Other Sellers on Amazon
McMurdo Fast Find 220 PLB – Programmed for US Registration
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- This Personal Locator Beacon is pre-programmed for registration with the US country code. Whilst it will function anywhere around the world, the initial point of contact during an emergency situation would be the US Search & Rescue authorities with whom the PLB would be registered.
- If you are purchasing from outside the US, please purchase our alternative listing for 'McMurdo Fast Find 220 PLB Programming for Rest of World'. We include at no charge a reprogramming service on this alternative listing to ensure the device can be registered in the country of your choice
- Registering your Personal Locator Beacon is required by law in most countries. Registering is very important because should your beacon ever be activated, it is how Search and Rescue Teams will know who you are, and contacts provided may be able to supply information about your specific travel plans. In the absence of this information, it may take longer for a search-and-rescue operation to begin.
- PLBs have been proven, tried and tested in some of the world's most remote locations and treacherous conditions. Even in extreme conditions and situations, the FastFind 220 activates easily. Just deploy the antenna, pull the anti-tamper seal and press the ON button.
- This PLB should only be used in situations of grave and imminent danger to life. False alerts endanger lives and cause expensive disruption to Search & Rescue services. Deliberate misuse of the device could result in a penalty.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
DeLorme AG-008727-201 InReach Explorer Two Way Satellite Communicator with Built in Navigation
Garmin inReach SE+
Garmin inReach Explorer+ GPS Bundle w/ Car Charger, Micro USB, Gadget Bag and more
Garmin GPSMAP 64st, TOPO U.S. 100K with High-Sensitivity GPS and GLONASS Receiver
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Global Telesat Comms||PrimeDeal||Amazon.com||Beach Camera Same Day Shipping||SUPERSAVINGS|
|Battery Average Life||—||100 hours||—||100 hours||—|
|Screen Size||1 in||1.8 in||2.3 in||2.31 in||2.6|
|Item Dimensions||5 x 5 x 3 in||1.02 x 2.44 x 5.87 in||2.7 x 1.5 x 6.5 in||1.5 x 2.7 x 6.5 in||4.2 x 1.4 x 6.3 in|
|Item Weight||0.5 lb||7 ounces||0.5 lb||7.5 ounces||0.58 lb|
The McMurdo FastFind 220 Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) is a rugged, handheld, and waterproof (non-buoyant) GPS-enabled rescue beacon which is small enough to be easily carried in a back-pack or pocket. Upon initiation of a distress call, the FastFind built-in GPS will fix your position to within a few meters and then utilizes a powerful 406 MHz signal to relay your distress call to orbiting satellites. The FastFind 220's lithium power cell offers a minimum 24hr continuous operation and a 6-year battery storage life. Performing a full functional self-test of the PLB's internal circuitry, battery voltage and power and 406 MHz transmission gives you the peace of mind knowing your PLB will work the moment you need it the most. The FastFind 220 no subscription and does not rely on commercial call centres, meaning your request for help is received directly by Search and Rescue authorities. When triggered, the Fast Find Ranger broadcasts a unique registered distress signal that not only tells rescuers where you are, but who you are. This is typically within 5 minutes, but can be up to 45 minutes depending on satellite coverage. The Fast Find Ranger features a 121.5 MHz secondary homing transmitter which means that once Search and Rescue teams have been deployed, they are able to home in on your exact location. The unit also features a flashing SOS light which can be used to attract attention. This Personal Locator Beacon is pre-programmed for registration with the US country code. Whilst it will function anywhere around the world, the initial point of contact during an emergency situation would be the US Search & Rescue authorities with whom the PLB would be registered. Please purchase our alternative listing for ‘McMurdo Fast Find 220 PLB – Including Country Programming Service’. We include at not cost reprogramming service on this alternative listing to ensure the device can be registered in the country of your choice.