Much better price than anything local for comparable equipment
* Fast delivery - even without Prime I had it within about a week
* Easy to handle. My wife had no problem with handling the machine, even going through very thick sod and clay
* Lots of power
* Easy to start. After the first time, it started usually on the first pull.
* Pretty flexible/versatile. A broad range of depths of cut is at your fingertips. You can also change the cutting angle, which was vital for us with curbs and lots of landscaping.
* Really runs pretty quiet
* The manual was a bit spartan. I'm pretty mechanical-oriented, so I was able to figure it out (obviously), but some people might find it to be a challenge to figure out the assembly instructions.
* Filling the oil is a pain. Yes, there are two filling locations, but even after purchasing a cheap flexible oil-full spout ($1.5 at the auto parts store), it still is a long ways from convenient. I haven't changed the oil yet, so I don't know how that will go.
* Due to the size of the blade, it can be a challenge to go around curves such as around flower beds. Not a major issue, but takes some practice to get it right.
* (minor) I wasted about 10 minutes looking for the sixth handle-attachment bolt. I finally found it inside one of the rubber/foam handle covers! All of the parts were packaged in one large bag. (Seriously McLane - you can't put the bolts in a separate baggie??) Oh well, at least I didn't have to go buy a bolt, so I'm not complaining too much here.
Overall, I'd give it five stars, except for the oil fill and the manual being difficult to follow.
The only issue I have is with the throttle cable, it is very flimsy and actually broke away from the engine area (a plastic piece that connects the cable). I can probably fix this myself as I am pretty handy but it is brand new so why should I have to. The alternative is to just manually adjust the throttle that is located above the choke, in my opinion this is just as simple to do as pushing the little red throttle cable lever. I will give McLane a call to see what they have to say but over-all this is a great edger. I would have given this a 5 star rating if it weren't for the throttle issue.