McLintock! (Authentic Collector's Edition)
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The picture is fascinating as an attempt to adjust and update the Duke as all-American icon. Rancher George Washington McLintock owns most of the town that bears his name, but James Edward Grant's screenplay is at didactic pains to establish the benevolence and socio-political enlightenment of his reign. G.W.'s former Indian foes have become his pals, he enjoys nothing so much as playing chess with his Jewish merchant buddy (Jack Kruschen), and he's tolerant--as his fellow landowners are not--of the homesteaders crowding into the territory. In what now seems like prescience about where things were headed in the 1960s, he even does his best to achieve rapport with (gasp!) impatient youth.
McLintock! was the first movie produced by eldest son Michael Wayne, and the first major assignment for director Andrew V. McLaglen (son of Quiet Man costar Victor). It steals like a bandit from a host of much better movies, but the Duke's great good humor and professionalism redoubtably anchor the proceedings. --Richard T. Jameson
- Commentaries by Leonard Maltin, Frank Thompson, Maureen O'Hara, Stefanie Powers, Michael Pate, Michael Wayne and Andrew McLaglen
- Special Introduction by Leonard Maltin
- The Batjac Story: The Legacy of Michael Wayne
- Maureen O'Hara and Stefanie Powers Remember McLintock!
- A Good Ol' Fashion Fight
- 2 Minute Flight School
- Wrap Up with Leonard Maltin
- Corsets: Don't Leave Home Without It
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Batjac Teaser
Top Customer Reviews
I noticed that reviews on the two dvd's are being mixed together, and making it difficult for others to distinguish between the wonderful feedback of the former to that of the God awful latter dvd.
Please do not confuse consumer complaints, and their one star reviews about the quality of the DVD and or picture, with the QUALITY of this DVD version. "McLintock! (Authentic Collector's Edition)" is one of John Wayne's best movies, combining comedy--for which Wayne was not well recognized--and western genres. "McClintock (The Family Authorized Edition)(VHS)" was the second John Wayne movie ("Stagecoach [VHS]," his finest, being the first) I showed my three sons as I introduced each of them to the wonder of the greatest film star of all time. While I feel that "The Quiet Man (60th Anniversary Special Edition) [Blu-ray]" (additionally see: "...Read more ›
I saw it issued for the second time on Blu Ray and this time "authorized' and from original film elements was added... so I took a chance and Voila! This is the edition to get on Blu Ray... staggeringly better than the recent Olive Blu ray and this one also has all the fun bonus features the authorized Paramount DVD release had from a few years back.
A fun film, directed by under appreciated Andrew V McLaglen and featuring a young Stefanie Powers... to boot. I think you know about this movie if you are looking at reviews I wanted to weigh in and let fans know to ONLY buy the authentic Collector's Editions on Blu Ray... avoid OLIVE's version...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A fun movie to watch, John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara, you can't go wrong with these two as stars of the movie!Published 2 days ago by Shopper52
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Classics
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > Special Editions
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Romance
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Westerns
- Movies & TV > John Wayne Store > 1960s
- Movies & TV > John Wayne Store > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Classics
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials