Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 45 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 53 reviews
VINE VOICEon November 6, 2012
I love these biscuits, plain or with a chocolate coating. There's a taste and texture combination, that I haven't found in the U.S. grocery stores. I have never been to England and have only bought them online through Amazon and will continue to do so, as I'm now so hooked on them.
A very good British friend told me about them, so I had to try. The Hobnobs, for us Americans, would be hard to name, is it a cookie or a cracker? It isn't like what we think of as biscuits either. I'd say it's a cross between a cookie and a cracker. It can be used with sweets or a nice slice of cheese. I've been dipping them in a coconut cream. That has a taste like a coconut cream pie eaten that way.
Between the crunch, taste and oaty goodness, I'll never tire of eating them. I'll have to buy in bulk next time.
on October 8, 2012
I had purchased the product based on how frequently it was mentioned in a British novel series I favor.

As it is shipped, I was pleasantly surprised to find the Hobnobs to not be crumbly from any rough encounters it had while in transit. It was shipped with a second item, both had been in a single box filled with package cushioning material. This was more than sufficient to keep them from moving around in the box.

The biscuits have a flavor that is quite close to honey granola bars, although not quite as dry. It should still be consumed with a side beverage, such as tea or milk.

McVities Hobnob Biscuits are available as an Amazon prime item, and shipping was not only free, but arrived in two business days. Several other similar food items have shipping costs that are equal to, or exceed the cost of the biscuits themselves.

All and all, a great product at a good price with excellent shipping price and speed. I will definitely purchase again.
on June 16, 2015
These biscuits from the U.K. are a family favorite. They are a not too sweet treat, perfect with tea or milk (or coffee if you must.) I put them out when my adult sons visited and they disappeared like magic. As an added bonus, the carb count per biscuit is reasonably low, so if you are counting carbs, you can still enjoy one or two without guilt. The taste is simple but lovely., perhaps a little addictive........
on September 26, 2013
I first wrote a negative review for this supplier because the product I'd ordered was badly damaged due to extremely poor packaging, which resulted in me receiving packets of crumbs rather than biscuits.
However, within a day after posting my review I received an email back from the company apologizing for the condition of the bisuits and offering to replace my order.
I received my order today - this time with very adequate packaging.
In my opinion, this is excellent customer service - and very acceptable resolution of the problem - and I will order from them again.
on November 19, 2014
Perhaps the UK message that there may be nuts does not mean the same thing as the same message does on US products. I could taste the nuts and actually SEE nut fragments. I am not allergic (ie, die) but do have a sensitivity which leads to a most unpleasant rash and itching. As to the taste, I have been trying to find a product similar to some home made oatcakes given to me and am not successful. The first I bought (also from the UK) were crumbly and nearly tasteless (unless topped with pumpkin butter). These were sweeter but basically good -- except for the taste of nuts. In US products labeled "may" have nuts I have NEVER been able to taste or see nuts. So, probably, most people would like these. Thus the 3-star rating.
on June 14, 2016
I bought this after staring at the overpriced import for years in my local grocery store. Not bad, not what I expected either. They taste similar to nature valley bars.
on April 17, 2015
They don't travel well. The vendor was VERY quick to offer a refund. I think the issue was I ordered just these from the vendor. Had there been other stuff in the order, the packing might have been more protective. Love the cookies. I wouldn't recommend ordering them during the warmer months though. A bit stuck together but worth it. Tasty.
on June 15, 2016
these are so good to dip into tea! they soak up the tea and don't fall apart. they also keep their texture even when dipping!
on September 2, 2012
One of my Weight Watcher friends recommended these and I agree with her - they are delicious and ONE of these at 72 calories satisfies a sweet tooth. There are only 3.9g of sugars and NO hydrogenated vegetable oils and lots of oats. I plan to order a container once a month. Very tasty and highly recommended. Snacks CAN be healthy.
on October 8, 2015
These are very crumbly and don't have a lot of flavor. I won't buy them again. They aren't bad, but I'll stick to regular supermarket brands.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.